Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. The added benefit of having Saad and Williams in the team is getting both Williamson and SPS further up the ground. If we have these two kicking to the big forwards we will be so much more clinical and efficient imo, would love to see Willo in particular delivering inside 50 more.

should have read your post before I posted mine. Spot on.

I'd also give dons straight swap merret for dow ..im serious ..we need to make the moves this draft ..Brisbane were second last on the ladder a couple of years back some smart recruiting and they could possibly win a flag this year although I think they won't
You may be serious but they'd laugh at Dow for merret as a straight swap, and rightly so.

no... our days of picking players we hope come good, or hope reach their potential must be over. They simply must. We need plug and play best 22 additions, and we should be prepared to pay full retail.

We need best 22 players from better teams than ours. Narkle isn’t that profile. He’s just another spin of the roulette wheel.

The hardest climb of all is where we are now to challenging for prelims. I’ve seen enough of what we have on the list now to say this core group won’t get there without help. We don’t have enough mids, we need more leadership, and we need a broader group of better users who also bring dynamism. We need the ball moving fast and long to give the forwards the maximum space.

I view Saad and Williams to both be clearly additive to what we have. Particularly if they release or swap with Willo / SPS to move up to the wings and we get more quality users closer to the forward line.

I reckon he is a walk up start to our midfield. Hes having difficulty cracking into a midfield consisting of Selwood, Dangerfield, Duncan, Parfitt, Guthrie and others who have come on. Thats not a knock on him. He'd be cheap also and adds exactly what we need. Pace in the midfield.

I'd also give dons straight swap merret for dow ..im serious ..we need to make the moves this draft ..Brisbane were second last on the ladder a couple of years back some smart recruiting and they could possibly win a flag this year although I think they won't

Have you had a recent fall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad won't do a Martin if it comes to that. He'll put a tidy price on his services and head to whichever club is happy to pay it.

If Dodo won't deal, we should just shift our focus elsewhere. Jayden Hunt from Melbourne is handy enough and bloody quick.
Very handy in fact 😉

We dont need Saad, Williams etc.

We need players that can pass the ball over 50mts that can break defensive lines.

Is it just me or isn't that exactly what those two do?

We need to look at sides that aren’t in the window and target There creme players We might be surprised at who they’d trade to rebuild there clubs for the right price eg jye simkin rankine Rowbottom etc

You're kidding yourself if you reckon rebuilding clubs are going to offload their better <24yo players for picks to facilitate a rebuild.

You're right we should look at those clubs though. Just the opposite end of their lists. Find a Cunnington or Parker who could be had for a second rounder and come in to give us a harder edge.

The problem with Dodo is that he strings talks along long enough to impact other trades.

Only as long as you let him.

That's why I said we should walk away if he won't be reasonable. Put him on the clock with a late first, 48 hours to accept it or we move on. Saad isn't worth wasting 2 weeks haggling over.

You might be serious, Essendon and anyone else really would laugh at that suggestion.

You're kidding yourself if you reckon rebuilding clubs are going to offload their better <24yo players for picks to facilitate a rebuild.

You're right we should look at those clubs though. Just the opposite end of their lists. Find a Cunnington or Parker who could be had for a second rounder and come in to give us a harder edge.
Fair call Hopefully Austin’s team has their feelers out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back