Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. People saying we overpaid for Williams on $900k need to realise the figure is not true and being elevated by the media. Even if it was, it would be the first year on a front-ended contract.

2. People saying we overpaid for Saad with Pick 8 are the same people saying to get the deal done early or to stop wasting time. You do realise that although they are late picks coming back, we are getting Saad for roughly pick 13 - 14 (even before it gets pushed back due to father-sons and academy kids).

3. We saved our future 1st and 2nd round picks which will be very valuable in getting a big fish midfielder to come next year.

4. Fogarty is a bit of a meh player with lots of potential, but no consistency due to having so many injuries. I am not going to judge just yet, but we did get him really cheap for around pick 40. He could possibly play as a small forward if we have injuries, but it looks like he'll be primarily a mid. I doubt he'll get much time on ball with the depth we are building, but he'll rotate probably through there and a wing maybe with Walsh or Murphy (he did play quite a bit of time on the wing this year). I don't see him in our best 22 just yet.

5. I would've liked to get a small forward, but it looks like we're saying our cap space for someone like Merrett next year when he becomes a free agent.

6. Tom Browne is the one reporting about possibly a trade surrounding LOB. It is Tom Browne don't forget, but I do see why something like this would happen. Newnes, SPS, Willo, Murphy, Walsh, Fogarty and Cottrell are all ahead of him for that spot right now so I wouldn't be surpassed if he leaves for more opportunity. (Frees up cap space for that big fish)

Overall a really good trade period, and we still have just over 24 hours to go. It's an 4.5/5 star rating for me so far as we got 2 really good quality players.

We have just had a hand in smashing Dodoro's list into oblivion. Granted * do most of the hard lifting themselves lol, but they have spent 4 years and all their draft assets on building a list to compete NOW. To break that 17 year drought.

And they have now lost Daniher, Saad and Fantasia, all 26yo's. They are shot. And we've now played a part in it by pinching one of their Top 3 players in his prime.

Be happy. we got better and they're 17yr drought almost certainly goes to at least 20 lol.

McKenna

We're already there, and would have played finals this year but for the coaching panel's refusal to utilise the array of small mods we have playing at half forward. Fog is a good pick up nonetheless, a real Richmond-style player.
He’s what I hope Polson might be if/when the latter vastly improves his disposal and poise. Otherwise, tenacity, pace, and size is similar.

Definitely a spot available for him to grab by the horns then.

Funny you say that - I think our team will be arguably harder to break into next year than Geelong. I think we have a lot better depth and their plethora of old blokes will be falling off the perch next year.

Fogarty will be in a direct fight with 15+ players for the same few spots. The Cats don't have that.

Cooney painting a pretty ordinary picture for Charlie. Fingers crossed he doesn’t have much cartridge damage otherwise it’s sounding like he may well never get back to what he looked like being. Yes things can always be different, but Cooney saying 5% faith that he can get back to somewhere near his best is concerning
From what I understand Cooney had a lot of damage to the underside of his patella which led to the bone chips etc in his knee, I don’t think that Charlie has that sort of damage underneath rather a crack through the middle of his patella, I could be wrong but I hope I’m not.

It has screwed the Blue Abroad boys who are doing a 3 hour show tomorrow afternoon in anticipation of our deals going to the wire. Doh😂

Think the lads are just doing their own version of deadline day. Wasn't specifically Carlton related. I dare say they'll enjoying putting their feet up as part of the broadcast for once! :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not happy with Saad?
Delighted. I whinged all year about our lack of pace across the half back line. If you could give me ONE player in the comp to fill the void it was Saad. I think the backline looks immense now. Weiters and Jones take the bigs. I really want Marchy or Macreadie to take third tall so Plow can play his best spot (lock down on mid sized/smaller players). Saad and Doc are a lethal combo coming out of the backline.

Now tomorrow we can focus on trading our 2021 first for Clayton Oliver. I know it's unders but it's all we've got so they have to do the deal. Trade Radio should be a frenzy with support for that proposition. :p
Haha if only. Any tidbits you can give us for what else we could be doing or we done? (FWIW i am extremely happy with the trades)

I'd be having a chat to him. Said he'd be open for a return.
I used to have him on snapchat, he once snapped me a picture of him flipping off the camera with the caption "**** Carlton"

hopefully he has changed his tone, met his best mates in a hostel in Liverpool a couple years back, maybe I can swing them a message? :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back