Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Such a classic Essendon move.

What isn't however, is another announcement made by the President to members, before we hear it from the media!
You're exactly right.

The media get emails too (BigFooty is on the AFL media mailing list and I get the Essendon ones forwarded to me) – in this case the media alert email arrived a full 23 minutes after the Members First one.

Although Cal Twomey should have got the Member Email while he was on air on Trade Radio... I was surprised he didn't see it. I assume he is in fact a member.

No idea as to the accuracy of any of this

It's true. He's the chair of City on a Hill;

When they put him in charge of the external review they mentioned that he was involved in non-profits, this is one of them. The other is a fatherhood foundation but I can't find the link now. I looked him up like a month ago and it was there then but now idk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ffs, a religious nutter too

AS long as he shuts up and stays away from the limelight i guess
As NAB CEO I'm pretty sure he wasn't mouthing off about religion so I wouldn't expect him to start now. Might just be one of those people who is always on the parents and friends committee of every hobby/thing they're involved with.

What exactly does the CEO do?
In charge of the day to day running of the entire club, answers to the board.

The board of directors are voluntary, unpaid positions that meet about once a month, sometimes twice a month to oversee the long term strategic decisions of the club, and they are sometimes involved in other sub-committees (e.g. audit and risk committee) but they're not there all the time.

If you want to be embarrassed about something, there's an entire Banking Royal Commission to worry about, where Thorburn actually did and said stuff, rather than getting caught up in whether he should be excluded because of something his church did. One bozo on twitter talking about nothing groundbreaking is hardly evidence of a circus, all things considered.

I would still keep the ad up if I was the club. City on a Hill aren’t the Westboro Baptist Church but still, great, big, ****ing yikes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back