Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All options are on the table, but really we should not jump the gun until our season is over - and this year it’s not the end of August :D

Our weakness will be highlighted during the finals. Let’s fill these spots once we are clear on what is of dire need when the crunch comes!

If it only costs us Fisher and we get draft capital out of it then it's an upgrade like Acres was. If it costs us more then the opposition cost equation changes

Last year we had the room to take on Acres and it only really cost us an area of depth (Setters) in totality.

If this year it costs us Fish and others... Entirely different story

If we focus just on Fisher ( we will lose others) gaining a future pick to use on the Campo boys, while clearing salary, allows us to acquire a FA. It's a win/win for list management

Now, I think Fisher still has value to our side, but if his replacement is more needs focus, then tough calls will need to be made

Absolutely yes to Smith
Back our own culture to bring him in and shape him up
The exact type of player we need

How do we have the cap space to fit Bailey Smith into our list without gutting our list of depth?

He's not coming for cheap.

Last edited:
Have you also heard about the below player we are heavily into? I had to disguise the player in question and come up with a extremely difficult Cryptic clue to avoid a media storm that's all I can give you at the moment. Don't PM me my lips are sealed!!!
View attachment 1790436View attachment 1790452PS: take it to the Credit Union.
Not vanilla enough.

Maybe a Bailey Williams as a FA if we are moving on players such as Dow, LOB, Fish etc since you mentioned FA. Wouldn't be too much $s imo and I hear he wants out of the dogs

Have always liked him and would improve our best 22

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Smith highly, but off field not great and 750K is overs at this point in time

Plus, would cost more than 1 first rounder

Wasn't it Smith you rated ahead of Walsh in his draft year?

Yeap, think he has a point of difference

Unfortunately for most of us, all we see is their football abilities, but no idea as to their make-up and mindset
Even with how good Sam played early doors, Bailey was a bloody ripper early too. It wasn't a bad call by you at the time.

Think half of his issues could be better managed at a different club. Needs to get away from certain influences at the Dogs like another player who became troubled did.

If we focus just on Fisher ( we will lose others) gaining a future pick to use on the Campo boys, while clearing salary, allows us to acquire a FA. It's a win/win for list management

Now, I think Fisher still has value to our side, but if his replacement is more needs focus, then tough calls will need to be made
It’s not always as simple an equation as what people think.

List management and TPP management is a multi year thing.
Losing player A (in this case Fisher) doesn’t mean we have that cap space next year for a FA acquisition.
Players contracts are almost always weighted year on year, very rarely lineal. So it could very likely be needing to lose a player or two around Fishers coin, knowing that we are replacing them with draft picks that are on a 2 year locked base contract. With the knowledge that the money saved is already assigned to players we already have on our list.

It’s not always as simple an equation as what people think.

List management and TPP management is a multi year thing.
Losing player A (in this case Fisher) doesn’t mean we have that cap space next year for a FA acquisition.
Players contracts are almost always weighted year on year, very rarely lineal. So it could very likely be needing to lose a player or two around Fishers coin, knowing that we are replacing them with draft picks that are on a 2 year locked base contract. With the knowledge that the money saved is already assigned to players we already have on our list.

That really sucks balls then. I can only 'imagine' that we have already spent our future free cash in promises to current players already. It would explain why there is no noise about Ben Mckay when we only have 1 KPDer of note. We have Kemp/Marchy/Mcgovern trying to be KPDers.

Not sure about the anti-Carlton agenda, but I agree with the rest. You would imagine that he's not on a huge contract, so that'll be absorbed by the 5 years that Norf are offering. And if they're prepared to offer him a 5 year contract, make them cough up something half decent. Somewhere around pick 30 you would hope is in the ballpark.

Having said all that crap, it may also be possible that we're targeting someone over the trade period where we'd need to clear salary cap space and a list spot to make it happen....so the main priority is to get him off the books.
Our need to clear salsry cap space, is exclusive of Fisher's trade value 25-30 and equal to North's need for an attacking left footed flanker

Just listened to Sam he was asked to comment on Hayden Crozier to us. Nearly fell off my chair.

Grainger-Barras apparently on the trade table… if the price is right hope we have a look…

Unlike Hawthorn we have the list to be patient with him…
A young KPD is about the only glaring vacancy in our list.(unless Young has a form reversal)
Another developing Jack Martin clone would be nice, but not a desperate need.
Last year an Acres type was an obvious need, next year we need to squeeze in Binns and Cow, don't see a pricey free agent in Navy blue soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back