Bluemour XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Although if Lachie doesn't wish to be known by that particular pronoun, it could be Cowperson or Cowthey....

All joking aside, I reckon Cowperson is gonna be a ripper for us into the future....got all the attributes of a 200+ gamer.
What about plowman; he hasn't changed his to plowperson!
And one more thing, the plowman and the cowman should be friends.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we ask for lower than fisher is worth, when North want him, I doubt fisher is overpaid, fisher would not go on a 3 year deal even if his contract expired. It is time the AFL journos stopped with the Anti-Carlton Agenda. Fisher is worth pick 25 to 30 every day of the week

An Anti-Carlton agenda, for what? stating the club could accept less to get out from under his contract? nah..
As for Fisher being worth more - how so? I'm admittedly not as high on him as others but surely if he were, he'd be a walk-up starter.
Unfortunately, he's a mid-career player who hasn't proven himself as a consistent mid or forward - if that profile were put to you, it's doubtful you or anyone would want to hand over a valuable pick.

Why would we ask for lower than fisher is worth, when North want him, I doubt fisher is overpaid, fisher would not go on a 3 year deal even if his contract expired. It is time the AFL journos stopped with the Anti-Carlton Agenda. Fisher is worth pick 25 to 30 every day of the week

I was about to say the same thing… That last paragraph doesn’t make any sense…

North target Fisher a contracted player (best 22 players last couple of weeks), offer him more years… Yet, we need to bend over and take less composition for them to take him, so we can save bugger all in our cap (Fisher would be on bugger all $$$ wise)

It's a weird post that I am trying to get my head around. I can't believe he would be on huge money and I doubt the money being offered by Nth would be any less. The only way that this would be possible would be if we have been actively shopping him around, which I hope isn't the case because it would indicate our salary cap is in trouble.

North target Fisher a contracted player (best 22 players last couple of weeks), offer him more years… Yet, we need to bend over and take less composition for them to take him, so we can save bugger all in our cap (Fisher would be on bugger all $$$ wise)
Clubs value salary cap relief much more highly than fans do. I don’t think we will haggle too hard for Fisher if he has a better deal on the table.

Norf have #39 but I reckon Future 3rd is probably where it will End up

Not sure about the anti-Carlton agenda, but I agree with the rest. You would imagine that he's not on a huge contract, so that'll be absorbed by the 5 years that Norf are offering. And if they're prepared to offer him a 5 year contract, make them cough up something half decent. Somewhere around pick 30 you would hope is in the ballpark.

Having said all that crap, it may also be possible that we're targeting someone over the trade period where we'd need to clear salary cap space and a list spot to make it happen....so the main priority is to get him off the books.

It's a weird post that I am trying to get my head around. I can't believe he would be on huge money and I doubt the money being offered by Nth would be any less. The only way that this would be possible would be if we have been actively shopping him around, which I hope isn't the case because it would indicate our salary cap is in trouble.
Hopefully, we are trying to secure Dow, he's been one of our best mids recently.

Or it could indicate we are freeing up cap space for another player we are targeting?

Just a question.
When a player accepts a deal with another club on slightly less money but a larger overall contract, the existing club doesn't have to pay the difference in cap do they?
I remember the Jack Steven situation a few years ago when the Cats targeted him, I seem to remember they had to pay some of his cap even though he was the player initiating the transfer. My memory could be off on that but I seem to remember that was the case?

Clubs value salary cap relief much more highly than fans do. I don’t think we will haggle too hard for Fisher if he has a better deal on the table.
If he doesn't play finals, we won't be getting much for him unfortunately.
I like Fish, it will be sad to lose him.
As you mention though salary cap is extremely important and tough decisions need to be made.

Liam Henry has requested a trade back to Victoria.

Could we enter the mix given we bid on him?
Wouldn't think so..
Our list profile is now at the stage where we can really target specific players to positions of need.
It's weird isn't it.. im so used to being linked to every half decent player on the market, bur realise that's because our list was so bereft of talent.
We have the talent now, so can be far more selective in our recruiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back