Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Isn’t Welsh massively in bed with Dodoro in the property game?

Seems like an appropriate and very on brand conflict of interest.

They were at one point along with Bomber yonks ago but no idea currently.

Would Dodoro survive an external review though? Doubt it.

I think ripping the band-aid off and going for a knee-jerk Clarko attempt would just be another hot-headed, short-term fix without any due process etc.
I think also that unless there’s some fundamental changes within the club Clarko would be faced with the same bullshit stymying Rutten

Unless we give him a 5 year deal or something then we're fully committed to a long term fix by virtue of a huge contract

Short-term in the sense of: at the moment, on paper the easy short-term quick fix would be to reach out to Clarko/appoint Clarko. It'll appeal to the masses, get everyone optimistic about next year, rinse and repeat the process all over again.

Brasher departing is of course what is needed, but I don't think sacking Truck is the answer at all.

It feels like we're doing what Richmond did in the 90s - constantly sacking coaches, looking for quick fixes, making hasty decisions.

Short-term in the sense of: at the moment, on paper the easy short-term quick fix would be to reach out to Clarko/appoint Clarko. It'll appeal to the masses, get everyone optimistic about next year, rinse and repeat the process all over again.

Brasher departing is of course what is needed, but I don't think sacking Truck is the answer at all.

It feels like we're doing what Richmond did in the 90s - constantly sacking coaches, looking for quick fixes, making hasty decisions.
That means we'll be winning flags in the 2040s! Woo!

Brasher is gone next year anyway by virtue of the 12 year limit. In isolation hin going is not of great consequence.

The sticking point is that if he goes now, he won't have the chance to groom his replacement over the next 12 months to keep the status quo.
Campbell and presumably Dodoro will be under threat, and the major domino's fall from there.

It sounds like one contender for the role currently is wanting an external review. THAT is the critical piece here.
Unless an external review takes place with an undertaking by the board to implement in full, then nothing, and no one departing will matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sorry but this illusion that we are sacking coaches is the problem. We aren’t.

We need a completely new coach not some succession bs. Woosha and Rutten are one in the same

Has not gone well. It is a shame as it was him who blew the whistle on Dank and his funneling of funds out of the club.
He is a great bloke who really has put his heart into it but the messaging has been poor and off point.

Heard from a good source some huge power moves from the top hiearchy at essendon, they've had enough and are doing everything to bring clarko in and make changes
this is huge havne't been this excited about the club in years finally something is happening
finally no mr nice guy

They were at one point along with Bomber yonks ago but no idea currently.

Would Dodoro survive an external review though? Doubt it.
I think you are underestimating Dodoro.

Dodoro will weasel his way through an external review and somehow end up with another promotion

Heard from a good source some huge power moves from the top hiearchy at essendon, they've had enough and are doing everything to bring clarko in and make changes
this is huge havne't been this excited about the club in years finally something is happening
finally no mr nice guy
Yeah the mainstream media is all over it

One you can actually open:

Board meeting yesterday, board is split on the topic of internal/external reviews.

I seem to recall Wellman Madden and Sheedy were conducting the review and are also on the board, I wonder if they’re still siding with the internal review or if they’ve been outvoted by the handpicked faceless directors

This article has been updated:

“Board member and former Channel 10 sports boss David Barham had pushed for an external review and sources said Barham could be a candidate for the presidency, along with Peter Allen, CEO of Scentre Group. The Bombers had a board meeting on Sunday and will hold another on Monday, which is expected to determine the presidency.”

There will be another board meeting today, Band-Aid will be ripped off before you go to bed tonight

So lets say we make a strong last-minute bid for Clarkson:

Let's say he's already made his mind up on North, how's Truck meant to just go about his business after that? Could really rock things internally even further. Big risk...

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back