Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude, but I would not blame Truck whatsoever if he decided to quit at his presser today. To be thrown under the bus for no reason is just crap. He should force them to pay out every single cent left on his deal
But if he quits, can he? Because publicly Essendon haven’t officially said anything about not wanting him as coach.

So if Truck is given the arse, what does that mean for delistings, drafting etc? Would we likely have a new coach by the time the draft rolls around?

Got what we deserved and then some.

After this public debacle, we need XC, Dodo, Sheeds, Wellman all out the door as a minimum. Potentially Barham.

Assuming Truck still won't be here, who's next ?
Ross ? Cameron?

So if Truck is given the arse, what does that mean for delistings, drafting etc? Would we likely have a new coach by the time the draft rolls around?
Depends on how legitimate this external review is.
You would think if it is going to result in casualties then you would want the incoming Footy department staff to have a say in the coach.

you think the Essendon hierarchy thought about this?

hahahahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While on one hand I respect the board's willingness to attempt a heist, I do wish they had looked at, say, Riffifi and The Asphalt Jungle as opposed to, say, the Pink Panther movies.

If the club now attempts to fashion some kind of world where they're backing in Rutten we've reached a new low for abject stupidity and malpractice. Well, at least, in this decade anyway.

I’m pretty ok with this. Do the external review and do a proper process to get a coach that is the best fit for us. Has worked well for Pies/McRae Blues/Voss.

I also can’t believe I’m saying this but I also wouldn’t hate the idea of asking Lyon to apply.

The funny thing about all of this is that it was so unnecessary. Literally no reason for this at all. Rutten’s coaching record isn’t bad enough to deserve all this.

The only thing that needed to be done is an external review, a few changes, publicly backing Rutten, hit the off season and draft and hope for a better year. Ruined everything in the space of 24 hours to the point where it makes us a very unattractive destination for both Essendon and non-Essendon players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back