Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Without having read any of the early claims made by Heppellsfreak its probable this was in train weeks ago. Perhaps some of the wording like "signed" was overegging it a bit (if that was used) but none of what's happening is surprising for Essendon.

On another note it's actually possible to get very good inside info and still be wrong in these things. Some big swinging coterie dicks told me it was 99% Bomba the first time round before he changed his mind. Easy to look silly with these sorts of calls so any credit where it's due IMO.

Imagine having Shield dropped, completely out of the 22 and back playing VFL because his defensive running was so poor?

Clarko I could see doing this. The same Clarkson who told three time premiership players they are probably better off going elsewhere
In fairness Truck has not had many chances to drop midfielders. They have been injured. No cover. To do it this week you would have to bring Ham back.

Given what transpired yesterday, Rutten’s position unfortunately is untenable. The only way the club can salvage something is to sign Clarkson. Anything other than that makes this an utter, utter disaster. Complete embarrassment. Still a disaster with Clarkson’s signature, but not the type of joke that it currently looks like being.

What, changing presidents and coaches is going to change our losing ways? Same was said when Tanner/Worsfold started. Same was said when Brasher/Rutten started.Same old yada yada. Get the right cattle and your pasture and milk will be healthy.
100%
There are no guarantees with Alistair.
We need to remember he is just a man. He has a lot of variables to deal with and probably wants to experiment with his new basketball learnings.

Something not being mentioned much here is the claim that if Clarkson comes to us, so does Todd Viney. In what role, I'm not sure. Can't see that Mahoney has done much wrong.

The Norf board is funny. They are so antsy about the Clarkson situation, they have now reached "Oh we should go for Ross Lyon" stage.

tell me about it lol.

They reckon they are doing better than us!

Correct me if I’m wrong but was it Campbell that got Rutten to Essendon without a rigorous process of his suitability as senior coach?
If so, and Brasher falls on his sword, why is Xavier still there? Dodoro still there also? Im super confused.

jobs 4 da bois

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, someone's going to look very silly shortly - either Watson or Jones.
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Doesn’t matter if we met with him or not yesterday. Think Caro mentioned last night that Clarko said once deck is cleared on coach then reach out. They’ve clearly sent out feelers now start the discussions. Yesterday was all for Clarkson

What is our worst case scenario right now?

Rutten quits and Clarkson goes to North and we end up with Gia running the joint for a year?

And what is the most Essington thing?

Probably sweep it all under the carpet, run this review thing and have Rutten under stupid amounts of pressure before he finally falls on his sword in round 8 next year?

Rutten quits and Clarkson goes to North and we end up with Gia running the joint for a year?

Probably sweep it all under the carpet, run this review thing and have Rutten under stupid amounts of pressure before he finally falls on his sword in round 8 next year?

I'd still like Lyon, gives us a solid 'blue collar' , has finals pedigree and critically hasht won a flag yet so unfinished business for him

Rutten's position is already untenable, he's kaput.

Announce a coaching succession plan

I agree, dead man walking.

But then so was Worsfold and he still stuck around
Worsfold was well credentialled and could be billed as a senior figurehead, Rutten has no such cachet and frankly will probably want to be well rid of us. He'll doubtless find a home as an assistant somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back