Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is really poor by the AFL with regards to the bonus picks afforded to GC, it has really strengthen their hand for number of picks which is probably the reason they are being so hard on this trade. They have so many picks they can afford to be fussy.

Funny story

At All Saints Winery many years ago_One man band singing all the classics. Handing the microphone around, people singing to the tunes.

Starts a rendition of cheap wine(maybe not that appropriate), woman handed the microphone, everyone waiting in anticipation

Belts out....."Hi, my name is Sharon, and I am an alcoholic"

Think she was taking the p1ss

All I read there is we are getting Wines cheaply....

....I think I have a problem.

I don’t think it’s a joke, AFL is an entertainment industry, these media outlets pay over $1 billion for the rights, they do that because we as supporters lap it up. If I’m paying $1 billion I want some sway.

But why this happens is because, we listen to trade radio, we ring up, we read the stories, we speculate on it, we will all watch it on Fox Tonight.

If the supporter didn’t, then it wouldn’t play out like this at all

Meh.

We’re talking people’s careers here. If a billion-dollar industry is relying on some thrills between 3 to 7:30 on the last day of the trade then something is broken.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is really poor by the AFL with regards to the bonus picks afforded to GC, it has really strengthen their hand for number of picks which is probably the reason they are being so hard on this trade. They have so many picks they can afford to be fussy.
If he goes delisted free agent we are 3rd in line behind a club hes leaving and Melbourne. We would just have to put up big bucks they can't match in the PSD wouldn't we?

If Martin does not get traded, what's the future for him (i.e. how do we get him) given at October 31st, he's out of contract?

Do we have to draft him through the ND, or can we sign him as a DFA?

Better be last year's PSD cos there ain't one this year.
Guess what mateee you'reeeee wrong.

This has been gone over 100 times, just because it hasn't been expressly announced doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It takes place immediately before the rookie draft and will only be used for uncontracted players who are not traded yet aren't delisted free agents.

If it didn't exist, there would be no method to deal with a player like Jack Martin if a trade is not done. Ergo, it must exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back