Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
"Two weeks ago, the internal review of the football department was tabled at a scheduled Board meeting. Since that date, the Board has met several times and formed the view on the need for additional external inputs, which will now take place under the scope of an external review."

This line alone tells me that Campbell should step down. Everyone at the time knew that the internal review was the wrong choice, but still, they ploughed ahead with it.

It's disgusting, isn't it?

Brasher held on long enough, at least in his mind, to put the kibosh on any overture to Clarkson.

There has been internal dissifaction about the internal review the whole time.

I wonder if part of Campbell's contract is conditional.

That even these idiots believe that much in Rutten is beyond belief.

Have to say X may survive an external review given how well everything has gone away from footy.

If only we weren't a football club. 😅 Though as I've said many a times we are more tha Essendon Marketing Company than the Essendon football club so makes sense.

Yeah we just want a clear linear timeline of events

Lift-Off Television GIF

Oh Miss Jane......

You poor bastards :(

Remember that “the club“ is you guys - members, supporters. I hope you get some good news soon
I think the club has used the members, supporters for a long time to their advantage. We sign up as members, rock up to games, no matter how bad we are. The board know that.

Lloyd on 3AW:

3AW
"I don't think he [Rutten] will [survive this], no."
"And my opinion is that, on what I saw, and what I've seen across this year that I wouldn't go with Ben Rutten next year."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this straight.

The prospect of a review is raised

We decide we don’t need one

We then wait until the end of the season, and actually, decide we do need one

So by the time it’s finished, if it does decide change is needed, any prospective new people (Clarkson, whoever else) are already committed elsewhere for 2023 and not available.

Leaving us with nobody or duds.

Oh Essendon, you keep doing you.

Essendon doing an Australia Post.

Delivery of external review from Sydney to Melbourne, only decision is to put it on a direct flight and get it to its scheduled destination.

Instead, flight to Perth, train to Adelaide, flight to Brisbane, flight to Melbourne with a stopover in Sydney ending with an uber to the wrong address only to have the neighbours give it to you the next day but at least it got to its f**king destination.

So let me get this straight.

The prospect of a review is raised

We decide we don’t need one

We then wait until the end of the season, and actually, decide we do need one

So by the time it’s finished, if it does decide change is needed, any prospective new people (Clarkson, whoever else) are already committed elsewhere for 2023 and not available.

Leaving us with nobody or duds.

Oh Essendon, you keep doing you.
Or even worse, they announce an external review, sack Rutten and announce Clarkson before he commits elsewhere, then review that decision, completely defeating the purpose of announcing the review.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back