Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's looking that way, but I suspect Carlton would get something back also.

Hey mate, we got both Polec & Pittard for pick 11 last year, and whilst Papley is good, he ain't THAT good.

There's nothing wrong with our trading in recent years.
Lol Sick Boy and Shittard. Power fans still laughing.

Can the AFL really get in the way of when trades are posted, just for it to suit their agenda?
How exactly would that work?

Anyway, it has been alluded to here but apparently Daniher does want to/need to get out of Melbourne....for lifestyle reasons.
For Essendon to hold on could come back to bite, short and long term. He may well be forced to stay but this could be interesting.

I think this is all Dodoro posturing

Sydney appear to be a patient bunch

Yeah sure. Higgins and Goldstein are 32 next year. Ziebell and Cunington will be 29. Brown 28. I think most of the players younger than that have modest ceilings. Even if they were younger it’s not enough top end talent to be competitive with the best.

So, I think North needs to work out how it works toward its next flag. Topping up with ‘solid types’ won’t cut it.

I think you’re not a destination club for top end talent. I think all clubs are struggling to get in top 20 afl players. Blues haven’t grabbed one at any point and am not saying we are any better off.

But getting a flag winning list together won’t be done through trades for North. You therefore need to do it through the draft. Mid range picks won’t do it either.

So I think you need to strongly consider trading out players of value (Eg Brown) to get early picks in bunches so you can attempt to find your next group of champions.

That you’re not doing anything like that feels a bit defeatist to me.

Okay, thanks.

I don't have any issues with our age profile and our only seriously pressing list issue is an heir for Goldstein, due to the fact that rucks tend to take time.

Brown is 26 and has another 7 years of footy left. Larkey is an extremely promising KPF who cemented a spot in 2019.

A quick small forward is a need, but you can pick them up relatively quickly, as is another outside midfielder (winger) to compliment Polec, but I have very high expectations for Bailey Scott. I'm not aware if you have considered the youth we already have on our list (4 x RS noms in 2019), but I consider that we are well placed in that regard. I expect us to play finals in 2020.

Okay, thanks.

I don't have any issues with our age profile and our only seriously pressing list issue is an heir for Goldstein.

A quick small forward is a need, but you can pick them up rerlatively quickly, as is another outside midfielder (winger) to compliment Polec, but I have very high expectations for Bailey Scott. I'm not aware if you have considered the youth we already have on our list (4 x RS noms in 2018), but I consider that we are well placed in that regard. I expect us to play finals in 2020.

You won't play finals in 2020

Pretty sure we all need to wait til 6.30pm to here any significant announcements.
The whole thing staged by AFL. Typical.
Just hoping all our deals (Papley & Martin) are already rubber stamped, waiting for the formalities.
Would love it if SOS can work his magic and land another key midfielder. Chris Masten would be nice.
Go Blues. Can wait for 2020 season. So exciting.... :D

With all dodo'd posturing over JD, he still hasn't done anything to fix the gaping hole in their list.
If closing time comes around and they havent gotten themselved a big bodied mid, surely he has to get the arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to 8+ hours of impatient, negative posters whinging about how if we haven't closed the Papley/Martin deals yet we must have missed out due to club incompetence. Probably quoting prominent media personalities talking absolute shit to create clickbait headlines.

Also looking forward to those posters going missing after both trades go through this evening.

Okay, thanks.

I don't have any issues with our age profile and our only seriously pressing list issue is an heir for Goldstein.

A quick small forward is a need, but you can pick them up rerlatively quickly, as is another outside midfielder (winger) to compliment Polec, but I have very high expectations for Bailey Scott. I'm not aware if you have considered the youth we already have on our list (4 x RS noms in 2018), but I consider that we are well placed in that regard. I expect us to play finals in 2020.

I tend to agree with your assessment of North, I'd say that a long term tall defender would be a need too as Durdin, Vicker Willis and McKay havent shown whether its injury or form they can be relied on. They'll push for a finals spot if those 2nd to 4th year players such as Thomas, Scott, Davies Uniacke, Walker, Zurhaar (who's better than any small on our list), Larkey and Simpkin come on next season.

I see why North would be into Papley, if you've got him with Zurhaar that's a nice combo of smalls.

1) Josh Kelly has a clause to trigger his contract extension, and he'll be FA next season if he doesn't do that.
2) Who knows what will play out with the 2 x 1st round picks for next year, but I am excited by the possibilities to turn them to great advantage with up to 8 academy kids expected to go in the first round, and many top shelf players coming out of contract at the end of 2020.

Time will tell.

Have to have played 8 years at a club to qualify for free agency - Kelly was drafted at the end of 2013.

Not a free agent at the end of next year, just out of contract, so don't get your hopes up.

Edit: not even out of contract next year - contracted til end of 2021.

Settle down mate, no one is "convinced" of anything like that. We're just using reasonable logic to broaden the current view.

Sydney hold the whip hand in the Papley scenario, and IF the Daniher thing doesn't go through, then what would they prefer, another 1st round pick this year, or next year when they will have two expected top 10 kids to get via their academy?

It's certainly a possibility worth discussing whilst the Daniher thing remains in deadlock.
No it’s not. Papley to Carlton is already a done deal. AFL just wanting to stage it tonight on fox footy.

Brown is 26 and has another 7 years of footy left. Larkey is an extremely promising KPF who cemented a spot in 2019.

you must have missed the memo from the Windy Hill Bugle (aka the HUN) that Brown is off to *. Oh... and just to bring you up to speed, they have also cleared * of all the doping charges 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back