Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People complaining about Voss and Bradshaw are probably the same people wanting us to limp Murphy to 300 games. We wish we had someone who has the balls to make those hard decisions that the players aren't just getting carried to milestones.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Why shouldn’t have Murphy played 300
bloke was heart and soul of this club for a long time and I for one do not begrudge the fact he was gotten to milestone

The inability of people here to understand the concept of change and growth is mind-boggling. That a person might be a very different unit now than he/she was 2 years ago, let alone a decade. The plans they have, the lessons they've learned, the style they've evolved. No-one has the slightest idea what a new coach will bring to the club. The thousands of different permutations that will develop across the coach, the assistants, the players, admin and board. Utterly unique. Good work those supporters here staying positive. Go Blues.

Amos v Scarlett- you choose
Why is that my choice?

I'm not necessarily against Scarlett at all. But I am not going to be froffin over a collective coaching panel of Voss and two Geelong assistants. Geelong are refreshing their assistants for new ones, widely acknowledged they need to change the way they play. And we want two of them? Voss isn't known for tactical nous either.

Great players 👍

The inability of people here to understand the concept of change and growth is mind-boggling. That a person might be a very different unit now than he/she was 2 years ago, let alone a decade. The plans they have, the lessons they've learned, the style they've evolved. No-one has the slightest idea what a new coach will bring to the club. The thousands of different permutations that will develop across the coach, the assistants, the players, admin and board. Utterly unique. Good work those supporters here staying positive. Go Blues.
POTY

Nah. I just don’t agree. I don’t see our best path to success through Voss and assistants from Geelong. Geelong have been widely criticised for their outdated game plan. Would prefer some lesser names that are driving tactical changes in the game.

I could highlight the same people that red thumb my posts but I won’t go there.
yeah what a horrible game plan it keeps them in finals every year, i much prefer the chaotic teague game plan that is entertaining for 1 quarter a game and we never make finals.
People have opinions of Voss as a coach when he hasnt been a senior coach for almost 10 years, and even then profess to know how he would be as a coach or any of the other contenders for that matter. People speak of kingsley and gia as if they know how good they are when in reality we dont know f-all. Hows Voss' timeline:
2006 - retired
2007 - media
2008 - West Coast Assistant
2009 - 2013 - Brisbane Lions
2014-2021 - Assistant at Port Adeliade
Thats 14 years of experience! including 4 as head coach. How can you judge him based on his time at the lions when he only really had 1 year of relevant experience....insanely bad appointment by the lions at that point in time but he would of learnt a lot more from those failures than an assistant protected by successful coaches

Why is that my choice?

I'm not necessarily against Scarlett at all. But I am not going to be froffin over a collective coaching panel of Voss and two Geelong assistants. Geelong are refreshing their assistants for new ones, widely acknowledged they need to change the way they play. And we want two of them? Voss isn't known for tactical nous either.

Great players 👍
yeah whatever you do dont go getting the top defensive assistant for a long period of time from one of the best defensive sides in the comp over recent years...terrible decision

Exactly my point - if I had bothered to make it - stole the mission money, expelled from high school, life of juvenile crime, more fights than Fighting Harada (Redemption) - university professor - took back the old neighbourhood - quit academia - lost all my top teeth - joined BigFooty - set fire to the internet and jumped out the window.

yeah what a horrible game plan it keeps them in finals every year, i much prefer the chaotic teague game plan that is entertaining for 1 quarter a game and we never make finals.
People have opinions of Voss as a coach when he hasnt been a senior coach for almost 10 years, and even then profess to know how he would be as a coach or any of the other contenders for that matter. People speak of kingsley and gia as if they know how good they are when in reality we dont know f-all. Hows Voss' timeline:
2006 - retired
2007 - media
2008 - West Coast Assistant
2009 - 2013 - Brisbane Lions
2014-2021 - Assistant at Port Adeliade
Thats 14 years of experience! including 4 as head coach. How can you judge him based on his time at the lions when he only really had 1 year of relevant experience....insanely bad appointment by the lions at that point in time but he would of learnt a lot more from those failures than an assistant protected by successful coaches
Let's hope so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point missed but not unexpected from the red thumb brigade.
No point missed mate. Glad you went personal straight away again. You've no idea if Bostonian wanted Ross and flipped his opinion and you've lumped everyone in together so you could call us a collective crazy. Keep your war going champ.

yeah whatever you do dont go getting the top defensive assistant for a long period of time from one of the best defensive sides in the comp over recent years...terrible decision
You're taking a snippet of my opinion and twisting it to suit you're attempted take down of me. Great work.

Never said Geelong weren't a good/defensive side.

Couldn’t agree more. If it’s Voss, he shouldn’t be marked on his time at Brisbane. For me, he was promoted to the head job well before he was ready back then. He has had 10 years to reflect, learn and modify. I have no problem with anyone the committee choose. To assert that David Parkin and Greg Williams would green light someone who is not up to it, is pretty silly. Cook shook the tree, Clarkson didn’t fall out. Move on.
Having said all that, we don’t know it is Voss and the speculation and spitballing from media and keyboard experts continues.

Great post, too many here living in the past.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Potw.

Belicheck is a great, no doubt. But Brady is greater and more important during their dynastic run.
Lombardi’s reputation would be nothing without Brady.

Upshot, I am sick of hearing about Mike Lombardi. F him.
Yep a Brady and a Gronk paper over cracks 👍🏻

If my memory is correct, he never made it to WCE. He accepted the job, then got offered the senior job at Lions and had to renege.
I could be wrong.

This is correct.

July 2008 - WC sign Voss to a two year deal to commence in the upcoming preseason (November 2008).
September 2008 - Voss recruited by Brisbane as Senior Coach

Literally went from playing -> media and coaching U/17s -> Senior Coach at Brisbane.

Was. Not. Ready.

Doesnt mean he's a sure thing now, but you'd have to be stupid to think he hasn't learnt a bit about coaching since then.

Expanding on this.

Brisbane hiring Voss as Senior Coach was the equivalent of someone hiring their 16yo nephew to build them a house because they were good at woodwork in school, then being disappointed that the house fell down.

Those outright disregarding Voss now are effectively saying "You built a shit house back then, pretty sure you'll build a shit house now even though you've spent 8 years doing an apprenticeship and then working for a reputable builder". Stupid. But fortunately we have a panel who will look closely at the recent work of all candidates before making a decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back