Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Carlton publicly say they'd work with the requested club and player management to facilitate the trade in those instances?
I don’t recall that level of detail. I am left with overall impression that player has requested a trade, club isn’t disappointed, club will now go back and make it happen, ckub won’t be making further public commentary.

Voss had also said that he had not had any further contact with the club.
And all of a sudden he is the fav for the job.

My take, unfortunately for Sayers, something has leaked that Voss is the panel's top recommendation.

Cook will take it from here, talk with candidates himself, with or perhaps without the panel, and form his own opinion as well before presenting to the board. Was heavily involved in both Bomber and C. Scott's appointments at Geelong.

Getting to halls creek though isn't just about distance.

Flying to halls creek from Victoria probably requires you to fly to Perth. and then through a few smaller regional airports in WA. whereas if you're in Perth you're already half way there.

Fly to Perth. Fly Perth to Kununurra. Drive Kununurra to Halls Creek. There are 3 flights per week on a prop jet that do the Kunu to HC flight though ...

My take, unfortunately for Sayers, something has leaked that Voss is the panel's top recommendation.

Cook will take it from here, talk with candidates himself, with or perhaps without the panel, and form his own opinion as well before presenting to the board. Was heavily involved in both Bomber and C. Scott's appointments at Geelong.
might have come out of the voss camp, add a bit of media speculation....

Fly to Perth. Fly Perth to Kununurra. Drive Kununurra to Halls Creek. There are 3 flights per week on a prop jet that do the Kunu to HC flight though ...
Yeah. So a lot easier if you're already in Perth vs if you're in Melbourne.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Or it is just more assumptions, educated ones but still assumptions. Find it very hard to believe that the panel has a top recommendation when interviews are still happening. Chanel 7 in SA went with Kingsley being told he was not successful, which would seem is inaccurate.

Sam McClure and Caro haven't come out with Voss and they are the ones that would/have get the good intel.

Last edited:

Agree with this take, Zeg.

Much as I'm on board with Voss, I think - once again - the media are reading from a redacted file when reporting on our new head coach.

Rather than him being our choice to appoint, Voss is simply the result of our recommended panel choice. Cook may disagree and - in my mind - could overrule. OR he may still want to speak to/hear from a few others (like Lyon or Yze).

The odds are it is Voss, but I don't think the call has been 100% made yet.

Last edited:
Why do people make up blatant lies just to feel important?

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Calling someone a liar on social media is interesting.

I take it you don’t like posters posting information they’ve received. Do you think there’s a difference between lying and someone providing information that they’ve received which they believe is correct?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Serious question, does anyone know how this gets judged?
I don't think anyone has answered this?

My understanding is the players all vote on it. Someone recently told a story of how the Sydney players all colluded to get Rhys Shaw over the line as a bit of in joke.

Given the fate of all our other assistants, it is hardly surprising that Power would get the majority of the Carlton votes. If you have multiple good assistants it is harder for one to stand out.

Well done by him, but circumstances were clearly favourable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has anyone in Melb just experienced earthquake-like vibrations ?

Pretty much of all Victoria.

I think Clarko gave Cook a call and someone overheard.

Calling someone a liar on social media is interesting.

I take it you don’t like posters posting information they’ve received. Do you think there’s a difference between lying and someone providing information that they’ve received which they believe is correct?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't get me wrong, I respect some who poat what they hear but to say someone is put if the running when their interview is tomorrow then they really need to think twice about that source they're using. A LIE and a LIAR at two very different terms. The same would be with me reading your user name, would i call you one? NO

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back