Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see one of those behind the scenes clips of the Voss presentation.

Since being announced Voss has said all the right things, looked the part of a motivated and positive leader and also managed to embrace the humility required to capture the heart of the supporters, well most of them anyway. He clearly understands that we are not about green shoots, rebuilding, and yet another process of developement, we are now about winning games of football, it's actually why the club exists and he seems to get that too.

The reason for wanting to see a clip of his presentation to the sub committee is purely for interests sake on what made him the stand out (Clarkson excluded), how did they grill him and put heat on to get the right answers that ultimately provided unanimous agreement of the sub committee and the Board in appointing him. If we were given some of that insight then even those that are against the appointment may decide to jump on board the new coach.

Go well Mr. Voss, you are carrying alot of success starved people on your back. Do us all proud, please.

Yep certainly did play footy. Don’t see where I said he was playing on the wing (Contest was on the wing) Original post left enough ambiguity to not directly suggest that.

Point I was trying to make is he was given a specific role to negate Jake Levers intercept marking, when given a specific role people can “get themselves up for it” mentally. David Cuningham certainly isn’t aerially capable and found himself in that position.

Bit of a stretch? Possibly, Probably.

Hmm, so you know what role he had now? Ok, in future - Note to players: In a situation where you have the ability to affect a contest, remember the coaches mantra 'if I'm not an aerialist, don't fly for the ball, because there is a real chance I'll do an ACL when I land awkwardly'.

Nutz.

Would love to see one of those behind the scenes clips of the Voss presentation.

Since being announced Voss has said all the right things, looked the part of a motivated and positive leader and also managed to embrace the humility required to capture the heart of the supporters, well most of them anyway. He clearly understands that we are not about green shoots, rebuilding, and yet another process of developement, we are now about winning games of football, it's actually why the club exists and he seems to get that too.

The reason for wanting to see a clip of his presentation to the sub committee is purely for interests sake on what made him the stand out (Clarkson excluded), how did they grill him and put heat on to get the right answers that ultimately provided unanimous agreement of the sub committee and the Board in appointing him. If we were given some of that insight then even those that are against the appointment may decide to jump on board the new coach.

Go well Mr. Voss, you are carrying alot of success starved people on your back. Do us all proud, please.
Vossy seems super authentic so I wouldn't be surprised if what he presented in the presser was the same as he would live in person or to anyone for that matter. Soak it all in. He's 100% invested.

Teague: We want to chop our way. Once we learn to chop our way consistently we’re going to be hard to stop.
We feel and we’ve shown that our best chopping is good enough however we haven’t been able to chop down an entire tree yet. We need to get better at that.

There's no way any part of his presentation will be released publicly...

I could name quite a few players playing tomorrow that a fit Cuningham is better than.
Some people refuse to deviate from the train of thought that every player needs to be a star and/or the best at their position in the league, or else they're useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not at the club anymore so it's open slather.
Just this morning I blamed him for running out of sugar

Problem was the sugar only ran one way ... hence the empty jar.

Listening to talk of Cerra Pie on SEN, is it possible that a good midfielder wouldn't want to be overshadowed
by a once in generation player such as Walshy?
Or is that unlikely?

Would like to see Luke Power step up this season and given a lot more responsibility. He should feel supported and not threatened and should take more ownership of whatever area he is given.

If Voss was your neighbour and you needed a hand cutting down a tree, he would be there with bells on and have a beer with you afterwards.

Ross would close the blinds and pretend he didn't see you needing help.

Voss is therefore the right man for the job. That's the criteria they were talking about yesterday
What about if I need to move my fridge - it is a two-door model and its French.

Would like to see Luke Power step up this season and given a lot more responsibility. He should feel supported and not threatened and should take more ownership of whatever area he is given.

He's doing fine.

Listening to talk of Cerra Pie on SEN, is it possible that a good midfielder wouldn't want to be overshadowed
by a once in generation player such as Walshy?
Or is that unlikely?
Unlikely... think of Voss, Lappin, Black, Akermanis, Power... A good team is a good team working with and for one another... And yeah, Aker was a showboat, but in those premiership years was still working for the team even though he probably required different coaching input. I'd like to think that Cerra would be looking forward to playing with other high performers, seeking to encourage and drive one another toward excellence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back