Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodo is the one with a heap of trades to complete and the uncontracted player that wants to leave.

The pressure is on him to get the deals done not us.

Austin should tell him he's having a weekend with the family so he can leave him a voice mail id he needs him and he will come back to him Monday afternoon.

Set the out of office email up Austin and go kick your feet up.

Let the dodo sweat.

We still need someone to kick goals up forward

We are not really lacking in that department really, from a tall and medium sized POV.
Having a couple of decent/crumbling small forwards would be nice, but not necessarily essential (we can push Newnes and Fisher into those roles when required)

Getting more inside grunt and tackling help for Cripps in the Guts is essential, as is trying to nail a small defensive/stopper type to negate some of the more dangerous smaller type offensive players in the league (which Richmond are full off)

If Charlie and Marchbank stay healthy for most of next season (fingers crossed), automatically that gives us at least 3-4 more wins than last season.

Harry is very keen to stay on with us as well, which makes me happy.

We are really not far off been a very, very good and strong team, just feel we need to improve and address areas in our starting 22 that may not be as glamorous as others (such as small defensive Units) but I feel are critical and essential.

Fix up Harry's hair pulling and teeth clenching goal conversion from straight shots and we are fine.

Essendon's reported effort to convince Saad to stay says plenty.

Firstly, that what they've been saying we're offering (Pick 8 for Saad and chump change) is not what we're offering.

Secondly, that Essendon are genuinely a bit concerned we may take him via the draft.

This is their way of trying to mitigate the chances of us walking him to the draft by sweeping their criticisms of him under the rug. "No, we don't actually think he's a poor team player, we really do want to keep him! So if you send him to the draft then we'll just pick him up ourselves!".

Desperation.

Delicious.

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for * and the more they sweat. The media intensity and narrative that we're the problem children only makes this more evident.

Part of me wants to hold out all period but I'd rather secure a pick split (surely other clubs are sick of their shit) and hold the line of 'pick 19 or bust' until the final day. Then let the pick sit there. Deal with others on any and all of our other currency.

I know Saad's cousin. He told me personally that Adam has always wanted to go to Carlton, he just wasn't sold on what they offered to him when we originally courted him. He wanted to go somewhere where he felt like he was truly desired.

Based on this, I am 100% confident that Adam is set on Carlton and Carlton only. Will walk to the PSD if he has to and won't be convinced by any other suitors (Especially Essendon!!) that try and snaffle him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for * and the more they sweat. The media intensity and narrative that we're the problem children only makes this more evident.

Part of me wants to hold out all period but I'd rather secure a pick split (surely other clubs are sick of their sh*t) and hold the line of 'pick 19 or bust' until the final day. Then let the pick sit there. Deal with others on any and all of our other currency.
Thats 100% the play.

Split the pick.

18 or 19 is fair for Saad.

Say thats our final offer dodo. You ler us know when you want to do the deal.

Eventually he will take it. He needs it to get other things done.

The time constraint pressure will get the better of him.

The sooner we split the pick the better.

Should have done it day 1.

SOS put under the pump from a caller....Come on. Who is it? :)
Well done sir.

EDIT: This caller is going full tilt. Well done....

Loved it very logical using SOS trading history against call to use pick 8 for Saad.

SOS does have a good point thats all the major currency we have at the moment!

2 Phones is off - Jed Anderson is in Darwin fishing so he can't be having coffee with Clarko...

As for Tom Browne, I don't want to put the swear filter into overdrive...

That would definitely crash the site :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back