Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I just think Ross last successful season was 2015.

That hardly makes him a premium coach.

For the record he coached until 2019. That's 4 mediocre seasons.

Evidence says Ross is past it. Maybe he isn't, but surely he needs to interview

By that logic Clarko is also past it...

Lists peak for a few years and then can plummet quickly - generally speaking.

In 2019 they were going ok before falling away in the second half of the season. Young teams have a tendency to do that.

not suggesting for a moment that Scott is the one that leaked it...

Well TLA would likely manage potential coaching candidates

Where as Ross Lyon manages himself.

TLA would monetarily benefit should Carlton prefer one of their clients

Hmmmm.

Nah. I just think Ross last successful season was 2015.

That hardly makes him a premium coach.

For the record he coached until 2019. That's 4 mediocre seasons.

Evidence says Ross is past it. Maybe he isn't, but surely he needs to interview

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He never had a succesful season...couple of almosts with teams that were good enough...says it all I think.

What the actual eff is going on??

Are we losing the plot at Carlton?

Maybe shouldn’t have sacked Teague…
Clearly the Board thought Clarkson was gettable and Ross was the backup plan.

I do wonder if they would have sacked Teague if neither was available.

By that logic Clarko is also past it...

Lists peak for a few years and then can plummet quickly - generally speaking.

In 2019 they were going ok before falling away in the second half of the season. Young teams have a tendency to do that.
Tbh i am not sure Clarkson isn't past it either.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very surprised Lyon has supposedly pulled out of the coaching race, it’s been quite clear that, he was very keen for the job, his actions the last few weeks have shown this, he was on TV just last night and he seems keen.

I don’t see why, the need to go through a process would put someone like Lyon off the senior gig, Lyon isn’t young and his opportunities to get another coaching job arent exactly high, you might get 1-2 vacancies a year, with most going for new blood.

Something is a little fishy, the only reason why I think Lyon would pull out, is he thinks he won’t get it, which surprises me, as the only person more qualified is Clarkson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do wonder if they would have sacked Teague if neither was available.
I doubt it. They would have put better people around him and likely sacked him a year from now, then got Clarko.

Unless there is something we are missing here - Clarkson has changed his mind for example - it looks like our strategy has come unstuck.

Well TLA would likely manage potential coaching candidates

Where as Ross Lyon manages himself.

TLA would monetarily benefit should Carlton prefer one of their clients

Hmmmm.

So now it's TLA who have jeopardized the process because we aren't using one of their clients?

Just on Lyon pulling out of the race for the coaching role.

For weeks he has hypothetically or actually stated an interest in the role.

Whether he was second in line or even promised the position it would have come with some caveats. Everything comes with caveats of sorts.

Were talking about a about a $500,000 plus role in the biggest sport in Australia.

Surely even if Carlton changed the recruitment process, for the motivated candidate this wouldnt be the deterrent to pull out. And who knows whether with his experience he would have bypassed some of the recruitment processes.

If that’s the reason he pulled out, then you’d have to question whether he’s the right candidate for the position.

Theres more to this from RTB’s and Carlton’s perspective.

Really fascinated to find out the whys and the end result (could it be Clarko or Pyke etc).

Eventually all this will blow over (just like Essendon saga last year or some other club issues every year) but hopefully from all of this we land a coach for the long term good of Carlton and not just their own ego.
Good point well made. Sounding like he jumped rather than be pushed...?

If Ross doesn't want to go through the selection process like every other club has their to be coaches go through, than that's on him

It's on our club if we've made solid overtures to him, only to backflip due to political pressures and either rule him out or make him jump through hoops to prove that he's 'on the right side of history now' or other such things. Caro reported he was Sayers strong preference. What's happened in the last 24 hours/week after Ross basically pitched himself as keen and willing?

Of course it's all just speculation at this point, nobody really has any facts. I will say that him pulling out doesn't fill me with great confidence that what in going on at the high level of our club and the direction we want to take is going very well. I had high hopes for Sayers and still somewhat do, but this feels very much like the Carlton FC that has been operating poorly for some number of years now...

Continued here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back