Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake Lever (1x AA) went for two top 10 picks and some pick swaps.
Bryce Gibbs went for two first rounders. (10,16)
An unproven Charlie Cameron went for pick 12.
Lachie Weller went for pick 2.
An injured Jaeger O'Meara went for Pick 10 + future 2nd.

I'd say Saad was/is more proven than all of these players at the time of trading. Probably bar Bryce Gibbs. O'Meara and Lever were both carrying serious injuries when they moved across too.
Were any of those players OOC? I remember Jaeger being OOC.

Time to boycott Kane Cornes, getting sick of his anti Carlton crap, yes he does it on purpose because we all bite, but enough is enough!!

If all Carlton followers actively switched off while he is on air fingers crossed we have enough to make the "numbers" drop enough for Crock Media to drop him or say dial it down as you are now costing us $$$

I know whenever I hear his voice I change the station....

LETS GET IT GOING!!!! #boycottkanecornes
View attachment 1001157

I know it seems likely we split pick 8 for two first round picks but if aren't picking up any other gun players in the trade period then we should just take it to the draft. Trade our future second to say Adelaide for pick 32 and offer 29 and 32, * can use them to move up the order as they like but we should hold out on splitting 8 as long as possible

People seem to have forgotten.

You mention his name, you keep him employed. If you do not like what he says, do not mention his name in posts on a public forum, do not link to his articles, do not listen to or watch the shows he's on. If you do not do this, you are complicit in keeping him around.

So, if you do not want to be complicit in keeping him around, it's pretty ****ing simple what you have to do.

Last edited:
No updates to the RUMOUR FILE since Thursday. This must be a record for this time of year.

Actually, I sense something, fewer rumours floating about, less leaky is the new ship Carlton?

Aside from perhaps fewer leaks, there's probably not all that much to rumour about.
Williams is already in a Navy polo. We know we'll do a deal for Saad. Oliver is unlikely. Would not be at all surprised if that's it for us this year.

There has been a lot of work done by Carlton, Saad and his management team to talk sense into the Saad deal. They’ve talked it down from 8 + (one of our under 22 year old first rounders) to working around us getting some change from Pick 8.
It’s at a tricky impasse at the moment. Daniher getting band 1 compo means any offer we make to split our pick 8 with Geelong or Brisbane can now be trumped by Essendon. The club is acutely aware of how negotiations went with Papley and Martin last year, and there is growing sentiment that when you convince a player to come, you need to make sure it happens smoothly, otherwise there are fears players and managers won’t want to work with us in the future.
As it stands the deal will have pick 8 going to the bombers with change yet to be agreed upon.

I still think we can trade with Geelong here.
Our #8 for their #15 and future 1st.

The #15 for Saad.
Geelong offer #8 and #20 maybe a player for Cameron and go to the draft with #13
May be a good outcome for all..

EDIT: TR about to drop something big...according to them. We'll see.

There has been a lot of work done by Carlton, Saad and his management team to talk sense into the Saad deal. They’ve talked it down from 8 + (one of our under 22 year old first rounders) to working around us getting some change from Pick 8.
It’s at a tricky impasse at the moment. Daniher getting band 1 compo means any offer we make to split our pick 8 with Geelong or Brisbane can now be trumped by Essendon. The club is acutely aware of how negotiations went with Papley and Martin last year, and there is growing sentiment that when you convince a player to come, you need to make sure it happens smoothly, otherwise there are fears players and managers won’t want to work with us in the future.
As it stands the deal will have pick 8 going to the bombers with change yet to be agreed upon.

future 2nd would be nice

Surely Essendon weren't realistically expecting pick 8 plus a player? It appears that circumstance outside our control has conspired against us with the unbelievably generous compensation that Essendon received for Daniher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't for the life of me understand why the club wouldn't just take him with pick 8 in the draft, and **** the Shitstains. He'll still get to us, so the club's reputation will still be intact, but at least you're not caving to stupid demands.

Getting a nothing pick back just to save face starts to look a bit spineless (which of course, has it's own future trading consequences).

Totally agree on the point about convincing players to join.

Surely before we even spoke to Saad we must have been prepared for this trade.

I’d be horrified if I was Saad and publicly announced I was leaving only to have club say ‘sorry mate. Can’t do the trade ‘.

Do they have a future second ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely Essendon weren't realistically expecting pick 8 plus a player? It appears that circumstance outside our control has conspired against us with the unbelievably generous compensation that Essendon received for Daniher.
The Daniher compensation was consistent with the contract he has received. This wasn’t a generous move by AFL house, but a generous decision made by Brisbane to find a way they could get Daniher without trading. Big risk taken by them.

Why? At the very most you trade up this years and next years 2nd rd pick for pick 18-22. Tell them to take it or leave it.

Pick him up with that pick in the draft.

We are not here to do Essendon any favours. Most footy fans, players and managers know he is worth a late first/early second so wont ruin our reputation.

You've just answered your own question and agreed with my point all in one.

Whether we trade up, swap picks, or even use pick 8 in the draft, they all involve using our Pick 8, which was my original statement that Pick 8 will be used in some way, shape or form in getting Saad.

The only way pick 8 isn't used will be if we walk him to the PSD.

I don't understand why people are so hard against pick 8 for Saad.. These are the picks 5 through 10 from 2010 to 2017 (too early to pass judgement on more recent drafts):

2010:
5. Jared Polec
6. Reece Conca
7. Josh Caddy
8. Dyson Heppell
9. Dion Prestia
10. Daniel Gorringe

2011:
5. Matt Buntine
6. Chad Wingard
7. Nick Haynes
8. Billy Longer
9. Adam Tomlinson
10. Liam Sumner

2012:
5. Jake Stringer
6. Jack Macrae
7. Ollie Wines
8. Sam Mayes
9. Nick Vlaustuin
10. Joe Daniher

2013:
5. Kade Kolodjashnij
6. Matthew Scharenberg
7. James Aish
8. Luke Mcdonald
9. Christian Salem
10. Nathan Freeman

2014:
5. Jordan De Goey
6. Caleb Marchbank
7. Paul Ahern
8. Peter Wright
9. Darcy Moore
10. Nakia Cockatoo

2015:
5. Darcy Parish
6. Aaron Francis
7. Jacob Hopper
8. Callum Ah Chee
9. Sam Weideman
10. Harry McKay

5. Will Setterfield
6. Sam Petrevski-Seton
7. Jack Scrimshaw
8. Griffin Logue
9. Will Brodie
10. Jack Bowes

2017:
5. Adam Cerra
6. Jaidyn Stephenson
7. Hunter Clark
8. Nick Coffield
9. Aaron Naughton
10. Lochie O'Brien

Now, of those players listed above - I would take the following above Saad:
9. Dion Prestia, 6. Jack Macrae, 9. Darcy Moore, 10. Harry McKay

And, rate the following as similar in ability/future ability:
8. Dyson Heppell, 7. Ollie Wines,7. Nick Haynes, 7. Jacob Hopper, 5. Adam Cerra, 9. Aaron Naughton

So, is pick 8 really that big of a price to pay for a consistent, dashing and daring half-back that has been on the fringe of AA selection the past 3-4 years? He's a jet. I assume we'd all happily trade Lachie O'Brien in a straight swap for Saad? Or, SPS?

I rate him, I assume we all rate him hence why we are so excited. So what if we lose pick 8. The draft outside the top 3 is a lottery in many respects.
All that is well and good, but rather misses the point.

If you're going to give up pick 8 (by giving it to the 'stains) then why not just ask him to nominate for the draft and then take him with that same pick 8? Why give them an extra top 10 pick?

Aside from perhaps fewer leaks, there's probably not all that much to rumour about.
Williams is already in a Navy polo. We know we'll do a deal for Saad. Oliver is unlikely. Would not be at all surprised if that's it for us this year.
You're probably right but how awesome would a decent trade in be on top of Williams and Saad. I'm kind of glad its gone quiet, even though I like a good rumour to ponder. I sense there is more discipline and "cabinet solidarity" around the club than previously. Another ready made inclusion makes finals and contending very real. Its been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back