Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie Smith wants out of Brisbane. Anyone keen? Personally I wouldn't be. But it's ruck support

Honestly don’t understand the Chris Scott hate. If it wasn’t for Dustin Martin he’d probably have won two of the last three flags.
I agree you and his record over a long time suggests he is an excellent coach. My only reservation is whether his game plan of high possession, high control style is ideally to the players we have on our list.

No - just strange - when Fitzroy went to Football Heaven I had a choice of following any team in the AFL. I chose Carlton. I may have bought the old Roy Boy curse with me.
you'll cop genius and like it.........

I'm hoping they are the fish finger entree's before the surf & turf main meal turns up.
people at the lebanese filling up on the dips.............I keep telling them but no, every ****ing time.............

Where’s the JSOS news?

I don't know, I'll be doing cartwheels by the river once it happens though.

Really endeared me as a player this season, not just because of the loss of his Nonno.

His courage, constant gut running and tireless efforts in improving and trying to be the best possible player he can be is something i find really stirring as a supporter.. you can tell he has Silvagni blood running through his veins 💙💙💙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know ruckman take longer to develop and all that, but I have seen very, very little to indicate he'll be even a sub-par AFL player. Pass.
Yeah I'd be a hard pass too. He's not even young anymore at 26 and done and shown nothing. Think he probably would have been delisted anyway.

I don't know, I'll be doing cartwheels by the river once it happens though.

Really endeared me as a player this season, not just because of the loss of his Nonno.

His courage, constant gut running and tireless efforts in improving and trying to be the best possible player he can be is something i find really stirring as a supporter.. you can tell he has Silvagni blood running through his veins 💙💙💙

I have thought for a couple of years that JSOS is potentially a good replacement for Ed at some stage. I know it would depend on the midfield makeup speed-wise etc but watching him in the ruck, his 2nd & 3rd efforts and physicality once the ball came to ground were really good.

Yesterday we learnt Hampson is returning
Today we learnt jsos will be signing a new contract and ECurnow has signed on

So far each day this week the news is getting bigger and bigger so by Friday we should have some massive news :D
Eagles and Carlton comes to a heads of agreement to trade Mitch McGovern for Jarred Brander on that day. Bring it on...

Where’s the JSOS news?
Sam Edmunds reported he is signing for two years - it's a good news report so we can take it as fact (as per the rules on this board - if it was bad news then it's fake news and he is a terrible reporter )

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Archie Smith wants out of Brisbane. Anyone keen? Personally I wouldn't be. But it's ruck support
Does not fit our needs in terms of his age and development.
We got 3 rucks that are young. What we need is someone that only there to be back up and take load off these young guys for a year or two and willing to accept that is their role to us. Archie Smith does not fit that one bit.
We need someone that 28 and older and got mature body and experience.
A Vardy or someone of that age group what we could do with. Just a year or two on list. Bit like what Mummy did for Giants this season whilst Flynn still learning to be able to ruck all season , mostly on his own which not ready for yet. Same with our guys like TDK and Pittonet. They not ready for go 95% of game time rucking against guys 28 to 32 years old.

Way to shoot someone down who shared what myself and many others thought was a great story.

And you don't 'just become a school teacher'. It's a career that takes passion, dedication and is far from easy. I've seen first hand that those who have the attitude of just trying it out are found out pretty quickly, most at uni, especially after seeing what it's actually like during placement in schools.
Cool story. How did I shoot them down? What did I say that was incorrect?

Parking gives advice and it's a great story, I do the same thing and I'm shooting someone down

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Does not fit our needs in terms of his age and development.
We got 3 rucks that are young. What we need is someone that only there to be back up and take load off these young guys for a year or two and willing to accept that is their role to us. Archie Smith does not fit that one bit.
We need someone that 28 and older and got mature body and experience.
A Vardy or someone of that age group what we could do with. Just a year or two on list. Bit like what Mummy did for Giants this season whilst Flynn still learning to be able to ruck all season , mostly on his own which not ready for yet. Same with our guys like TDK and Pittonet. They not ready for go 95% of game time rucking against guys 28 to 32 years old.
Don't want him but just for the record he's not young. Will be 27 at the start of next season.

I'd like to announce that I am in fact the newest ITK. I *know* who the next CEO is, and the next coach. I've been sworn to secrecy but once it's public knowledge I promise to tell you if I was right or not. (I was!). Then you may all bow at my feet for ever. Okay?

Join the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back