Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Until this club actually does something of note on field again, there will be a small group of fans who cling on to the idea that a sudden eureka moment in a real court/senate enquiry/martian galactic kangaroo court vis-a-vis the saga will occur and suddenly make our irrelevance on-field less of a thing.

These are the same people who stand up year after year at the AGM and ask the same question...You can imagine them still doing it in another decade from now too.

The latest round of calls for an enquiry were about ASADA only adding the substances to their published list the day that Essendon were thought to have used them.

From a certain point of view it looks dodgy but really it means nothing. The list isn’t exhaustive.

I’d be interested in seeing the AFL do a proper review of its whole anti doping process because I personally think it’s absolutely ****ed, and the whole ASADA / WADA approach is totally unsuited to sports such as footy.

But that’s actually not even really about our case, more the likes of Ahmed Saad or other individuals who have their careers and lives destroyed by anti doping zealotry, over single issues that aren’t cynical and don’t impact performance anyway.

That really has nothing to do with Essendon for me.

Guilty or not isn't important now, The point is was the investigation and verdict all above board. Murderers get off for administrative errors.

Smarter and more connected people to the club and saga than me think the process to that guilty verdict stinks.

Anyway it is what is is and by and large most have moved on but to those who haven't you gotta respect their right to keep fighting.

I'd like some more information to come out and questions to be answered, but I'm not convinced we'd find out anything new from a Senate Inquiry. You'd pretty much need one of the few people with knowledge of the intimate details of conversations and deals at the time to spill the beans which would probably be career suicide.

Guilty or not isn't important now, The point is was the investigation and verdict all above board. Murderers get off for administrative errors.

Smarter and more connected people to the club and saga than me think the process to that guilty verdict stinks.

Anyway it is what is is and by and large most have moved on but to those who haven't you gotta respect their right to keep fighting.

That ship sailed years ago when the AFL got into bed with ASADA and WADA. That means they and the clubs are all subject to their bullshit.

If there is to be a review of that then good, but it’s not going to be retrospective. It’s not going to change anything for the Essendon players.

It’s over.

I thought Jobe had moved on pretty quickly. Hopefully he isnt wasting much time and energy on it

It’s funny how life works. The saga was the worst thing to happen to Jobe I’d say.

It also sent him to New York, where he crossed paths with a model / medical student who’s now his long term partner, and he’s a proud father!

Sliding doors and all that

It’s funny how life works. The saga was the worst thing to happen to Jobe I’d say.

It also sent him to New York, where he crossed paths with a model / medical student who’s now his long term partner, and he’s a proud father!

Sliding doors and all that
Yeah it seems it clicked for him how insignificant AFL actually is compared to just living and enjoying life. Hopefully he is still loving it and not revisiting any saga stuff.

In the fullness of time which is probably around 20 or 30 years, then the true story will unravel - Especially when key players have retired and have nothing to lose.

In the fullness of time which is probably around 20 or 30 years, then the true story will unravel - Especially when key players have retired and have nothing to lose.

the only person who can ever tell the truth of the story is Stephen Dank. And hes not opening his trap any time soon.

The Sooner we all get over this the better. Nothing good will come from another Enquiry.

We need to focus on winning a Final and go on from that to be a consistent contender for premierships. Not wasting time and energy on shit that happened ~8 years ago.

the only person who can ever tell the truth of the story is Stephen Dank. And hes not opening his trap any time soon.

The Sooner we all get over this the better. Nothing good will come from another Enquiry.

We need to focus on winning a Final and go on from that to be a consistent contender for premierships. Not wasting time and energy on shit that happened ~8 years ago.
That's where I'd like answers from. Someone fired gunshots into his house before he decided not to say anything about something he said he would give a full account for. He said unequivocally that he had information that would clear every player on more than one occasion. I want Dank's side of the story. I suspect the club was duped as part of something bigger and dodgier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's where I'd like answers from. Someone fired gunshots into his house before he decided not to say anything about something he said he would give a full account for. He said unequivocally that he had information that would clear every player on more than one occasion. I want Dank's side of the story. I suspect the club was duped as part of something bigger and dodgier.

Even if he did, who would honestly believe a word he says?

The time for him to provide proof is well gone. Even if he does a tell all now (7-8 years later) no one would take it seriously??

Even if he did, who would honestly believe a word he says?

The time for him to provide proof is well gone. Even if he does a tell all now (7-8 years later) no one would take it seriously??
I'd be interested. The narrative is alive and there would always be others to respond to it. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Not sure if it's related, but apparently he's chairing the AFL's governance committee in charge of raising community relief funds or whatever. The board is made up of a couple of AFL stooges and a few other people from across various clubs and the AFLPA.

Not disagreeing. But the CAS verdict against the players, based on strands in a cable, with no punishment to any of the the real dodgy farks, and after they had been cleared in our own country still irks. Not to mention the whole guilty-until-proven-innocent process that they had to endure through the media. The players are deemed to be drug cheats based on the poor governance of a club and the arrogance of some shady practitioners despite there being no positive samples and the supposed TB4 only possibly reaching a few of the players. I know you know all of this but from the way I see it you can’t just encapsulate justice done by what you’ve stated above.
Criminal behaviour of authorities when dealing with perceived criminals, has a grand history particularly in this country.

Members should check their emails. There's a 'members first' email with a ~20 minute video attached with Brasher telling us exactly what is what.

Hopefully comes up on the club website soon, as I don't think it would be appropriate to post it here until the club has published it.

Members should check their emails. There's a 'members first' email with a ~20 minute video attached with Brasher telling us exactly what is what.

Hopefully comes up on the club website soon, as I don't think it would be appropriate to post it here until the club has published it.
LOVE the part about him saying if the club has been guilty of being soft on the saga players because they felt guilty, or being too quiet and passive in the AFL community that it stops now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back