Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Tongue in cheek BT.

Harker left years ago on his own free will. Not sure there was any parting words.

Thy infracted out on BigFooty months ago. There is a thread in the Blue Room about posters people miss, where this is discussed.

The goldfish bowl isn't an insult btw. It's just a reality. People wouldn't even know what search criteria to type into the search function to find answers on many things, as titles aren't always informative and poster names are shortened for familiarity.

Having been around for a long time, I see most topics come around again every few years.
Ok cheers for the clarification. Must be too early in the morning for me to recognise ‘context’, and not yet having my first coffee 😜

I'm getting over this site, getting all woke and 'in', might hang up my lantern like Harker, Thy and the other notables (not that that was me but life is too short for these .... to tell me to pull my head in). We'll win this flag and I'll celebrate....
Don't let it get to you, mate. everyone's opinion on here has as much worth as the reader places upon it. We will all have our differences on different topics but ultimately everyone here wants to see the same thing - Blues victorious on the final saturday in september

Tongue in cheek BT.

Harker left years ago on his own free will. Not sure there was any parting words.

Thy infracted out on BigFooty months ago. There is a thread in the Blue Room about posters people miss, where this is discussed.

The goldfish bowl isn't an insult btw. It's just a reality. People wouldn't even know what search criteria to type into the search function to find answers on many things, as titles aren't always informative and poster names are shortened for familiarity.

Having been around for a long time, I see most topics come around again every few years.
They must be true gluttons for punishment. They’ve hung around here during 20-odd years of heartache, and then they've thrown in the towel just when things are finally looking up.

Number 17 is near! GO BLUES!

Pies played like crap.

80s footballers were much tougher mentally.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
I don't know if that's true. The sport required different things then to now, and it isn't as though footy now doesn't require extreme mental toughness.

They must be true gluttons for punishment. They’ve hung around here during 20-odd years of heartache, and then they've thrown in the towel just when things are finally looking up.

Number 17 is near! GO BLUES!
Harks was fighting a losing battle on here and I miss his reasoned arguements

I don't know if that's true. The sport required different things then to now, and it isn't as though footy now doesn't require extreme mental toughness.
The level of preparation and professionalism now are so far from the smoking, drinking, eat a steak and fried eggs before a game mentality that it's actually beneficial have a neuro divergence that makes you hyper focus on perfection and repetition

The level of preparation and professionalism now are so far from the smoking, drinking, eat a steak and fried eggs before a game mentality that it's actually beneficial have a neuro divergence that makes you hyper focus on perfection and repetition
Say what ?

Say what ?
Modern sport tends to trend to rigid adherence to team plans over individual, often instinctive, brilliance.

Modern players watch everything they eat, train obsessively (look at Sam Walsh) and spend significant time training repetition so learned actions become the default.

These are all skills or preferences that appear as comorbidities when diagnosing ASD and other NDs.

it’s actually almost the exact opposite mindset/mentality required now than back in the 80s. Some of it similar but from a training/lifestyle perspective totally different

Let’s Go…

Doc a chance for finals 😍

Mitch Cleary
Let’s take care of business 1st by taking the past 2 weeks out on the Roos. Should be a 100 point win if we are serious club.

Then let’s keep our fingers, toes and whatever other weird and wonderful digits we have crossed for Sammy Doc to hopefully get fit and firing come the end of the home and away period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be very surprised if Doc was a serious chance at playing any role on filed this season, with only 6 rounds to go, the bye then hopefully two finals at a minimum, time is very tight.

Im not sure if its a Hail Mary because he feels the game may go past him, because if he re injures the knee in finals, his career would be as good as done, i feel we will be contending for quite some time, so it seems a big risk to me.

It will still be a great story but still a big risk.

Would be fantastic for both Doch and the club if he is deemed ready for finals action. It'll be a big jump in physicality and pressure compared to the H&A season and he wouldn't have much time at all to get ready. I feel it will upgrade Ollie's wing as he's been struggling and it will serve as an extra motivation for the players.

Would be fantastic for both Doch and the club if he is deemed ready for finals action. It'll be a big jump in physicality and pressure compared to the H&A season and he wouldn't have much time at all to get ready. I feel it will upgrade Ollie's wing as he's been struggling and it will serve as an extra motivation for the players.
Be a lot more than an upgrade on O. Hollands, the latter has had a poor year.

(will still be a player, just lost his mojo and/or opponents have sussed him out presently)

Be a lot more than an upgrade on O. Hollands, the latter has had a poor year.

(will still be a player, just lost his mojo and/or opponents have sussed him out presently)
Think we might need to temper our expectations with Doc. Even if he makes it back, he won't have played football basically all season. He's not coming in and immediately being a match winner for us.

Think we might need to temper our expectations with Doc. Even if he makes it back, he won't have played football basically all season. He's not coming in and immediately being a match winner for us.
You are talking Doc here, not much is beyond him. I am quite conservative, but, I wouldn’t bet against him being just that, but even as a sub would be awesome.

You are talking Doc here, not much is beyond him. I am quite conservative, but, I wouldn’t bet against him being just that, but even as a sub would be awesome.
I get the love affair because of who he is, I just don't think we should be expecting miracles from the guy.

Remains to be seen if he'll even get there I suppose.

but he's smart...knows the plays - when & where to go, when not to...

I reckon Ollie will be a player, just not this year.

but he's smart...knows the plays - when & where to go, when not to...

I reckon Ollie will be a player, just not this year.
He might be smart but the game is played on the field, under the intensity of a final. You can't just make up for a lost season at the end of it.

I hope it happens for Sam but I'm not entirely comfortable whisking him back in for a final off the back of no games.

Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back