Boxing Day Test Match Bowlers

Remove this Banner Ad

tiges4ever

Debutant
Nov 25, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Assuming all of Siddle, Johnson, Bollinger and Hilfenhaus are available and we are playing a spinner who would you leave out for Boxing Day?

It would have to be Siddle, but that won't happen in Melbourne. As it stands, it will be hard to pick Hilf. Eight overs at club level is all that he will have done in a match since his injury, and with only clown cricket over Christmas he might not be able to get a real stint before the Hobart Test. If he was approaching any sort of fitness, he should be opaying the tour game to prove he can bowl a full spell - because he won't get another chance before the Hobart Test.

Johnson
McKay (Hilf, if deemed fit)
Bollinger
Hauritz

Assuming all of Siddle, Johnson, Bollinger and Hilfenhaus are available and we are playing a spinner who would you leave out for Boxing Day?
so have they named a squad? a few reports say Hilfenhaus will come in for Mckay if fit. Does this mean it is the original 12 from this test plus Hilfenhaus?

so have they named a squad? a few reports say Hilfenhaus will come in for Mckay if fit. Does this mean it is the original 12 from this test plus Hilfenhaus?
I havent heard.

I would prefer Johnson to miss out. He is a wicket taker, but leaks so many runs, and gives sides confidence. I feel it will be either Hilfy or Siddle though; am leaning towards Siddle.

Siddle - purely a time factor with him. Hilf had more time to get over his injury. Siddle flying from Adelaide to Perth then to Melbourne not to play might hurt him.

Hilf's figures in grade cricket today were pretty good so as long as he pulls up well, he is in.

Has a side been named? not sure. If this was the case there is no backup batsman, so they would have to call someone in if Ponting wasnt fit.. Leave out Hilfenhaus i think. 8 Overs at grade level isnt a test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed.

Ever faced left hand bowlers. Quite enjoyable to bat against once you get used to them.

And besides Johnson's pretty much been serving up rubbish for quite some time in test match cricket.

It's pure fallacy this whole right arm left arm crap, play the best bowlers and if four right armers are your best, you play them, vice versa.

Indeed.

Ever faced left hand bowlers. Quite enjoyable to bat against once you get used to them.

Yeah, but U16's isn't a very good comparison to test matches I find

Siddle's main asset seems to be his run-in-hard all day ability. Well Doug can do that..and I like MJ as a wicket-taker more than Siddle

(Thought I responded to this ffs)

Yeah, but U16's isn't a very good comparison to test matches I find

Siddle's main asset seems to be his run-in-hard all day ability. Well Doug can do that..and I like MJ as a wicket-taker more than Siddle

(Thought I responded to this ffs)

Haven't played juniors in 3-4 years, so my experiences are coming from senior cricket. Still I realise it doesn't count for much but I'd prefer one of the left handers to be left out. Big fans on Siddle and Hilf so they both have to play if fit.

i think siddle might get the nod over bollinger coz of the whole home ground thing, if everyone is fit. wud be hard to drop bollinger tho.

hilf would have to be about the first bowler picked if fit tho surely? johnson is the most talented bowler in the side by far but his form hasn't been great recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing Day Test Match Bowlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back