Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not if Lyon is the coach. SOS's plan was always to get Lyon - see the Lyon St meeting. If I was coach, I'd want a List Manager I could trust. Don't get the Loguidice turn on SOS - thought they were paisanos.
They are mates, and it was probably SOS helping Lyon out
Seen visibly makes freo think he's being sounded out by Carlton (for a second time)
the first time got a contract extension, the second time, he got the sack

Not saying he cant play there but should he? Id certainly suggest his best position is off halfback. Id argue the same about Jack Martin. he always played his best off half forward. Seems like a simple concept but play players in their best positions.

On that point I’d agree. Being an A grade half back is not a bad fall back option. That’s one area we have sewn up for 6-7 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In part, yes.

They chopped three potential KPDs in one swoop.

Goddard (a plodder), Macreadie (perennially injured) and BSOS (alleged attitude).

We're always told the 'bigs' take longer to develop.

Hugh was 25, and just a little off the pace. Macreadie was into his 4th season (22 odd) could play, but seldom on the park.

Ben was taken in the 4th round of his draft (2018, #70) so hardly costly.

Played two seasons with the 2020 season being heavily compromised.

Might even have grown a bit past his 196cm listing.

So, was given 1 real season + the 1st CV19 season, then axed...he was 20.

At the time there was genuine surprise at him getting drafted, from his teammates and other connections at his school. Beyond surprise from 3 seperate player agents. In their opinion no other club was going anywhere near him. There’s no conspiracy here, he’s just not an AFL player and that’s fine.

Kane Cornes as next Carlton coach? He'd certainly install some effort into this playing group
Capture.PNG

At the time there was genuine surprise at him getting drafted, from his teammates and other connections at his school. Beyond surprise from 3 seperate player agents. In their opinion no other club was going anywhere near him. There’s no conspiracy here, he’s just not an AFL player and that’s fine.

How did Ben go in the VFL this year - did he rip it up ?

Or we have simply picked the wrong ones. Thats a very easy argument to make.
Yeah that may be the case with a few too, that happens at every club, atm I’m still of the opinion that Fish is and will become a very good player for us…

Then i think we may get a more accurate reading of their true potential under a new and more proficient coaching structure, no doubt many of our younger players still have a host of things too improve on and some have disappointed with how they so far have progressed for a number of reasons…

Glass half full still on a number of them but well aware of where some actually sit so far on what level they can and are producing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back