Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel comfortable offering De Goey a long term contract on big money....could easily come back to bite us. He's inconsistent.

Also I feel De Goey does his best work as a one out forward and a target Collingwood kick to deep kind of like Martin...not sure it works as well for us since we have other big key forward marking targets like Curnow/McKay. Cas likely in the team next year and McGovern as well (are we really expecting McGov to not be in the 22 or play defence? I don't think so).
With the way we like kicking to Eddie or Gibbons one out, I'd much rather replace them with DeGoey

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not saying it was...

I tried to explain to you why we were confident he'd see out his GWS contract and then leave as a FA... it made so much more sense for him and in hindsight it would've been the better option...

Better for him, sure, hindsight is a wonderful thing

What we have seen over recent times, clubs are more willing to trade out players a year out from free agency/OOC and that won't change anytime soon

It's why the likes of Oliver, Merrett, etc are being rumoured, this year

And, there are a couple more names that will be floated soon

They may very well have pushed him out, but at the end of the day, a player does what they feel is best for them, not the club who's trying to push them out...

He was contracted and had every right to refuse to leave.. he didn't, even though he publicly stated that he was happy where he was...instead he went for the carrot that * dangled in front of him... why? Because he felt that was the right move for him. Not very bright if his main priority was to be part of a premiership team imo...

I wouldn't think that many, if any, players would feel comfortable staying at a club after it's been made clear to them that the club would be happy to see them go.

These SEN nuffies lmao.. Charlie for Saad straight swap they reckon
The bigger the expectation they build up in * supporters, the bigger the disappointment when Saad is traded for a second rounder.

Me likey

Anyone listening to SEN - Saad & Gleeson for pick 7 and Dow.....gets better.....Saad for Charlie - FMD these Essendon flogs.
What is a Gleeson?

JSilvagni, O'Brien and SPS don't have to go anywhere if they don't want to. They are contracted, but -
Wouldn't you be asking what your future may hold at the club and what next years opportunities may look like? I would. Maybe some wouldn't..

It's time for the young guys (add Stocker to your list) to get proactive - stop politely inquiring, and start demanding selection. No more getting by on 'potential'.

Anyone listening to SEN - Saad & Gleeson for pick 7 and Dow.....gets better.....Saad for Charlie - FMD these Essendon flogs.
you can lose up to five IQ points just by switching the dial to 1116 - avoid their talkback at all costs. How do * get to package a player into the deal that we don't necessarily even want, when they're the ones with the player walking out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better for him, sure, hindsight is a wonderful thing

What we have seen over recent times, clubs are more willing to trade out players a year out from free agency/OOC and that won't change anytime soon

It's why the likes of Oliver, Merrett, etc are being rumoured, this year

And, there are a couple more names that will be floated soon
Paul Barbazza mentions Dunkley and Oliver in a tweet to Jon Ralph.

We would be absolutely crazy to trade SpS, especially now that we have the cover we need at half back and therefore allow this kid to rotate via the midfield.
We have a bloody decent group of kids now, that can make some serious ground next year and beyond. Let's not do anything stupid.

I dont want to trade any of them, but with Saad, Williams and possibly one other decent trade coming through, something has to give.
The trading landscape of the AFL has changed. The same mechanisms that allow us to bring in quality recruits relatively easily also applies in reverse.

I dont want to trade any of them, but with Saad, Williams and possibly one other decent trade coming through, something has to give.
The trading landscape of the AFL has changed. The same mechanisms that allow us to bring in quality recruits relatively easily also applies in reverse.

I disagree with this so much, it isn't even funny.
After the rebuild and high draft picks we have accumulated, the idea of trading in, is to plug holes or get experienced depth.
If we start removing the depth and talent from our list, then we have wasted our time and will not achieve the ultimate success.
Let's get to where we want to get too, playing finals and winning a premiership before we start to make a 'hard call' or so.
Use current picks, get FA, but don't tear down the fabric we have built.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back