Blues v Hawks Venting thread - keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

The camera angle may just save Renouf, but it didn't look good. Stupid by him.

But, I disagree with the fact we were "feral thugs" and it pisses me off a fair bit that you think this. It's football, not netball. Contact is encouraged. We were tough at the ball, if that's being "feral thugs" well then, I'll cop that.

It looked to me like today we were just harder at the ball, and harder in the packs. That's the reason we won. Umpires weren't great, but you got your fair share as did we.

Bit disappointing about the possible injuries you guys got. Do you know if they're serious? I hope not for the Blues' sake.

Didn't see the Renouf incident but I didn't think Hawthorn were overly hard at the man today. I just thought they were first and harder at the ball. If I were a Hawks supporter I would be questioning where that hardness has been for the past year and a half.

Just dicked it had to surface against the Blues today.

Didn't see the Renouf incident but I didn't think Hawthorn were overly hard at the man today. I just thought they were first and harder at the ball. If I were a Hawks supporter I would be questioning where that hardness has been for the past year and a half.

Hawthorn are a better/more talented side, hard or not.. once they hit their form, will beat most sides. Carlton went into this game expecting to win, after weeks of being underdogs. Not always easy to maintain the intensity in these games w/expectation.. Carlton were off today, especially compared to the performance against Geelong/StKilda, where they were underdogs.

I'm getting so frustrated at the so called Carlton supporters bagging Henderson during each game. He has played under 50 games, hasn't turned 21 yet and averages better stats than Nick Riewoldt after the same amount of games. Give him time and no doubt he will turn out to be jet like Russell is becoming.

Blues didn't play well but deserve some credit for recent performances. It's a tough league and Hawks on their day are no mugs despite their ladder position.

I like to vent like anyone else but it is based on a run of poor performances or a howler like vs the Bombers.

The difference between 4-14th is basically team effort on the day - Hawks were harder and if you think we can be harder every single week you don't know footy much.

Let's see what we dish up next week vs the weagles.

radio said wrist

yeah... just read the match report on the AFL website... the way that he was running off the ground on the tele made it look like it could have been a rotator cuff injury (holding the arm tightly against his torso so it didnt bounce around much).

Geez they were blowing smoke up the arses of the dawks in that article making it seem like they were actually good instead of being average to our crap.

I was more concerned about the White injury when it happened. The poor kid was struggling to walk for a bit. Hopefully it's just a jar from the landing rather than anything more serious and they didnt play him to protect the knee.

I missed the injury to Yazz... hope that it isnt too bad.

I m ready to vent.

1. Why are we the only team that dont know that if you go down with the ball you then cannot show the umpires your hands as if to say "Look sir, I haven't got it": free kick everytime. Scotty did it and I am not sure why Hendo would do the same 15 metres out from goal. Would it not be better to fight and try to free it. I can remember Lappin getting pinged on this about a dozen times in his last year.

Scotland attempted to punch the ball when he was caught and had the ball held against him by 3 Dawks players and only threw the arm out when it was apparent to all and sundry (apart from that ******** umpire) but was pinged for it. He had no prior opportunities to get rid of the ball because the ball was pinned to him immediately in the tackle.

Hendo went in to make the contest, got dragged off the ball by one of the dawks, and his hands came off the ball. The other dawks player dives on the ball lying on top of Hendo (whose hands are off the ball at this stage) and makes no move to try and get the ball out of there.

What is Hendo supposed to do... start punching the shit out of the Dawks player who is lying on him in an effort to get rid of the ball which isnt in his possession at this point?

Should have been a ball up at that stage but the umpire ****s up completely and gives a free to Dawkthorn...

I saw a LOT of free kicks given against us, that the dawks repeated 5 minutes later when they didnt get pinged for it. OR if there was a free, it went Dawkthorn's way.

Robbo was running back to the forward line, Renouf brushes in front of him and then Robbo just collapses on the ground holding his midriff.

Even the commentators were talking about it saying that it was damned silly play by Renouf.

Gibbs is walking a fine line. Murph has been brilliant in games

Agree, maybe a lil' harsh on smurf, but his brilliance has been in patches not four quarters. Some argue about his interupted pre-season, should not have played first few rounds then! If you are not 100% fit, do the team thing and withdraw as there are plenty of players busting their arses to get a game, not their fault they were not born with the same amount of natural talent. Bower is a classic example, I think he is a key to our success, great player, but got rushed back TOO early and as a result has been out for weeks since, and for what? Unintelligent, EGO driven decision by the powers that be at the club because we are DESPERATE for four points, when there are actually 88 points to be taken over a year...big picture...please ffs! Same with McClean btw....

Gibbs is walking a fine line. Murph has been brilliant in games

I think that Gibbs is reacting adversely to the pressure that he is under coming out of contract at the end of the year with GC17 throwing stupid amounts of money around.

If he signs our contract and blows a raspberry at GC17, I am sure that the pressure is going to be off him.

But seeing as Russell has now re-signed with the club, it can only be a matter of time before Gibbs does as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand why your saying that but I would prefer whoever is handballing in these situations at least have some vision on whats ahead also and not give it hemmed up against the boundary as Judd was today at one point.

Players should always try and give the hands it is crucial to getting flow in your game.

Scotland attempted to punch the ball when he was caught and had the ball held against him by 3 Dawks players and only threw the arm out when it was apparent to all and sundry (apart from that ******** umpire) but was pinged for it. He had no prior opportunities to get rid of the ball because the ball was pinned to him immediately in the tackle.

Hendo went in to make the contest, got dragged off the ball by one of the dawks, and his hands came off the ball. The other dawks player dives on the ball lying on top of Hendo (whose hands are off the ball at this stage) and makes no move to try and get the ball out of there.

What is Hendo supposed to do... start punching the shit out of the Dawks player who is lying on him in an effort to get rid of the ball which isnt in his possession at this point?

Should have been a ball up at that stage but the umpire ****s up completely and gives a free to Dawkthorn...

I saw a LOT of free kicks given against us, that the dawks repeated 5 minutes later when they didnt get pinged for it. OR if there was a free, it went Dawkthorn's way.

I agree with everything you say, I was not arguing that Scotty or Henderson could have done anything and it was unfair but one of the triggers that make umpires salivate and blow the whistle is when the player originally with the ball shows him his hands in effort to display that he hasn't got control of the ball. I cringe when they do it knowing that the whistle will follow so why give them that opportunity?

I agree with everything you say, I was not arguing that Scotty or Henderson could have done anything and it was unfair but one of the triggers that make umpires salivate and blow the whistle is when the player originally with the ball shows him his hands in effort to display that he hasn't got control of the ball. I cringe when they do it knowing that the whistle will follow so why give them that opportunity?

But like I said - this does not apply to everyone eg. Hodge:rolleyes:

Yes, Johnson out first quarter, White second IIRC, Yarran third.

The White one hurt a bit as it threw our defence right out and we had mid sized players playing on talls.

We ran out of legs in the last big time.

OIC....how serious were they all (as mentioned I didn't see).
I was hoping the blues would win as my tips were up the sh*t!

Terrible loss today. We looked flat from the time we ran out and we were never in the game.

Kudos to the Hawks for their pressure but pretty disappointed with the number of mistakes we made.

Too many passengers and I know it doesn't help with one man on the bench but I expected more from our boys today.

Hawthorn came out to play today and unfortunately we didn't.

Hopefully we can turn it around over the next month and get some good wins on the table against West Coast, Melbourne, North and Freo, which are all winnable.

What should you call supporters who make that sort of comment?

Until it's time to make another WA Bores thread and get smashed at the footy, stick to the bay and hang out with your mates.

Unhappy paying members! And shove your jibes up your arse, think it is YOU and YOUR mates hanging/getting smashed out at the bay... ********!

With a username the general(of sweet **** all) its obvious your a toss bag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues v Hawks Venting thread - keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back