Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alistair Clarkson is definitely very interested apparently.

(for the first time I really believe he will actually coach Carlton in 2022 and onwards)

I just can’t cop this….he used his final
Press conference to (jointly with Hardwick) lament the fact Carlton wasn’t prepared to stick fat with the Coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Weiters and Williamson are managed by Pickering. Love to know their thoughts right now.

LOL and Daniel Talia. No chance we sign him now.

FMD, if that were actually a genuine consideration by the Club in determining whether to sign Talia, it would be an embarrassment for us.

FMD, if that were actually a genuine consideration by the Club in determining whether to sign Talia, it would be an embarrassment for us.

I'm not talking from our end. Pickering may well tell his client to avoid us or make negotiations unnecessarily difficult.

What is the reasoning for Pickering saying this ? Seems a strange thing to say.

Where did he say it? In the rag or on tv?

I just can’t cop this….he used his final
Press conference to (jointly with Hardwick) lament the fact club like Carlton wasn’t prepared to stick fat with the Coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn’t launching a political career, I guess. That might be a shorter tilt than Mal Meninga’s effort, if he was to.

So many people here stand at the gates of the Club, sword in hand, ready to strike at anyone who says negative things about the Club. It's kind of ridiculous and pathetic and immature, especially when you think about where we've been the last 20 odd years.

The fact that Pickering has said this is intriguing to me... perhaps Cripps is the issue.. Who knows?

In terms of talking about Cripps the player, he's on the money... So can't argue with that... The motivation behind the statement is intriguing. I wouldn't be so quick to attack Pickering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think SOS only had one really great draft- his first one, with Weiters, Harry, Charlie, SOS and cunners. It seems sos is a great judge of KPP's , Mids- not so much.
His selections of
sps at 6
dow and LOB at 3 and 10
Have been average.

Sure Walsh was a great selection, but pretty much selected himself.

Re Austin, I think the Durdin and Carrol at 37 and 41 are quite good. Reportedly both have shown early glimpses, and that is far from a given at early 3 rd round picks;
Dow and Lob starting to show something. Give you SPS - show me an LM who nails everything. Yeah, happy with Durdin - not everything's black and white.

Walsh picks himself - that's the same as people saying a line coach has no influence. He still needed to take the guy.

I'm not blinkered - where Sos did not do so well was the FA market, possibly due to how bad we were, and how hard it was to attract good players. He also had a bit of trouble nailing late picks. But a lot of this was due to how far back we were coming from.

But don't forget his Stocker pick was out of this world good!

I think he needed to be given a run at it for a longer period - he was making a long term contender. Not for the 8, for flags. Not easy.

So many people here stand at the gates of the Club, sword in hand, ready to strike at anyone who says negative things about the Club. It's kind of ridiculous when you think about where we've been the last 20 odd years.

The fact that Pickering has said this is intriguing to me... perhaps Cripps is an issue.. Who knows?

Would appear as though he thinks he’s the king maker.

He’s been a average for two seasons.

Is he wrong though? His motives might be hidden, but he's speaking the truth.

Chris Judd was the same. The main inside guys who work themselves into the ground generally get to handover defensively. Problem is we have too many of them.

In fairness, Pickering's comments on Cripps are pretty spot on. Still an odd thing to say. Feels like there's a fair bit of bad blood there.

That's the only positive I take from this, all but certain now Teague is gone lol. Thank ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting comments by Pickering. Wondering what the intention is in saying it. It’s not going to help in keeping Teague his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back