Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine watching CCurnow at GWS whilst having Tomlinson plodding around with us.......in the reserves.

Kemp has a lot more grunt about him, so it's not a fair comparison....Really looking forward to Kemp...and CCurnow...oh...and Williams and Saad...and....
im spending way too much time thinking about what Kemp will become. What do we have here? a bont? some strange Peter Dean / Wayne Johnston hybrid? we have no exposed form - just excitement, and it does impact on the way you think about the trade period, much more than the crowd who have underwhelmed thus far - Dow, LOB, Stocker, Cunningham, BamBam

Hope folks are not seriously counting on Oliver joining us.
did you see richmonds season on 2016. They werent even a “wink”! This club is ready to go, it just needs the cream to come in.
There’s arguments for both sides here, let’s just agree to disagree. I’m Italian, we don’t stop 😂

The game in which we got thumped by the Crows this season proved to me that we are miles off the pace (from being close to flag contenders)

Also Richmond in 2016 is not an apt comparison, they played finals in 2013, 14 and 15.

At this stage, I don't realistically think we should be considered locks to play finals either in 2021.

We need to be more measured and conservative as to where our list is at going into 2021.

did you see richmonds season on 2016. They werent even a “wink”! This club is ready to go, it just needs the cream to come in.
There’s arguments for both sides here, let’s just agree to disagree. I’m Italian, we don’t stop 😂

You talk about going in and getting it done and mentioning 3 players richmond recruited that cost pick 46, Pick 24 with a later upgrade that valued it at 28 & Pick 6 with 24 coming back for a bonafided Midfielder.

Any you want us to straight up trade pick 8 for a HBF, that would be more then Richmond gave up through their entire list build and he is only half the player of Prestia.

Beginning to think you ain't really a Carlton supporter.

Hope folks are not seriously counting on Oliver joining us.

The game in which we got thumped by the Crows this season proved to me that we are miles off the pace (from being close to flag contenders)

Also Richmond in 2016 is not an apt comparison, they played finals in 2013, 14 and 15.

At this stage, I don't realistically think we should be considered locks to play finals either in 2021.

We need to be more measured and conservative as to where our list is at going into 2021.
and its why I hate the idea of trading our future first - i get backing oureslves in, but its terrifying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and its why I hate the idea of trading our future first - i get backing oureslves in, but its terrifying

I would do it for Oliver, but only him. Certainly not Saad.

I am not sure if any club so far that has traded away a future first round pick has come ahead in any of the deals so far with future pick trading.

You talk about going in and getting it done and mentioning 3 players richmond recruited that cost pick 46, Pick 24 with a later upgrade that valued it at 28 & Pick 6 with 24 coming back for a bonafided Midfielder.

Any you want us to straight up trade pick 8 for a HBF, that would be more then Richmond gave up through their entire list build and he is only half the player of Prestia.

Beginning to think you ain't really a Carlton supporter.
And what have we given up for our list build?
We have drafted everything. Are you forgetting kemp still needs to come in? He essentially is this years first rounder for us! You clearly don’t rate what saad will bring to this team.

starting to think you have zero idea

These "experts" on Trade Radio keep saying we only have pick 8 available to use for Saad YET in the same breath say that Essendon should take that Pick 8 and trade it to Brisbane for picks 18 & 19.

Dodoro Cheer Squad.

Stefan Martin seems happy..

Always mix him up with Will Minson.

Anyhoo, he’s now qualified for the More Clubs than Greg Norman ......club.

Which is exactly why it's incumbent on Essendon to bend and not the other way around.

I don't get the media mentality pushing the club acquiring the player pay overs when he is OoC. Saad is not going to return to Essendon. By the same token, Essendon don't have an appropriate pick to send back with Saad, so why aren't they the one's being lumped with doing unders? If he was contracted or open to staying, we should offer the overs but he isn't and won't.

I can't recall the media doing this ever in the past, it is usually the other way around. "Well, unfortunately 'player x' is OoC and 'team a' just needs to get as close to the best deal as they can, but the reality is they will lose 'player x'. Might as well get something semi-reasonable". This year the script has been flipped, it is all about us paying big overs and I cannot work out why. It actually feels like a media agenda...
The old media agenda......that's the third time this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back