Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about “image” reminds me someone earlier wrote on here that the GCS top and colours are not going to suit Matt Rowell - I think they said he would look like Ronald McDonald which isn’t far off haha

Poor kid is the best in the country for his age and not only does he have to play in front of small crowds and do his own laundry but he has to look ridiculous in those colours

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My bad there , but I don’t imagine there would any other major national sport that would have the same expectations from their prodigious young talent such as the AFL demand.

Yep. We mock kids for wanting a trade after 1, 2 or 3 seasons.

But if you were drafted by a team at the bottom of the ladder, with poor facilities, weak coaches and you were losing by 10 goals every week......as if you wouldn't want to be traded somewhere (anywhere) else.....
You have a point, but at least one may not be thousands of Kms away from family and close friends too. Current expansion aspirations are restrictive and harsh on the youngsters and it dilutes the quality of talent availability where it really matters.

Yep. We mock kids for wanting a trade after 1, 2 or 3 seasons.

But if you were drafted by a team at the bottom of the ladder, with poor facilities, weak coaches and you were losing by 10 goals every week......as if you wouldn't want to be traded somewhere (anywhere) else.....

That's what free agency should be for. Give the club that drafted you several years (5+) of good service, then you can look to move. I'd prefer Rowell to be a one club player (GC) his entire career, personally.

Ok no problem..I haven’t checked stats but I don’t recall him being a terrible kick when watching the cats play.

I guess the important thing for us is the development of stocker. Can’t wait to see him playing regularly in the seniors.
There was a pretty good thread about it on the Bay for a fair while there.

In 2019 Danger ranked 392nd* in the AFL for total effective disposals percentage, not sure where to look for just kick disposal percentage though.

*Edit: players with minimum of 5 games played.

This talent drain and poaching of GCS players has to stop!

Willing to make an exception for Rowell (and Martin) though ;)
there's no crying over trades or poaching in footy. Not when it comes to taking whatever we can from GC now.
We didn't start this, but by golly we will finish it.

Last edited:
Jason Dunstal, Reckon we can fill a decent team of all the players that were mad Carlton supporters growing up that played elsewhere.
what's that guy's name who
you know,
the one that never fin...
and then he...
so, yeah
you never know what he was...

that guy.
supported us as a kid.

(Fitzroy player/Swannies coach/etc) ;) :p

Last edited:
Talking about “image” reminds me someone earlier wrote on here that the GCS top and colours are not going to suit Matt Rowell - I think they said he would look like Ronald McDonald which isn’t far off haha

Poor kid is the best in the country for his age and not only does he have to play in front of small crowds and do his own laundry but he has to look ridiculous in those colours

good ol' Rowell McDonald.
come home son.
we love you.
plus...
dark navy!!!

In 2019 Danger ranked 392nd* in the AFL for total effective disposals percentage, not sure where to look for just kick disposal percentage though.

Wow...392nd is a long way down in the rankings for a player rated so highly.

Wow...392nd is a long way down in the rankings for a player rated so highly.
I have to admit I hadn't noticed it either until seeing the thread I mentioned, after that I started noticing just how rare it was for him to kick it to a teammate's advantage. Lots of kicking into congestion/2-on-1s or OOF.

It's pretty common knowledge Danger isn't the most accurate of kicks, but that stat in isolation is totally misleading...end of the day he's one of the best and most influential players in the comp when it comes to influencing games to help his team win.

It's pretty common knowledge Danger isn't the most accurate of kicks, but that stat in isolation is totally misleading...end of the day he's one of the best and most influential players in the comp when it comes to influencing games to help his team win.
In general conversation it is probably misleading but when discussing his kicking efficiency in isolation I think it's pretty apt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what free agency should be for. Give the club that drafted you several years (5+) of good service, then you can look to move. I'd prefer Rowell to be a one club player (GC) his entire career, personally.

Why would you wanna live on the GC for 10 years plus unless you’re waiting for a knock on the front door from heaven ( or hell ) ???

Bloody oath, if Kennedy was on the share market, I putting all my Dollarydoos into Bam Bam. That wind of sail confidence he got under Teague as coach will hold him in good stead, just hope he can fulfill the Josh Kennedy role for us. His goal scoring ability is worth retaining on the list alone.

Sometimes i think some fans/posters get too fixated/obsessed over a player's flaws and areas he can improve on, than his strengths.

At the very least, Matt Kennedy deserves a full and uninterrupted season under Teague as coach, to prove his worth to this footy club..
Liked for the use of dollarydoos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back