Bombers trade bait

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by bozza
I did throw Aaron Henneman in as a sweetener. Jacobs is probably worth pick 5, whilst Thompson & Henneman are of the same age, both fringe players. If Thompson was a future captain, why the **** can't he get a game then?
Thompson has had a lot of injury problems, but these days are now behind him. He is starting to show why he was a first round draft pick, and there is no way I would even consider trading him let alone for a player like Henneman.

"Jacobs for White...hmmm, interesting. Can we have a late draft pick as well?"
Nah.

If Thompson was a future captain, why the **** can't he get a game then?
Errrr.... he can. The reason he only played a handful of games this year was because he had a knee injury for a great part of the season.

Didn't happen to catch his game on ANZAC Day, did you?

Yeah, he's capable. But pick 5? Please.

Funnily enough, he's probably just what the Dogs need and pick 19 would be about the best offer you'd get for him.

He also said recently he doesn't like being second choice full back behind Fletcher.

Is a definate to be shopped around.

Sorry Broadbidge, but your mate lamby29 has already swapped White for Jacobs :D Personally I rate White quite highly and don't rate Jacobs as highly as many supporters do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Broadbridge_20
Jacobs is another Clint Bizzell minus the courage.

I'd consider Jacobs + Henneman for White as a last resort, but we can do better.

Jacobs' courage is fine, above average actually, it's just his decision making that is the biggest risk with him.

Smith has shown more than Laycock in 2003. You may be happy with Laycock, but I have no doubt Smith will be a 200 gamer for the MFC.
hmmm interesting considering Kevin Sheehan has been quoted saying that Laycock was the pick of the bunch and that Laycock had a better year than Smith (see Liston Trophy) - Laycock 6 votes - N Smith 0
As for Heffernan, well you can keep him and his salary on the bottom of the ladder

I'd consider Jacobs + Henneman for White as a last resort, but we can do better.
no thankyou, in fact i would not like to do Jacobs for White either.
Jacobs is only 23, whilst White is about 27. I'd rather trade someone like Mcgrath or Henneman and get Peter Street (23). At least his sock is not filled with blood after every match.

Originally posted by Hosko
hmmm interesting considering Kevin Sheehan has been quoted saying that Laycock was the pick of the bunch and that Laycock had a better year than Smith (see Liston Trophy) - Laycock 6 votes - N Smith 0
As for Heffernan, well you can keep him and his salary on the bottom of the ladder
And how many senior games did Laycock play? I would not swap Smith for him at this stage. In 5 years maybe.

Heffernan was a shining light for us this season. He earned every cent.

Melbourne have won big time on the trade.

And how many senior games did Laycock play? I would not swap Smith for him at this stage. In 5 years maybe.

Melbourne have won big time on the trade

That will be the defining thing in 5 years to judge this deal.

We did not miss heff this year. But he did some good things for you guys no doubt.

I saw laycock kick 5 goals in a game the vfl this year and he is so agile and athletic for someone 6"6.

Nick smith is a key position player. Laycock will be a forward cum ruckman. Both teams got what they needed. Laycock would not have been around at pick 15 and essendon were really keen to get him. I think both teams will win outa this deal

Originally posted by Hosko
no thankyou, in fact i would not like to do Jacobs for White either.
Jacobs is only 23, whilst White is about 27. I'd rather trade someone like Mcgrath or Henneman and get Peter Street (23). At least his sock is not filled with blood after every match.

I agree with you. I would rather go with Street for a Mcgrath or Henneman instead of giving up Jacobs for White. Some people seem to underestimate Jacobs importance to us. Sure he had a shocker for us the other night but he is a consistent player for us generally and you gotta love his marking. Will only get better too remember. Whereas I dont think there will be any more improvement in a Mcgrath.

Demon37 said:

Melbourne have won big time on the trade
Reviving a dead thread.

You were saying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers trade bait

Remove this Banner Ad

Back