Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saad won't do a Martin if it comes to that. He'll put a tidy price on his services and head to whichever club is happy to pay it.

If Dodo won't deal, we should just shift our focus elsewhere. Jayden Hunt from Melbourne is handy enough and bloody quick.
If no deal is struck, there are only 2 Melbourne teams that would stand in out way (in the preseason draft), kangas and hawks. I don't think either will go Saad if he puts a decent price tag on himself and says he only wants to play with us.

If no deal is struck, there are only 2 Melbourne teams that would stand in out way (in the preseason draft), kangas and hawks. I don't think either will go Saad if he puts a decent price tag on himself and says he only wants to play with us.

I reckon North would call his name out without a second thought.

Those are probably the two exact teams that would!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We thought the same about Melb and Martin too until he put a huge price tag on his head. North wouldn't do it.

We thought it highly unlikely that they'd take Martin.

Martin was also 200% set on Carlton, and we structured his contract demand in a way that made it unreasonable for Melbourne to afford. They also liked Bennell for their last list spot.

NM are in freefall, desperate for talent, and can't convince anyone of note to take their blank checque. They wouldn't turn away someone like Saad for free, and if he really wants out of Essendon I don't reckon Saad would be so choosy as to refuse to play for NM if they're happy to pony up $600k a year.

Saad and Williams releases Willo and SPS further up the field. Them two would make our backline close to one of the strongest on paper in the league and alone transform our mid rotations and what I saw from Willo on Sat night was total comfortability as a winger. Could become very damaging if we can continue to develop him there.

Add in 1-2 key midfield acquisitions and the return of Dow and introduction of Kemp from constant injuries - our 22 looks different once again and we bat even deeper. This off-season is so important, it can change our fortunes for the first time in a long time.

Let’s be honest, if saad expressed his interested to want to play for us and us only, do you really see someone like North or Hawthorn taking a player that they know doesn’t want to be there?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got a gut feel that Wines will be in navy blue next year.

Seems like a good fit, Port are strong enough to let him go, we'll have the picks to get it done.

7 to Geelong for their two firsts. The later of those for Saad. The earlier of them and our second for Wines. Williams as a free agent.

Leave next year's picks intact.

Plowman, Jones, Doc
Saad, Weitering, Williamson
Walsh, Williams, Setterfield
TDK, Cripps, Wines
Martin, McKay, Newnes
Fisher, Curnow, Cunningham

Still not sure on the makeup of the forward line. One spot probably shared between Betts and whichever of Owies, Honey and Phillips survive the cull. The other probably best suited to a utility (Gov or JSOS) or second ruck (Levi or Pitt).

Stack the bench with mid rotations and runners - Curnow, Murph, Newnes, Gibbons, SPS, Cunners, Dow, LOB, Stocker, Kemp, Philp.
Fixed.

If Cunningham wants to play he is small forward until he can prove otherwise. Best games I've seen him play bar that bombers game were as small forward. Newnes half forward and run like a mofo.

We finish 11th !!!

And we have pick 7 due to Fremantle’s points deficit !

Omg! We move higher on the ladder and don't lose draft position. That's a win-win.

And all because SOS bid on Henry last year while he was buying time. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back