Autopsy Blues V GWS. Rant away folks....

Remove this Banner Ad

As I keep saying
Yarran is a flea
carrots brock Curnow army spuds
waite could of been a good player but will be remembered
as a ordinary footballer
but hey some posters are happy we are in front of Richmond
I give up
that'd be great, cheers

Please can we shut up shop, put injured players in for surgery and have a farewell game for those incapable or too old to play on.

You want to get fined for playing more than 22 players in a game?

*boom tish*

Lucas actually would have suited the game today. Needed some run, needed someone to provide options.

Yes and his missed tackles, poor handpasses and turnover kicks would have fitted in perfectly with everyone else's 'efforts' too.

I was meaning a talented junior footballer who may have had a crack at another sport because he was such a good all round athlete but could now be possibly wooed back to AFL - not sure that such a young twenties type exists but what I am saying is that we have to explore every poss as we need to pull a couple of freaky moves to catch up big time
That's certainly a great idea!!! Not sure our club and recruiters are in the frame that way though.

we don't run. we can't stick a tackle. we sure as hell have lost the ability to kick (remember when we used to actually hit a target?).

Today I missed Matty. Just like last week. Robbie is either tired or just totally out of form.

Carrots - liability. Brock - liability. Tuohy - liability.

Hendo - put him in for surgery.

Waite needs to quit trying to be a basketballer. But wasn't as bad as others today.

Simmo - only taken 6 years too long to tag him but unfortunately has no idea how to deal with them.

Doc - didn't have a preseason & is now playing the most footy he has ever played in a back line under siege whilst carrying some injuries. Could do with a rest but we have no one to replace him with.

Yazz - just couldn't get into it today.

Levi - was like he didn't play.

All in all - quit playing injured players. I don't care if that means we gift games. Sign Menz, Gibbs & Yarran and I don't care what happens after that.

Graham & Holman - whilst probably no quicker than Carrots & McLean at least will look like they care. Brock's comments are quite evident in his football and it's a joke if he continues to get a game.

Andy Mac if White is injured.

Knew this would happen. Although I had a faint hope we'd actually learnt our lesson v Brisbane. Murph out didn't help because they would've tagged him before Simmo but still no excuse.

I'm very disillusioned right now. Mick's presser was very telling. Asked how he could fix the players will to win, he said you can't & that it's either there naturally or its not. In other words - most of our current list is screwed in terms of having the will to win. Thanks Hughes.
Great post.

Yes and his missed tackles, poor handpasses and turnover kicks would have fitted in perfectly with everyone else's 'efforts' too.

Exactly. He would have blended in and provided run. If he is going to drop off tackles, at least he can chase them down again. See ... positives.

Nah, he's a willing worker as far as getting into position to provide a relief option. Brock used to be but not so much at the moment.

Ok my last post of the night
We delisted laidler because he wasn't good enough??????????????
OK cough cough
Isnt that the same guy that's playing a good defensive role at Sydney
A side that's premiership favorite
Theres something very wrong at this club atm
Goodnight
Get a good sleep MJ, place yourself in an induced coma....

Look, the past two weeks we had proven that when this team is switched on mentally we're a somewhat capable football side.

The team obviously has a variety of holes and we need to improve all across the ground in our talent level but to me the most alarming issue is the discrepancy between our efforts each week depending on the team we play, like we are entitled to a victory against lesser sides

Obviously we need to draft and recruit for talent, but Greg Popovich, 5X Champion head coach of San Antonio Spurs in the NBA said something once that i believe is vital that we adopt to avoid these inconsistent efforts in the future.... "We draft/recruit players who have gotten over themselves".

This must happen, sick of inconsistent effort.

Trade walker, McLean Garett, Watson, armfield, warnock, etc etc etc ordinary players
Talk about trade/sack everyone

220px-Jack_Lord_Steve_McGarrett_Hawaii_Five-O_1977.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had enough! Sick of being the laughing stock. its time to take a good look at the club as a whole - The Committee, Members and supporters have to realise that we are no longer considered in the footy world as one of "THE BIG 5" - we have joined Melbourne North and Bulldogs as being just another insignificant club from Victoria. Lets get back to where we should be. We have started by clearing out deadwood from the Committee now the footy department - Start at the top - MM has to go(the scum got rid of him coz they knew he was falling behind the game)get rid of the high priced recruit from the same club ( all he is good for is kick to kick with MM) Use the money to recruit 4 or 5 reasonable players. McLean, Carazzo Waite and (Deep breath, choke, hold back tears) Judd have to go.

The effort by Thomas and Yarran to tackle Palmer just before 3/4 time perfectly sums up where this club is atm.

Pea-hearted soft-***** with VFL-grade footballing ability.

The club, from the board down, have gotten drunk on their own bath-water.

Too bad the tub is full of pissweak turds.
Agree or not, this is the rant of the year.

Exactly. He would have blended in and provided run. If he is going to drop off tackles, at least he can chase them down again. See ... positives.

Nah, he's a willing worker as far as getting into position to provide a relief option. Brock used to be but not so much at the moment.

I am not going to add to our collective misery by continuing this conversation.

Reasonable post but the bit about Gibbs is utter crap.
Look at Gibbs best games, he plays by far his best football when he is given his job. This has always been the case, I agree he is getting A LOT better but I still think he should be given
Some of what you say is true, but Gibbs has been fantastic for nearly 6 weeks now as a true midfielder.
I think you may have taken this as an attack on Gibbs, I think Gibbs is a fantastic player. I don't have a problem with him lining up in a one on one situation with their best player and winning week in week out. I still think him and the other midfielders in our team need to learn how to read the tap play better though. Mclean is the best player in our team at doing this (better than Judd) and Gibbs & others should be lining up at the door to learn how to do this.

Mclean is slow as all hell and makes terrible decisions a lot of the time, but boy can he read tapwork brilliantly.

We need more players that get first use of the ball and make intelligent decisions.

Just so disappointed with our application and effort today.
What was worse was how many goals GWS scored from turnovers today.

It was definitely higher than usual. Some point late in the 3rd, 63 of their 82 points were from turnovers.

But we aren't number 1 for scores against from turnovers for no reason ;)

Surely this means we'll try against Collingwood like we did against Geelong after Brisbane & like we did against the Dogs after Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues V GWS. Rant away folks....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back