Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing stats here from Champion Data on SEN - Carlton is currently dominating the one stat that 17 of the last 18 premiers all had in common

Our turnover differential has gone from 4th to 2nd in the last two months - but the real numbers are super impressive - we have gone from +101 to +276 in two months whereas Sydney have gone from +261 to +280 (so basically it’s dried up)

So while on the surface it appears we have been winning (and losing) ugly - we have been winning the same way that premiership teams win flags

So as per this one stat which has predicted 17 of the last 18 premiers, the likely premiers of 2024 will be either Sydney, Brisbane or Carlton. Freo could overtake Brisbane for 3rd place. But when you look at the in form teams in this stat - over the last 2 months it’s been Carlton leading the way followed by Brisbane and Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fox footy showing the 2016 carlton v port game currently. I think that we have only Cripps and Docherty still on the list from that game. Toohey is the other still on an AFL list.

There's some others going round like Sumner, Lamb, Everett, Byrne, Kerridge, that were hardly household names. And Kreuzer has just kicked the winner.

what explains our 2nd quarter naps earlier in the year if it's training blocks currently? i always liked to assume it was tactical readjustment by our opposition, to counter our usually blistering first quarter. they readjust, and have a blistering 2nd quarter and the game ends up at parity, sort of. then we fuddle duddle and fall over the line after some individual brilliance somewhere.

It’s criminal that Marvel teams would be forced to play a home final against MCG teams, baffles me.
Absolutely agree with you here.

If the Bulldogs want to play an MCG tenant at Marvel, they should be able to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate loses!
It causes a lot of finger pointing by Hurt people who dont have insider knowledge on players or coaches or admin staff.
If you can do better get in there. Otherwise STF about stuff you dont know.
What a ridiculous comment. The whole point of this site is to discuss football. If you're limiting that to posters who have an inside track into the club, you'd have very little to read.

What a ridiculous comment. The whole point of this site is to discuss football. If you're limiting that to posters who have an inside track into the club, you'd have very little to read.
Posters are stating that they know what is wrong as if they have inside info.
Plus it is usually those posters who only appear after a loss.

We play a very physically hard brand of footy. A lot of contests and congestions, not enough uncontested footy. Skills and run need to be better to clean our game up. The development of players to not develop a second or third position for them hurts rotations. Voss' use of rotations has been terrible during his entire tenure. Our midfield rotations should have been higher the last few years, it's not personnel, it's coaching. Voss has a lot of really good head coach traits but he's terrible tactically, that's been obvious the whole way through. He needs some tactical nouse around him. Better than what we have.

The more contests and ugly footy you play the more injuries. Big heavy bodies in running positions.

We got a lot of players cheap and gettable due to being injury prone. SOS was keen on bringing in injured talent and we have paid for it. Many of them like Sumner etc never even got off the ground.

The soft tissue explosion this. I have to point the finger at training. This super hard preseason then whatever the hell we did mid season. It has to be part training part injury proneness. Is that Voss or Russell?

Some players are accident prone like Marchbank. A lot of his injuries come from being reckless and not protecting himself out there. Some players came to us injury prone and remained so.

I just think it's a combination of a lot of things. I reckon we flog the players too hard at training and that shows with the soft tissue problems and lack of energy on match day. Football at all levels, you do a hard preseason then back it off when the games start to come. Overtraining is worse than undertraining IMO.

If we were a quicker, more skilled side and better on the outside we would be better off. I don't think this is coaching as much as it is recruiting. All our mids taken from the draft in this team amount to two obvious selections in Walsh and Cripps. Cripps a little less obvious but we have off loaded a heap of midfielders. We are paying for it now.

Just a few thoughts.

We play a very physically hard brand of footy. A lot of contests and congestions, not enough uncontested footy. Skills and run need to be better to clean our game up. The development of players to not develop a second or third position for them hurts rotations. Voss' use of rotations has been terrible during his entire tenure. Our midfield rotations should have been higher the last few years, it's not personnel, it's coaching. Voss has a lot of really good head coach traits but he's terrible tactically, that's been obvious the whole way through. He needs some tactical nouse around him. Better than what we have.

The more contests and ugly footy you play the more injuries. Big heavy bodies in running positions.

We got a lot of players cheap and gettable due to being injury prone. SOS was keen on bringing in injured talent and we have paid for it. Many of them like Sumner etc never even got off the ground.

The soft tissue explosion this. I have to point the finger at training. This super hard preseason then whatever the hell we did mid season. It has to be part training part injury proneness. Is that Voss or Russell?

Some players are accident prone like Marchbank. A lot of his injuries come from being reckless and not protecting himself out there. Some players came to us injury prone and remained so.

I just think it's a combination of a lot of things. I reckon we flog the players too hard at training and that shows with the soft tissue problems and lack of energy on match day. Football at all levels, you do a hard preseason then back it off when the games start to come. Overtraining is worse than undertraining IMO.

If we were a quicker, more skilled side and better on the outside we would be better off. I don't think this is coaching as much as it is recruiting. All our mids taken from the draft in this team amount to two obvious selections in Walsh and Cripps. Cripps a little less obvious but we have off loaded a heap of midfielders. We are paying for it now.

Just a few thoughts.
We’re like the rehab ward for the afl ….sos couldn’t resist cheapies.

Thought he was a good operator, clearly has morals as he hedged his own gig at * on the backing of a coach that was dumped and his replacement has done **** all better.

Did an amazing job taking on the CEO role during the drugs saga schemozzle

Kept 🦤 in the gig, probably not a positive of his tenure externally but continues to give every oppo supporters uncontrollable giggles 🤭

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back