Bombers set to miss 2013 finals. (The Age, Caroline Wilson, 23/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

For those thinking Adelaide got gipped compared with Essendon you need to remember that the Crows received draft penalties because they tampered with the draft. It was an eye for an eye.
Essendon's penalties are completely different and can't be compared.

So are you suggesting Essendon should be banned from having access to a medical staff for two seasons?

For those thinking Adelaide got gipped compared with Essendon you need to remember that the Crows received draft penalties because they tampered with the draft. It was an eye for an eye.
Essendon's penalties are completely different and can't be compared.

On that logic the only penalty for salary cap cheating should be a fine :confused:

On that logic the only penalty for salary cap cheating should be a fine :confused:

Is he trying to suggest that the punishment for systemic governance breakdown leading to a nigh-unchecked injection regime should be ... what, all found guilty will be converted to pincushions?

Way I see it is that the AFL don't want Essendon playing finals. Essendon knows they can drag this out past finals by getting the courts involved. This puts EFC in a powerful negotiating position. Not saying it's right, but just how it is.
What is stopping all the clubs booting Essendon out of the comp if it comes to that?

Thread has been cleared up a bit, removed various personal, offtopic or non constructive posts. 2 thread bans issued for personal abuse. You guys have been warned time and time again.

Note: Comments regarding the AFL and SA Football should be directed to their proper threads, either in the Power/Crows forums, the Footy Industry forum or the SANFL forum.

Way I see it is that the AFL don't want Essendon playing finals. Essendon knows they can drag this out past finals by getting the courts involved. This puts EFC in a powerful negotiating position. Not saying it's right, but just how it is.

I'm not so sure, they changed their tune pretty quickly after yesterday's meeting.... I think the threat of the other clubs turfing them out has made them see sense.

Would be a terribly soft punishment if they only missed the 2013 finals and some picks. Essendon wouldn't have been a threat this year anyway, so it's a non punishment to make it seem like the AFL are being firm.

They need to lose points for 2014 or no one will take it seriously.

Would be a terribly soft punishment if they only missed the 2013 finals and some picks. Essendon wouldn't have been a threat this year anyway, so it's a non punishment to make it seem like the AFL are being firm.

They need to lose points for 2014 or no one will take it seriously.
Why not both?

They shouldn't be allowed to make the finals this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Carlton for their salary cap breaches were fined $930k. And lost
  • Draft picks No. 1, 2, 31 and 34 from the 2002 National Draft
  • All draft picks in the 2003 Preseason Draft
  • Its first and second round draft picks in the 2003 National Draft
It would have to be some pretty heavy smack for it to be commensurate.

"Despite criticism of his self-centred actions in recent days, Hird's paramount interest is in the players and the club".
See if you can guess which unbiased reporter tried to pass of this piece of shit as fact?

That actually makes me ****ing sick reading that. Hird has and had no interest in the players and the club. Instead he allegedly oversaw a regime of human drug experimentation and is only looking after himself in any legal battles that are taking place.

At the risk of looking like I'm taking this all too personally, I really hope no deal is made, and this does go to court so we can all see the evidence of what a lying, self serving piece of shite James Hird really is.

If the deal is a soft one I expect Adelaide supporters to storm AFL house after what you guys copped...

You should have had Roo threaten legal action....

If the deal is a soft one I expect Adelaide supporters to storm AFL house after what you guys copped...

You should have had Roo threaten legal action....

It is off topic, but don't get me started on how my club let itself get bent over on that one and Rendell for that matter.

But back to the issue at hand, Essendon are a disgrace.

It's a shame Ron Evans isn't alive to see his club burn to the ground, with Mike Fitzpatrick overseeing it. I hope he is turning in his grave.

"Despite criticism of his self-centred actions in recent days, Hird's paramount interest is in the players and the club".

See if you can guess which unbiased reporter tried to pass of this piece of shit as fact?
Mark "I have mates only because I have the Hun expense Credit Card to buy youz all a drink or 10 and some dinner" Robinson?

Needs to be at least double this.

After ASADA report probably more...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers set to miss 2013 finals. (The Age, Caroline Wilson, 23/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back