Player Watch Bobby “Norm” Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That mark, wow.

He was 7 feet up in the air, twisting and bouncing off a couple of guys' shoulders while marking a 45-metre kick... and yet he landed as nonchalantly as a cat jumping off a sofa. Absolute poetry in motion.

That mark, wow.

He was 7 feet up in the air, twisting and bouncing off a couple of guys' shoulders while marking a 45-metre kick... and yet he landed as nonchalantly as a cat jumping off a sofa. Absolute poetry in motion.
It's interesting that you mentioned how he landed.
I've always thought that speckies look a lot better when the player lands on their face or their back or whatever. I reckon they don't look quite as exotic when they land on their feet.

It's interesting that you mentioned how he landed.
I've always thought that speckies look a lot better when the player lands on their face or their back or whatever. I reckon they don't look quite as exotic when they land on their feet.

I’ve just been listening to a replay of different radio broadcasts of Bobby’s mark (it’s early in the morning…) and I think one of the commentators described him landing like a butterfly with sore feet. Nice😍

I’ve just been listening to a replay of different radio broadcasts of Bobby’s mark (it’s early in the morning…) and I think one of the commentators described him landing like a butterfly with sore feet. Nice😍

As Dunstall said in The Bounce, he landed like a cat.

We have lots of great players to watch, nick is always extraordinary for example. But I think bobby gives me the most joy. It’s not just what he does but the energy and enthusiasm he brings, a beaming smile and how he’s more excited dishing off a goal to a teammate than he is kicking them himself. Just a pleasure to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back