Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this based on something or just a feeling?

Ok, it's a feeling for cripps.

Loose connection with Curnow. Let me stress that I havent tapped the Curnow tap for a while. The charlie goss I have had for a while is that he is happy to be a Carlton as long as Ed is there.

Cripps is out recruiting players.
unless something has drastically changed we all know he won’t go. Even if he was to go to WA we all know eagles most likely anyway

You never know. His partner has had pretty bad mental health issues, i'm sure he loves the club but real life situations like mental health would come first in a lot of peoples life.

Loose connection with Curnow. Let me stress that I havent tapped the Curnow tap for a while. The charlie goss I have had for a while is that he is happy to be a Carlton as long as Ed is there.
Yeh I wouldn't worry yet. Based on Jon Ralph's report Cripps/Mckay looking to re-sign. Curnow contracted to 2023 and he has shown no indication of not liking the club. For me personally he actually shows more passion on the ground for the jumper compared to most of our others.

You never know. His partner has had pretty bad mental health issues, i'm sure he loves the club but real life situations like mental health would come first in a lot of peoples life.

I agree

And in today's day and age that needs to be respected... And if he does leave we are unlikely to be shafted in any trade.

I understand their talent levels, but #7 and our future first for Oliver, Saad and Narkle is reflective of yet another organisational failure. That price needs to be seriously knocked down to make it worth our while.

At the asking price, I just would not bother with Oliver. I do not believe for a second that Saad commands more than a second rounder, while Narkle is where you swap third rounders or throw them your 4th.

I know people feel like we shouldn't keep going back to the well of the draft, but I'd rather focus on another way of acquiring Saad and Narkle than tossing away our chance at some of the players in that upper cusp of the draft.

I'd also prefer not to see a fire sale on our young midfield stocks.

Our first rounder this year and next year for Oliver, Saad and Narkle is a great deal. I would take that and run and probably just about every other list manager would too. Oliver is an out and out gun and Saad fills a need for some run out of defence and is also a good lockdown defender. Narkle has talent but not a certainty at all. People get carried away by high draft picks and the potential of picking up a future gun but as Carlton supporters we should know its never a certainty. Oliver and Saad are certainties.

But for his disposal, typically at pace, Dow,s first and second seasons were impressive. This year the coach obviously sent him back to develop. Surely you can see the potential in the kid. He's a natural mid ball hunter. I think he'll be fine. It's the ex-captain I'm worried about.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ex captain who keeps racking them up and snagging the odd goal, as opposed to the up and comer who barely touches it and is in effectual when he does. They play different roles but, Murph does his better! Hoping one of the kids pushes him out but, when????

With Cripps, at the end of the day if he is making an individual choice then he’s not leaving. But he has a partner and by the sounds of things, her medical condition has worsened this year. Hopefully her condition improves, that it covid and the forced isolation was the anomaly that exacerbated it, and next year’s season plays out as normal. If it gets worse and realistically it’s in their best interests to return to WA then that’s really out of the Club’s hands and they’ll just have to make do with that scenario. It certainly doesn’t look like a scenario of frustrated player or player wanting more money. Cripps is burning for success and by the way he fronts up to the media, looks like a captain that is committed to seeing this team go to finals and win the big one.

On CC, he looks to be extremely close with Ed so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes about things post Ed. The Curnows definitely look like a right family unit. Hopefully he’s otherwise happy at the club and where he is at with his rehab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there might be something to it.
You are all but doubting cripp's integrity. Paddy says repeatedly that he's staying, multiple journalists report that he and the club are ready to organise next contract but awaiting the league to notify of list sizes and salary cap.
He's going nowhere.

Interesting.

Oliver is unsettled & unhappy at Melbourne. He’s told them that. He’s told Carlton that too.

Source: Melbourne and Carlton.

He may not end up at Carlton but he wants out of Melbourne. There have been extensive discussions with people at Carlton.
To further back this up, Tom Morris said this when questioned about Clayton Oliver potentially leaving:

"I think like lots of players at Melbourne, he's restless. Wasn't happy finishing 5th in b and f which is a bit childish in my view. But he's competitive. He's also very important for the Dees."

You are all but doubting cripp's integrity. Paddy says repeatedly that he's staying, multiple journalists report that he and the club are ready to organise next contract but awaiting the league to notify of list sizes and salary cap.
He's going nowhere.
So did GIbbs, just saying.

No preference on players like kelly or Oliver lol if u can land either one u take it and run!
IMO id go with maybe kelly being the easier get over Oliver?

Life changes, sometimes things happen that you have no control over and it causes a change in direction. Gibbs had every intention of being a one club player and I'm sure Cripps does too.

So if something happened with one person once it must happen again with a completely different person?

I see no reason whatsoever to doubt the character of Patrick Cripps . Not sure why there are so many "the sky is falling" people who do, despite every available source saying that it isn't happening.

So if something happened with one person once it must happen again with a completely different person?

I see no reason whatsoever to doubt the character of Patrick Cripps . Not sure why there are so many "the sky is falling" people who do, despite every available source saying that it isn't happening.

Gibbs leaving wasn't anything related to his 'character' either. You are right though they are two different situations and two different people, Cripps is no more likely to leave than anyone else is at this stage.

Would you mind adding a bit of context to your posts?
Your posts include hypotheticals and supposed rumours as well as posts coming from the perspective of a normal forum member.

EDIT:
To clarify we have ITK posters like tencentpiece, Forty3, OR who essentially only post rumours, so we know exactly what we're reading. There are other regular posters who get info every now and then, but they make it very clear if what they are posting is a rumour or just an opinion. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

1 trade period has gone from barrass and ep rumour begger to bonafide itk..... the circle of life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back