Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Like the sheedy astrades ultramarine that he is, he came back in Essendons hour of need to fix the sh*show of the last decade and a half caused by the everybody gets a statue millenials

MR: What do you mean when you say “lifting standards’’?

DB: Training standard, level of professionalism, unity, togetherness, culture, they have improved out of sight. We are a really united club now, a really strong, united club, everyone’s on the same page.

Having seen more training than most over the last 15 odd years I can say that my observations back what he has said about the training standards and level of professionalism at training. It has been much better . More organised . More players driving the standards and no half baked ****ing around when they are working on structure stuff or match sim (yes I know I mentioned match sim again)

MR: What do you mean when you say “lifting standards’’?

DB: Training standard, level of professionalism, unity, togetherness, culture, they have improved out of sight. We are a really united club now, a really strong, united club, everyone’s on the same page.

Having seen more training than most over the last 15 odd years I can say that my observations back what he has said about the training standards and level of professionalism at training. It has been much better . More organised . More players driving the standards and no half baked ****ing around when they are working on structure stuff or match sim (yes I know I mentioned match sim again)
The scary part of all that is that there used to be 'half baked ****ing around' at a pro club. Unbelievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny reply.

Not sure where hyper focused on the past comes from?

We play on ANZAC day & Dream time NOW.

We use these marquee games to attract players NOW.

ANZAC day & Dreamtime games weren’t allocated to Essendon via a lottery. They were build up and landed by Sheeds and the club back then.

Showing zero appreciation for the history and origins is the kind of entitled thinking that hurts clubs and makes EFC into a meme.
Maybe we should work out how to show appreciation for the past without giving it a senior leadership job for life

Like the sheedy astrades ultramarine that he is, he came back in Essendons hour of need to fix the sh*show of the last decade and a half caused by the everybody gets a statue millenials
did this even make sense to you when you hit post reply?

So Sheeds had to be pushed out of Essendon so Bomber could mentor Hird instead?
Well played millenials, that was some forward thinking. It's not as if Sheedy and Hird had any sort of significant relationship that Knights or bomber couldn't emulate

‘Describe the season you have just endured’ makes it sound like they’ve just survived a plane crash on a deserted island and not getting paid collective squillions to maim themselves with self inflicted wounds at literally every turn.

Any word on who will replace Kevin Sheedy on the board? Kevin Sheedo?

So Sheeds had to be pushed out of Essendon so Bomber could mentor Hird instead?
Well played millenials, that was some forward thinking. It's not as if Sheedy and Hird had any sort of significant relationship that Knights or bomber couldn't emulate
a sheedy 2007 defender in 2024 is indeed a rare and special thing

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back