Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully things go smoothly for us...
I’ve always held hope that Austin’s connection with the WBD could hopefully help us with gaining their first pick this year for some kind of pick swaps upgrade provided we had the collateral to do so...
Crows picks don’t enthuse me for us, as far as WBD go i think there’s a few clubs with more to offer them that are in front of us, Crows have some very handy picks i can see them going very strongly after the Dogs pick 14...
8 -> 18+19 (Brisbane)
18 -> Saad (*)
19+50 -> 15 (Dogs)
15 + 1st(2021) -> Oliver

Means we almost wipe out 2020 draft completely. Upgrade Gibbons and another to meet requirements.

Keep keep 2nd 3rd 4th in 2021.

Splitting our pick very much depends on whether we're intending on taking Saad through the PSD, doesn't it? If a trade is looking unlikely with * in any way, surely we hold off and just keep pick 8 to use in other negotiations (or trade on draft night).

So if we execute that pick split, it tells me that we've got something directly lined up (or multiples) for players in the next week.

No we should do it anyway - even if we were to choose two draftees with the picks.

This draft is going to be so random (with no exposed 2020 form) you're likely to get 2 top tenners with picks in the late teens.

The thing with the Crows picks would be that if there are any sliders from the first round that clubs fancy they might be willing to give us a better pick for next year to get there man, although without the break between days 1 & 2 this year it would limit options somewhat but still possible.
For sure they hold a good hand atm...
Also other Clubs with those early second round picks will no doubt be licking their lips with kids they also personally have ranked highly that have slid through too them, that sweet spot could provide some outstanding gets...

we would have to have a small fw lined up though ? there are no excuses.

Right now the way that I look at it, if someone like Martin is injured and then also by coincidence Gibbons, Fisher or Betts is, we won't have enough small/mid sized forwards to properly fill our forward line and assist our talls. Although it seems excessive, 6 small-mid forwards is what we should be looking at to cover for injuries or drops in form.

8 -> 18+19 (Brisbane)
18 -> Saad (*)
19+50 -> 15 (Dogs)
15 + 1st(2021) -> Oliver

Means we almost wipe out 2020 draft completely. Upgrade Gibbons and another to meet requirements.

Like it, as much as I’d love to get Oliver through the doors unfortunately can’t see it happening this year, not sure #15 and our future would satisfy them enough anyway...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if GWS keep a hard stance on Caldwell that Essendon might accept pick 18 if GWS accept it for Caldwell.

Apparently they are requesting a top 10 pick but that's really unlikely...pick 18 is still better than Essendon's future 2nd, especially since Essendon might not be that bad if they get Caldwell, Dunkley & Wright (at least not bottom 4). It also allows Essendon to keep their future 2nd to trade to Dogs, who would prefer future picks.

From Essendon's POV I think they could spin essentially trading Saad for Caldwell into a positive to their supporters.

Leave out the future second and we probably need to give them a future second rounder. But they'd still say no.

Don't envy having to potentially deal with * for Merrett next year.
He's a restricted free agent next year, dildoro knows this. He can have the above, or the alternative - NOTHING

He's a restricted free agent next year, dildoro knows this. He can have the above, or the alternative - NOTHING

"restricted" is the key word there. They can match our offer & force a trade ala GWS with Cameron. And knowing Dodo he will do everything in his power to force a trade.

8 -> 18+19 (Brisbane)
18 -> Saad (*)
19+50 -> 15 (Dogs)
15 + 1st(2021) -> Oliver

I prefer Merrett to Oliver not as a player but looking at team balance. Adding Oliver gives us too many bigger bodied inside mids, and I feel like we can only play with 3 in order to have some pace through the midfield. Cripps, Oliver, who is the 3rd? I personally want to play with Curnow and Setters, but I guess we could make a case for going the more experienced route and dropping Setterfield.

With Merrett, you could easily have him starting on ball with Cripps and Williams, then rotating through a wing to swap with Walsh. This allows both of them at all times to play at each others strengths. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

8 -> 18+19 (Brisbane)
18 -> Saad (*)
19+50 -> 15 (Dogs)
15 + 1st(2021) -> Oliver

Keep Gibbons, he is so underrated.
ELITE for - Kicks, inside 50s, effective kicks, metres gained, uncontested possessions, clearances and goal assists.
ABOVE AVERAGE - Disposals, rebound 50s, effective disposals, tackles, pressure acts, marks and score involvements.

Merrett fits us perfectly. But I’m not holding my breath on picking him up as a FA next year. I think we need a mid to come in this trade period. I have faith in the younger mid brigade that need to lift and develop into the players they can be. I hope we are continuing putting the feelers out for a new mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back