Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps we could possible make a 3 way deal with GWS in that situation. Given that they'd be looking at a late first rounder for Caldwell, we could split pick 8 for two late firsts with one of the teams that have those picks (Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood).
Then we could do something like this:
Carlton - In: Saad, late first rounder Out: pick 8
GWS - In: Late first Out: Caldwell, Late pick
* - In: Caldwell, Late pick Out: Saad

If * refuse then GWS won't be giving up Caldwell for a 2nd rounder from *, knowing they could have done something like this. * will then be forced to pick Caldwell up in the PSD meaning they can't get Saad like they've been threatening to do and we take him for free
You make a lotta sense Chewbacca.

I’m interested in what’s going on with the Oliver situation. 10 days or so ago we had a bunch of our ITKs confirm Oliver wanted to come to us. Seemed like a resounding yes that he had requested that but would not say anything unless it could come to fruition.

Gone all quiet after that info filtered through. I still hope it’s true. Pies dealing a couple of theirs to other clubs or the Saad deal will break the deadlock/be the dominoes that allow things to happen i think. First 3-4 days is always slow.
I think it is fair to say that the Oliver fantasy has just about run its course. Predictable from the outset

Anderson may not be a fringe player at North, but is he really someone we should be going after? He had a huge standoff last contract to eek out every last dollar out of North and is doing the same this time around. Pickering knows their salary cap is flush with cash and is doing his best to help his client.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, their careers are short and they have the right to cash in while they can. But I don’t think he will be that cheap in a trade or in salary as I have seen a few suggest. To me he is just another guy who isn’t all that good anywhere but midfield. We have Williams to help our midfield and I just see someone like Anderson getting in the way of the development of one of our youngsters.
Agree with that. Price important.

Do we have Adam Saad yet?

Do we have Adam Saad yet?
Yep. Amazingly went through at 4.46 a.m. just as you were posting this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Saad is there is nothing stopping us from letting him go to the draft and us just taking him with pick 8.

IMO asking for a "sweatner" is warranted.

We can already get him with pick 8 and Essendon get nothing. You can have pick 8 but give us a little back.

Essendon need to realise Saad is gone. It's not about us finding a way to get him. It's now about them finding a way to get something for him. Pick 8 for example. They need to make it worth our while since we will just use it to draft him.

If Essendon think they have bargaining power here they are joking.

If they want pick 8 they need to give us a little more.

2nd rounder or swap of future first round picks. Let us split it and give them part of it. If they don't want to lose him for nothing they have to compromise and make it sweeter for us.

This is where you stand when you let players go OOC and they badly want to leave plus want to go to a club who has an early pick they can draft that player with.

Essendon truly are in shit position with the Saad trade. They hold no power. He's ours for pick 8 if we want IMO and they get nothing.

They need to make the deal attractive to us to get 8.

IMO ball is in our court and it's all about trying to get a bit more than just Saad out of this deal.

This is how it should be.

Listening to trade radio.
Carlton looking to trade 8 for 18+19 from Brisbane according to HS
The media are on crazy drugs..pick 18 not enough for an OOC player they burnt on the way out
Cornes saying maybe 18+our second is enough

Again, where are these drugs the media are lapping up? (probably brought over from *)

ESS threatening to walk Caldwell to the PSD after a placing a massive lure to want out of GWS. Sounds like the PSD is good enough return for one of their OOC players in A. Saad.

That would be a good outcome, can't have both Caldwell and Saad at the same PSD pick! Just hold out Austin until *'s Caldwell play is complete and then start to deal :D

Strange SOS is advocating a straight swap with pick 8 when we didn't succumb last year with Martin and let him walk into the PSD - how do the two differ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back