Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a longer reply ready but on second thoughts if you still have to ask this type of question in 2021 then it's pointless me saying anything, you won't get it because you clearly don't want to.
You couldn’t have been further off the mark. Disappointing

Exactly. Teague needs clarity. The latest rumour suggests the whole footy department are able to give a speech to save their jobs. If this is true AND we have approached potential coaches, this doesn't look very good on us.
The club has clearly stated many times it has not approached any other coaches yet. Whatever the media have spun is a load of shi*

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh, I agree. I want McKay to be as good as he can be. Not be as good as X player.

But surely consistent effort is non-negotiable (for every player, not just Harry).
See, that's the thing a bit with footy fans. We like to compare, and part of the issues of modern AFL is that we're more likely to be aware of our opposition players now than we were in the past. Couple that with the fact that we are all (at least, some of us) are at more of an increased distance from the players than we once were, we cannot form the attachments we used to with the whole list or the ones. So, you've got a familiarity with players from other clubs forming a weird kind of buyer's remorse and a genuine distance between yourself and the playing group, leading to the grass being always greener, your players being always shitter and people being more unhappy.

Call it my cut price psychoanalysing (I do that a lot) but if you want a textbook case of this, check out the criticism of Marc Murphy; not this year, but most years since 2012. People wishing he played like Joel Selwood or Luke Hodge, who couldn't see the forest for the trees; is it his fault he's not those players, or is it the club's fault for failing to draft better players so he wouldn't have to play inside?

I like Harry's contribution, but for now I don't know. I suppose I'd rather just celebrate his achievement for a little bit before wishing he was better for a while, hand onto that last skerrick of what we used to be like before letting it go, putting on my suit and tie, and ignominiously demanding more from all of the players who play for my club.

We have to keep the stakeholders content that their money is being well spent, after all.

You know this how.

Young anglo players entering the comp aren't the height of racism. It's all the external factors that indigenous players have to deal with each and every day which is.

You can't just throw it all into one basket.

I'm not impatient and your post is insulting.

Teague has to be told his future either way, for his own good. Did they need lawyers negotiating for the last 4 coaches we basically sacked the day before we announced it?

My concern is that they don't leave Teague hanging, and they don't pretend they still don't know what the plan is.

I'm sure Teague will have been told. It will be finalising any terms.

Could you please direct me to the public offerings you think constitute an unsafe workplace or would provide the basis for an unfair dismissal lawsuit?
Teague in a press conference two weeks ago: "To perform at your best you need a psychologically-safe environment, and right now for us that’s a challenge for us with everything going on."
Pickering: "I just think it’s disgusting…he’s had to defend himself which is even more staggering. I think it’s pathetic.”

I don't get the whole idea that Hawkins contributes so much more in other ways that it offsets the goal difference. He is not a Pavlich / Reiwoldt who went up the ground and averaged 18+ possessions and approx 8-10 marks. Hawkins averages 13 touches a game this year and 5 marks, barely more then Harry. Yes he has a couple of extra goal assists but Harry has kicked more goals, despite playing 4 less games.

Well - lucky he won it this year - because next year with Charlie , Honey, Durdin, Owies, Silvagni, Martin going ballistic up forward with Kemp and Cripps resting - its going to be a tough gig even touching the pill.

They might have to start some sort of roster.

FIRED UP FOR 2022 !

Gunna be HUUUUUUGE.

Young anglo players entering the comp aren't the height of racism. It's all the external factors that indigenous players have to deal with each and every day which is.

You can't just throw it all into one basket.
Didn’t think of it like that. Thank you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teague in a press conference two weeks ago: "To perform at your best you need a psychologically-safe environment, and right now for us that’s a challenge for us with everything going on."
Pickering: "I just think it’s disgusting…he’s had to defend himself which is even more staggering. I think it’s pathetic.”

Yeah, no.

Sounds like he still isn't mentally strong enough for the senior gig. High performance environments involve high amounts of stress. Lucky he's not in a industry where the job can be life or death decision making.

Exactly. Teague needs clarity. The latest rumour suggests the whole footy department are able to give a speech to save their jobs. If this is true AND we have approached potential coaches, this doesn't look very good on us.

They will be told the findings, which won’t be to supportive.

So giving them an opportunity is a respectful thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So Teague, Walsh, Sayers etc. all at the club and we've sent an email around saying we're not making a decision today
I thought the review was already presented to the board for them to make their decisions?

What is going on down there?
From what I read in Sayers letter it sounds like the reviewers and Board are going through the review findings with the Football Department (Teague, Lloyd, Austin et al), perhaps giving them a chance to respond to adverse findings etc.
My take on it all is they are following a proper process which is great, so the media bagging us just shows how pathetic they are getting upset we've chosen to follow our own process rather than have everything done in time to suit the Monday night footy news cycle.

They will be told the findings, which won’t be to supportive.

So giving them an opportunity is a respectful thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yup.

Surprised how people cant see this. The die may already be cast, but at least Teague, and others presumably, are being given the opportunity to respond.

The club has clearly stated many times it has not approached any other coaches yet. Whatever the media have spun is a load of shi*

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Teague is gone, you know that's a technicality. Someone somewhere is having proxy chats.

I'm not suggesting that it is legitimate, just something that might be part of getting some extra $$ on the way out.

It's been reported today there is a 6 month pay out clause in his contract. There's no $ to negotiate.

He'll be paid out until Feb 22 which will mean little effect on the soft cap for 2022 if true.

I was going to do a breakdown of why what you've provided me to demonstrate unfair dismissal does not meet the legal prerequisites, but I don't really have the time or the emotional wherewithall. What I'm going to do instead is put this here:

... and to inform you that unless David Teague is being paid less than $158500 per season, he is unable to sue for unfair dismissal.

If Teague is gone, you know that's a technicality. Someone somewhere is having proxy chats.

Everyone knows there will have been discussion with Clarko and Lyon's management. Not them directly. No offer will have been made. We likely have sounded out their expectations.

Hell, most player manager's probably have chats with 5 clubs every off season to see if there's a lucrative transfer to be had. No doubt Cripps management spoke with many clubs before signing for 6 years and saying "was never going anywhere".

It's not the same as doing a Tom Harley and secretly meeting a player, then lying about it.

Speech to save jobs isn't quite correct. They are allowed to give their thoughts/opinions/fixes on the review findings. Even after these the board can still turn around and say thanks but no thanks.

The review is focusing on the whole footy department. Some staff that remain post review could likely have some small short findings called out in the review but a proper development plan/self awareness can help fix.

What I mean is, if a coach denies a player account or has some footy speak for why something was done, who is at that meeting to debate the point? If it is a good point, and he has answers, is he then safe?

If he was gone anyway, why make him go through that? Anybody asked to speak has to be safe for the time being, or they're being disrespected. It can only be the non-acceptance of their response that sees them gone.

I'm not suggesting that it is legitimate, just something that might be part of getting some extra $$ on the way out.
If he's unable to claim unfair dismissal due to earning above the high income threshold, then it's not part of anything that would allow for someone to try and extort/negotiate an exit package from Carlton.

Where his legal options lie are in contract severance, and that would be what's being negotiated now; whether he wants to fight us for all of it, or if we can negotiate him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back