Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool story. How did I shoot them down? What did I say that was incorrect?

Parking gives advice and it's a great story, I do the same thing and I'm shooting someone down

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Give it a rest champ. You've insulted an entire profession and embarrassed yourself enough.

Ed curnow signed 1 year contract extension, still has plenty to offer.
I think in the future the forward role he played against the giants in the last round would be best suited to him and for our team moving forward
Runs hard , creates , pressures can roll up and get back quick, lockdown and hit the scoreboard would love to see him in that position next year.

I think in the future the forward role he played against the giants in the last round would be best suited to him and for our team moving forward
Runs hard , creates , pressures can roll up and get back quick, lockdown and hit the scoreboard would love to see him in that position next year.

I hope he’s spending most of the year in the VFL educating the next wave. I say this with full respect for a fantastic career, but the younger group needs to take ownership.

Hopefully this means with Ed staying on and Hewett looking like that Newnes is out the door.

Don't want him but just for the record he's not young. Will be 27 at the start of next season.
He is not experienced either, not at elite level. He would be chewed up and spat out if we tried to use him against guys like Gawn, Goldy, Hickey, Grundy, Lycett, Nick Nat etc etc.
Easy pass...

Last edited:
I hope he’s spending most of the year in the VFL educating the next wave. I say this with full respect for a fantastic career, but the younger group needs to take ownership.
I love Ed, but he butchers the ball and turns it over, which is fatal. I think to progress we probably need to have someone pushing him out. Great servant though and work horse. Great example of what hard work achieves.

I agree you and his record over a long time suggests he is an excellent coach. My only reservation is whether his game plan of high possession, high control style is ideally to the players we have on our list.
No, not many on our list have high grade disposal skills.

9 games in seniors and 13 in magoos as captain would be a good result.
The 9 games in seniors in times of a few injuries.

I agree you and his record over a long time suggests he is an excellent coach. My only reservation is whether his game plan of high possession, high control style is ideally to the players we have on our list.

The Blues for the first 3 years of rebuild were trading away established players for extra picks in the early rounds. Bolton had to expose many youngsters whilst trying to be competitive. Where we should have been a little more competitive in the past 2 years and reap some rewards and with the addition of a few established players, we copped a heap of injuries. However, we should have had any of 30 players able to front up and be more consistent. The review is now history.

Meanwhile the Cats in the past 5 years were doing the opposite. Topping up with ready made players. Not saying Scott is not a good coach, but he has had the cattle to have a good record. And for the record, not a fan of his game style but it is suited a slow team so he is probably adaptable.

IMO still think Lyon would be a great choice given where he took his teams and the cattle he had compared to the top teams at the time. It's why I think Clarko must be right in the picture.

But when you hear via media that members of our sub-committee are doing the ring around, it has me concerned.

The Blues for the first 3 years of rebuild were trading away established players for extra picks in the early rounds. Bolton had to expose many youngsters whilst trying to be competitive. Where we should have been a little more competitive in the past 2 years and reap some rewards and with the addition of a few established players, we copped a heap of injuries. However, we should have had any of 30 players able to front up and be more consistent. The review is now history.

Meanwhile the Cats in the past 5 years were doing the opposite. Topping up with ready made players. Not saying Scott is not a good coach, but he has had the cattle to have a good record. And for the record, not a fan of his game style but it is suited a slow team so he is probably adaptable.

IMO still think Lyon would be a great choice given where he took his teams and the cattle he had compared to the top teams at the time. It's why I think Clarko must be right in the picture.

But when you hear via media that members of our sub-committee are doing the ring around, it has me concerned.

Don't listen to the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Edmunds reported he is signing for two years - it's a good news report so we can take it as fact (as per the rules on this board - if it was bad news then it's fake news and he is a terrible reporter )

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Naturally.
But...no posts from Barrass or Shmurf saying it's true.
No weird pictographs from EP. No decrees from fortythree...
I'm going with old adage no news is...

I'd like to announce that I am in fact the newest ITK. I *know* who the next CEO is, and the next coach. I've been sworn to secrecy but once it's public knowledge I promise to tell you if I was right or not. (I was!). Then you may all bow at my feet for ever. Okay?
You are my very favourite ITK Esoteric.
Understated.

More like since Liddle departed.
Whatever regularly leaks have come , are not just from one source within the club. Almost certainly from board level imo and passed on second hand to others from someone on board that just got loose lips. Would not surprise me one or two from board that no longer staying on it were a reason leaking was so common.
But every club does have leaks, make no mistake about it. Board members cannot help themselves but talk too much. Been going on for generations.

I just got a spam email. That wouldn't usually be post-worthy, but the sender was....

1631601274858.png
First the vid from Diesel last night, now an email from Carlton Williams himself!!!

It's a sign*

*That I am losing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back