Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I haven't, A bit of a smart us comment really. Judgement made through interviews and press conferences.over the years

Just curious, I met him a few times but only had fleeting interactions with him, seemed like a good bloke. Can't really say much on the IQ front :tearsofjoy:

Scott took a very average list at north to finals numerous times. He always at the very least had them competitive and playing with heart.

Scott would stick up for his players, never made excuses and demanded respect. We need an alpha coach who sets the tone and doesn’t accept mediocrity. He would also be hungry for success...

That’s just my personal take
Look at the list he had - there was nothing average about it. Somehow the Laidley years are attributed to Scott, who actually coached a pretty strong side.
The longer Scott has been out of coaching, the better he gets.

Very much doubt if it was a case of nepotism, but no doubt Austin would have followed his progress closely when he was at the Dogs as well as his VFL form this year.

The issue I have is that I have no idea what we recruited. He's been a mid/forward who was thrown into defence the start of the year. AFL Draft Central describe him as a "22-year-old (who) has mostly been pegged as a forward, but could be the small defender or wingman Carlton is in desperate need of to fill out its starting 18."

His recruitment was a bit of a head scratcher on the nite, especially when we're desperate for KPP's, and players like Schlensog were still available.

We still could have taken Schlensog as we passed on our last selection.

Buckley and Clarkson are each still in the mix. More than 1 role will need to be filled.

I’m hoping that they didn’t say no to “an offer they can’t refuse”. If that’s the case, I’d be worried about what “mix” they’re in. Hopefully ‘role’ is not a typo for ‘hole’.

We need a cultural change otherwise!

🤪

Seriously though, a very good rumour ✅

Struggle to see how he is a dinosaur, if he was a dinosaur, wouldnt he have failed at Port? They’ve been very successful.
They have been very successful, But so have many other VFA/VFL Coaches Its a different level and to assume he would transition form coaching port to being director of Football at CFC is a big call.

The question i ask, are we in a position to take another risk?? Will it be another "training wheels situation"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you removed every board and every CEO that ever made a bad appointment there'd be none left in their positions anywhere. Stronger organisations are able to correct those things and move on without so much fuss. Rather than get rid of absolutely everyone, identify the issue and fix it. Hopefully, that is the stage that we are in right now.
LOL what about a board that oversaw most of our mistakes- or "decisions"

if the board cant identifies mistakes, or even better, avoid making them, who will be charged with the responsibility to fix them?
your previous post of having an old experienced head, made sense, Now, but more so, 3 years ago.

their mentality most likely was the all-knowing C Judd, the one who bails in weeks

Ive decided that next year I’ll be paying my membership on a conditional arrangement to match the players effort. $20 at round one, another $20 at round four, maybe another payment at round 10 and so on..
i tried that at my local boudoir once, didnt go down well, (pun intended)

LOL what about a board that oversaw most of our mistakes- or "decisions"

if the board cant identifies mistakes, or even better, avoid making them, who will be charged with the responsibility to fix them?
your previous post of having an old experienced head, made sense, Now, but more so, 3 years ago.

their mentality most likely was the all-knowing C Judd, the one who bails in weeks

I'm assuming that the review will identify areas of concern within the club (which the board is already aware of, hence the reason a review was called for). That will enable the Board to make a number of changes without too much pushback from various interested parties including fans.

Absolutely agreed that it made sense three years ago, a mistake was made, can't be stuck worrying about a mistake made 3 years ago, need to rectify it and keep moving.

They have been very successful, But so have many other VFA/VFL Coaches Its a different level and to assume he would transition form coaching port to being director of Football at CFC is a big call.

The question i ask, are we in a position to take another risk?? Will it be another "training wheels situation"

Ive asked a few times and the answer has never been clear, in relation to the head of football job, who’s good? We can all theorise on coaches, most have a playing career and coaching CV, that’s been open for everyone to see, but who’s the next Balme? How do you or anyone else know?

I'm assuming that the review will identify areas of concern within the club (which the board is already aware of, hence the reason a review was called for). That will enable the Board to make a number of changes without too much pushback from various interested parties including fans.

Absolutely agreed that it made sense three years ago, a mistake was made, can't be stuck worrying about a mistake made 3 years ago, need to rectify it and keep moving.
one of the primary reasons i was banging on about getting 2-3 footy heads on the board, rather than one who was there for fin review networking.
got the debt out of the way, socially responsible citizens , but i feel football took a backseat. Hope this is rectified

one of the primary reasons i was banging on about getting 2-3 footy heads on the board, rather than one who was there for fin review networking.
got the debt out of the way, socially responsible citizens , but i feel football took a backseat. Hope this is rectified

On a board of 8 there is certainly room for a couple of footy focussed people as well, the more diverse the board, the better.

19094bda475a37738c5419792531c672.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back