Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Cancel culture strikes again.
i recently bought a hat online - when it was delivered i found it was the wrong hat - completely different style and colour. i’m returning it, per the stores returns policy. is that “cancel culture”?

We've done pretty well over the last few months I'd say.

- Dodged an absolute nuke by missing out on Clarkson.
- Avoided gifting Hird the coaching gig.
- Managed to convince Sheedy to out himself as the demented old crank he is.
- Get rid of a fundie CEO after a day in the job.

Admittedly it's almost all more by accident than design but outcomes are outcomes

I’ve said before I’m not sure if Barham is a buffoon throwing his weight around randomly or a smart operator - well now I’m sure.

For all the reasons raised on here, he reeks of incompetency. But worse, for me, is that nothing in his actions so far - from the way he hung Rutten out to dry to the circumnavigating of proper process to hire his mate who we all knew had questionable ethics from the banking royal commission and also turned out to be the chairman of a religious organisation spouting horrible views and values - make me think he is a good person.

That might sound a little silly but if I’m going to passionately support a football club, the least I expect is for it to be filled and led by good people.

Barham has fallen at every hurdle in his short tenure and in my opinion he needs to go before he does more damage to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He strikes me as a cowboy. Not in the folksy, likeable way… but in terms of being rash and careless. (He may well be likeable as a person, I dunno).

He’s always worked in large corporate environments and in them you have many buffers, filters and checks and balances. If somebody is a pretty good operator who gets things done (I think he’s definitely a “doer”), you can surround him with other people, resources and processes to save him (and the business) from himself and make up for his shortcomings.

Football clubs don’t have this. Here he’s the one trying to put some process in!

For all the talk of footy being big business, it’s not. Footy clubs are ~$50m businesses, not the multi billion dollar organisations with all the resources that many of these people usually operate in.

So often really big business types get a bit exposed. Others have been crossing their Ts and dotting their Is for a very, very long time.

I think I'll just stick just to footy chat from now on.
Brother you’re a good egg. Enjoy your faith in your own way.

The challenge as always is where anyone feels their faith and belief structure should be imposed on innocent others, as if you know better what they should be doing. Spoiler, you don’t, and even if you did they should have the autonomy to make their own decisions and live their life with whatever consequences that entails, earthly and otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i recently bought a hat online - when it was delivered i found it was the wrong hat - completely different style and colour. i’m returning it, per the stores returns policy. is that “cancel culture”?

Nonsense, you knew the hat you were buying , but when you put it on everyone pointed and called you a weirdo so you sent it back telling them it wasn't what you thought it was.

What an inclusive world we live in. Yay!
Remember everyone, you're all entitled to your own opinion. Just make sure it's the right one.
Your right to swing your fists stops at the tip of my nose. Have an opinion by all means but make it about how you live your own life, not demonising others. I’d be saying the same thing if we’d appointed someone who said religion is dumb, you shouldn’t be allowed to go to your place of worship and you should live lawlessly following a hedonistic lifestyle of wanton disregard for everyone.

Scott must be thinking, what the actual * have I walked into.
I’ve had two days this week where I’ve woken up to:

Sheedy undermining the board and brand new coach

Our new CEO resigning
Surprised Fire GIF

It's EFC - you just get in and have a crack. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs LOL.

Wow, Barham feels like a loose unit.

Somehow I still believe he could work out though. He's trying to get out of the harbour and keeps running into debris from stuff he's blown up. Could sink, but at least there's a clear desire to get moving.

He was holding two conflicting positions and was given the choice between the two.

He chose the other role - pretty common in all businesses that if a conflict arises you may need to step aside.

Can still have his beliefs and values but holding two conflicting senior positions would prove difficult.

Probably why scomo and Dom getaway with it as not sure they formally hold powerful positions in the church.

That's funny, we recently ordered some t-shirts and some socks turned up instead. Maybe it's a conspiracy...

Jokes aside, it's been a flustercluck of a day, again. You'd think all us supporters would have thickened skin by now after the last ten years, but here we are. Hopefully the next appointment is a very safe and non-controversial one. I wonder if Sonja Hood is available yet...

Our list manager being sacked mid trade week when we don't get a deal done for Bowes or Francis?

Just sack him now, I'd be surprised if any deals get done after the last few weeks. Go to the draft and put our faith in youth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back