Prediction Bookmarked

Remove this Banner Ad

That time of the year again

From the end of last year, to this point, nothing has swayed my opinion. Of course based on health of individuals and the list as a whole

• 13-16 Wins. Similar to last year
  • Fantasia to be our most dangerous small forward
  • O Holland to finish top 10 BnF
  • Harry a better year in front of goals
  • Moir to debut
  • Cerra AA squad
6-8 changes to the list

Let's see how these 2024 predictions are going half way through...
I'll let a few rip:
  • We get solidly beaten this week.
Brisbane game. Was certainly on track for this at one stage - then a miracle occurred!
  • Danger game vs Richmond, finally we sneak away with an unconvincing win.
Correct.
  • Weitering and Walsh both return in April and struggle for their first month. This drags the team down a few notches.
Wrong, both been brilliant straight out of the gate. Bravo.
  • One of Durdin or Young stands up in place of Weitering and saves us late from an upset loss vs a minnow club.
Didn't happen (although Young was good in the Brisbane game) and now doesn't look likely, hope Weitering is good to go for all remaining games.
  • We lose at least 2 (hopefully not more) of the following five games that we should be winning: Richmond twice, Adelaide at home, Bulldogs, Saints.
On track, lost 1 from 2 so far. Will be very pleased to be wrong about this.
  • We destroy * just before the winter bye, thus going to the bye 7-6.
2 wins better off than this, I'll take it and run.
  • Game plan shifts to a more attacking style after the bye and we win 7 out of last 10 games to finish 6th with 14 wins.
Hopefully the 7 out of 10 is right.
  • First final is another nail biter and too close to call. Win and we win the following week too. Lose and a long summer of soul searching begins.
Hopefully we'll be top 4 so not sudden death (but in any case win first up).
  • We cop one soul destroying injury that puts that player out for the season and jeopardises finals, but gives someone a chance to shine and they take it.
Doc, and Cowan (arguably other possibilities for the second player).
  • Hollands brothers both finish top 10 in the B&F. Joined by Cripps, Cerra, Walsh, Weitering, Charlie, TDK, Saad and a dark horse nobody sees coming.
Elijah maybe on track, think Ollie can and will go up a gear or two but might not make it that high. Cerra probably out. Harry probably in. Not sure about dark horse yet.
  • Pittonet will toil away manfully for various games but by end of the season will be regularly lining up in the reserves.
I stand by this. TDK has been brilliant.
  • Harry's form is good early but falls away as he struggles through winter. Then recovers and is dominating by finals.
Been very good so far, hopefully less winter dip and more dominating to come.
  • There's hard luck story where someone who has battled away for years showing flashes of promise is injured half the year, plays reserves most of the rest, and is not offered a new contract.
At least 2 guys on track for this.

Bump…seems I was right…just can’t trust em. Somehow we’re winning early but the signs were there

Then we got on a roll when we were able to field a good team overall, to then fall in a heap with form and fitness. Clubs have worked us out and completely taken away the huge advantage we had with a slow midfield, our clearance and contest game.
I’ll give the coaches some credit, they turned a massive weakness in the turnover game around but it’s so bloody clear with this list that is not the way we are going to get to the promised land. This is a list to beat you up in the contest, turnover game is the icing. We need both but we absolutely need to be winning the clearance/contest game with our player set of strengths around and on the ball.

I was right a long time back with Russell, was banned a couple of times over it. Make no mistake, this area of the program has cost us 3 years of our window of opportunity just like the recruiting area in our last attempt at a rebuild. Is it too late, who tf knows, but I do know we need to do have almost the perfect trade/draft/preseason to be anything next year.

Just have to hope the club don’t do a typical Carlton thing and dump the coach to go for a Malthouse messiah type

It’s best to take off your blue tinted glasses, this club is made for breaking you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Im Fine On Fire GIF by Travis

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Bookmarked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back