Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Dropped in for a little hubris? How are we doing?

I just realised I like too many of you damn fools on a personal level.

Essendon supporters are in a particularly strange position, since a week ago many or even most of us didn't want Clarkson and preferred Rutten.

Now Rutten's position is untenable and it's basically Clarkson or having to go into the off-season with no coach at all - meaning Campbell and Mahoney trying to direct Dodoro on list management and recruiting players without actually having a vision to sell or a strategy to adhere to.

Gross position to be in. If they wanted to sack Rutten that badly they should've done it with enough notice to actually keep things moving forward.
its not bad enough that we are the laughing stock on field (6,000 days without a ... dah. dah. dah), we do dumb shit like the way we've carried ourselves the last 72 hours. Don't worry though, we are trying, 18% of the Bomber shop and those children with special needs on the ground on Sunday night..

Cringey on field, worse off it

precarious position to be in right now

how can times still be TBC when you’ve given the exact times?

Schrodinger’s press conference being held by Schrodinger’s coach.

I just realised I like too many of you damn fools on a personal level.
Mate we all love our clubs
we would all love to go back to 1993 when both our clubs were exciting and had strong leaders
selfishly I would love Clarko at essendon because fools like silverspoon Campbell and son of a fruiterer dodoro and joe biden brasher have crippled our club but how could I begrudge you blokes from getting his signature when you have done all the grunt work.
here is to better days

Essendon supporters are in a particularly strange position, since a week ago many or even most of us didn't want Clarkson and preferred Rutten.

Now Rutten's position is untenable and it's basically Clarkson or having to go into the off-season with no coach at all - meaning Campbell and Mahoney trying to direct Dodoro on list management and recruiting players without actually having a vision to sell or a strategy to adhere to.

Gross position to be in. If they wanted to sack Rutten that badly they should've done it with enough notice to actually keep things moving forward.
It's been a fine week.

Clarkson offers obvious change but also messiah status-quo. Now it's on offer, I want the change. It doesn't have to be Clarkson, nothing against the guy but it just sucks that it's the only way it would happen. If that doesn't happen then the status-quo remains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate we all love our clubs
we would all love to go back to 1993 when both our clubs were exciting and had strong leaders
selfishly I would love Clarko at essendon because fools like silverspoon Campbell and son of a fruiterer dodoro and joe biden brasher have crippled our club but how could I begrudge you blokes from getting his signature when you have done all the grunt work.
here is to better days

Agreed. Nobody likes winning against guys already on their knees, it's cheap.

We'll both take it, and laugh but deep down it's hollow.

its not bad enough that we are the laughing stock on field (6,000 days without a ... dah. dah. dah), we do dumb s**t like the way we've carried ourselves the last 72 hours. Don't worry though, we are trying, 18% of the Bomber shop and those children with special needs on the ground on Sunday night..

Cringey on field, worse off it

precarious position to be in right now
...and baby racing. Don't forget baby racing.

If Clarkson chooses North, you've got to think it looks bad for us ... The last ditch attempt to land the "messiah" ... The embarrassment of our dirty laundry aired (again) in public ... A really good person in Truck being humiliated and cuckolded... It's all terrible and there's no real way of it being resolved cleanly from here.

But if Clarkson chooses us, what questions does that raise for North? They've gone all out for him, he has every reason to go back there ... And for him to choose Essendon instead despite how poor our process has been, would show that they really are a small club. One that simply cannot land a big name. They'll be staring down the barrell of further questions surrounding Tasmania and their future ...

I know Essendon will survive whatever Clarko decides to do ... But north? What's the future hold for them if he slips through their fingers?

Agree about Essendon.

However, North are debt free and have record membership(?), missing out on a coach isn't that big of a deal and they have faced much bigger challenges and come out on top before.

I still think Clarkson goes to North, but the seed has been planted for substantial change if Barham follows through with what he has promised, everything else would have just been the cherry on top.

How there’s no need for barham to hold a press conference tomorrow morning before clarko has made his decision. He’s meeting with north tomorrow at some point.
Or it's the last chance to speak before the weekend (having left it as late as possible to hear from Clarkson hoepefully), and knowing that they had to say something before the game this week and before Trucks scheduled press conference on Fridays.

It's the Rutten press conference still going ahead that stumps me.

He follows through with an external review and actually adheres to its recommendations.

giphy.gif

He fixes the cable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back