Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be happy with just Williams tbh, keep good draft picks. Don’t need a saviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. We don't want to just grab at whatever we can get either.

Saad went to Essendope over us for a 2nd rounder. Would now cost us much more to bring over with Dodo. So he can stay there imo.

Newman back next year and Williamson developing. We will be fine. :)

Re. players we're attached to/have enquired about -

1. Premium contracted player e.g. Taranto, Wines etc - Say 2% chance.
2. Premium contracted player with one year left on contract and heading into FA thereafter e.g. Merrett - ~5% chance.
3. Premium un-contracted player e.g. Saad - ~10% chance.
4. Free Agent - e.g. Williams, Viney ~15%
5. Average un-contracted player e.g. Graham, Wright etc - ~25% chance.

This is around the way I look at things taking into account our chances against the competition, given where we are.
Anyone that gets excited for us speaking to players in the 1. Category, will likely be disappointed.

Crouch would be fine. Not sure why anyone would be disappointed.

Very good footballer though durability is a concern. And I'd expect that concern to be reflected in any contract offered.

This is my only real issue with Crouch. Ticks the boxes football wise.

TheRedPill, ericpascoe, from there you have a few that gain my attention but I don't allow myself to totally buy in. Agro proved right a few times, tencentpiece, carlton09, Electric Blue, MS3 (less so recently), the user that used to be Adam43 has good GWS info and Ricky Mott im sure is a friend of the Silvagnis
Jeez - don't rate OR?

If the best we can do is get Brad Crouch by offering him 4 yrs @ $750k I’d rather offer Ben Cunnington 2 years on a reduced salary, minimal trade cost with NM and similar risk of injuries. That is, if you believe the Whisp...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

North would be mental letting Cunnington go (if the rumours are true).

Are you kidding swans cannot be ahead of us, our forwards, rucks and backs are better than what they have.

Young Swans are performing better than several of our younger and higher picked mids though -
#44 McInerney and #25 Rowbottom were given opportunity and have performed very well to date, with Rowbottom being the stand out.
Opportunity is a great thing. Something some of our guys are going to find hard to find, although I'd say Walsh & Setterfield have been more than just OK.

Anyway, people say what they want to say.

Can we put Rondo at HF for us, too? He was amazing for my Lakers today In the second half. 3-1 up, gonna show the Clippers how not to choke
Thanks for that. I was planning on watching the replay today but now I don't have to.

I honestly didn't think I'd stumble across the result in the bluemour thread, but whadya know, there it is!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Taranto rumour has been around on here for a few days now. I can’t bring myself to believe it’s plausible that he could leave GWS. Nup.

Although, it would be incredible if true. Think he’s in the top 5 mids under 23 in the comp - and we’ve already got one of the top 5 in Walshy. Linked to that many mids it’s confused us all on who our prime targets are, i like the little element of surprise.

If you believe the rumours they are way over their salary cap. Can see another big name being forced out. Just hope they find their way to us.

Disappointed if this is true about Saad staying put but imagine how much more disappointed we would have all been if he went to an actual decent team. Staying at * seems like Saad is destroying any idea he had of team success.
On face value Saad looks like one of those guys who wants the $$$. And fair play to him, you have to make hay while the sun shines.

But money seemed to be a factor when he left the Suns, and this entire exercise seems to be about driving up his price at Essendon or landing a higher offer elsewhere.

I do believe he’d suit our team well, but nonetheless he’s not a player I’d be particularly happy with the club getting into a bidding war over.

Last edited:
TheRedPill, ericpascoe, from there you have a few that gain my attention but I don't allow myself to totally buy in. Agro proved right a few times, tencentpiece, carlton09, Electric Blue, MS3 (less so recently), the user that used to be Adam43 has good GWS info and Ricky Mott im sure is a friend of the Silvagnis

But never reg

My old mate Blue Thunder used to get good info, but I haven't seen him around for ages.

My old mate Blue Thunder used to get good info, but I haven't seen him around for ages.

Hasn't posted since September 2nd last year but actuatlly logged on last night. His last post last year was on the money with Jack Martin. Hopefully he has some info to provide us with one of these days.

So you would pass on Kemp if he was available this year then?

Not sure, depends what else is available. Kemp also has more scope as a multi- positional player, so he's not as close a comparison as, say, Stocker.

Last day of trade week, everything else we can do is done, and we have a spare pick around 30-40, I'm fine with it. But it's not something I'd be pursuing this early.

I will tell you where I am going with Mcgov & Betts stuff. We recruited 2 players from Adelaide's wooden spoon culture and they both probably aren't in our best 22 and you are suggesting we go back to the well and recruit crouch.

We haven't had our morning coffee yet have we??
images.jpeg-250.jpg

Here you go big fella..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back