Boxing Ring at Bulleen Park

Remove this Banner Ad

coltsmad said:
should say something that the ivanhoe coach was voted colts coach of the year. he has been good with an average team with a few good players. fitzroy coach very unlucky to miss out. he certainly did well without his stars for most of the year. stmarys coach also without his match winners. Bulleen temp coach 15/1 record but had a star studed side
any thoughts???

Here is a fact. Each year there is a coach that sits on the panel that picks the Colts Team of the Year. This year was the Ivanhoe coaches turn. Yep he voted for himself as coach of the year. Must be doin' some good work because for most of the year he only had 4-5 at training and they turned up just before the game started most weeks. Maybe he just had a good team.

10571z said:
I play for a club under 17's . To be honest this didn't shock me. Bundoora have always been stupid. Even when i first started in this league. There coach is a ****er telling his players to do that and i hope he is banned from football matches and crimminally charged harshly. The kids parents are stupid letting there kids play for such a digusting club with what it seems no morals. The players obviously are just idiots and its looks like you have a bright future ahead. The thing that i find most disapointing is there going to get away with it. Why? because like me a lot of players have no intention of playing football anymore. They probably couldnt give a **** if they get banned for 15 years. Because there not going to play again anyway. If justice will be truly served crimminal action needs to be taken. There is no excuse for this. Ive played Ivanhoe they were a nice fair team. This is disgracefull. Not to just football but to the human race. What makes me laugh is that theyll go straight to the dvfl.. hahahah that league is so dumb. I use to play there. There gunna make the same mistake they did with coburg. All i can say is bundoora players have a good life most likely in prison or in a hole of some sort. Ivanhoe good luck in the grand final. And Dvfl if you are so dumb to let this team in your league good luck.:) Im just hopeing harsh action is taken deffintly not just a slap on the wrist.:thumbsu:

Bundoora will be dealt with by the league. I was near the coaches boxes and heard the coach talk. He did nothing at all or said nothing to the players that would explain their actions. He did tell a player to go back out there because it looked to me and my mates like he didn't know he had been sent off. At no time did he tell anyone to hit anyone.

10571z said:
Mate we are playing football of course your gunna name call... And Dirty Dogs And Scum Those words are the truth. How do ino because ive played that bundoora team

There is a vilification code I think.

I remember going to an U17 prelim between Eltham & Diamond Creek about 10 years ago at Diamond Creek that ended up in an all-in brawl with parents, officials, spectators all involved. I remember a massive group of people (looked between 100-200) punching on in the centre square.

This is not the sort of thing that should be promoted but FFS this is football and this sort of stuff happens. No-one was seriously injured were they? The way its been reported and talked up you'd think brass-knuckles and steel pipes had been brought out onto the field and some type of gang war started.

Granted it was extremely poor form to hit the mother, but she probably shouldnt have been in that position to start with. Not excusing it, just saying.

RunawayHoes said:
Here is a fact. Each year there is a coach that sits on the panel that picks the Colts Team of the Year. This year was the Ivanhoe coaches turn. Yep he voted for himself as coach of the year. Must be doin' some good work because for most of the year he only had 4-5 at training and they turned up just before the game started most weeks. Maybe he just had a good team.

if this is the case, then he has done very well and deserves his position of colts coach of the year. was there any better out there? took his team from 4th to beat the mighty stmarys and bundoora to play off in the GF. im starting to think maybe they can go all the way. Ivanhoe have some good players, who will be the winners for them???

coltsmad said:
if this is the case, then he has done very well and deserves his position of colts coach of the year. was there any better out there? took his team from 4th to beat the mighty stmarys and bundoora to play off in the GF. im starting to think maybe they can go all the way. Ivanhoe have some good players, who will be the winners for them???

Just remember that 2/3rds of the Ivanhoe side in this grand final are bottom age. He definitely deserves his coach of the year title.

A truly disgraceful act by the Bundoora Football Club.

Their coach was on 3AW yesterday "attempting" to justify their behaviour. Neil Mitchell totally caught him out though - but the sad thing was that the coach honestly believed his team had done nothing wrong !!!!

From my experience over the past 5 years with the YJFL, both Bundoora and St Marys should be kicked out of the league.

At more junior levels Tackers through to - U13, the behaviour of the parents at every (and I mean absolutley EVERY) game I have been to involving one of these clubs has been totally and absolutley pathetic and an embarrasment to me as an Australian.

Harsh words you might think? but the truth.

I could tell you of many incidents that would digust and horrify you but there is no need as the truth has come out in this brawl on the weekend.

I have never heard one word of encouragement form these parents - St Marys parents seems to be even worse than Bundoora - abuse of umpires and opposition players is just rife and happens as early as tackers.

I have always been bewildered why the management of the YDJFL has not done anything about the behaviour of these clubs ? Maybe they are scared that they will get beaten up as well?

I always thought that the unsocial behaviour was just isolated to the parents of the St Mary's and Bundoora juniors but it looks like when the players get to U17 (or even U15 as a previous poster mentions) they unforunately start to emulate their parents.

Anyway, my children have stopped playing YDJFL in recent years because I do not have any desire to expose them to the low lifes that are the Bundoora and St Mary's football clubs. They only play school football now but miss their good friends from their YDJFL club which is very disappointing to me - but we had no choice.

I repeat - I do not know why management of the YDJFL has not acted on these clubs.

Fitzroy1 said:
Anyway, my children have stopped playing YDJFL in recent years because I do not have any desire to expose them to the low lifes that are the Bundoora and St Mary's football clubs. They only play school football now but miss their good friends from their YDJFL club which is very disappointing to me - but we had no choice.

thats a shame you feel this way. how long can you protect your kids from isolated instances. how long do you continue to hold there hands when they cross the road??what you have done is take your kids away from there mates, let them only play sub standard school footy (where similar issues can arise and i have seen it) because of what you say is a problem with 2 out of the 30 teams in the yarra.

Demonic Ascent said:
I remember going to an U17 prelim between Eltham & Diamond Creek about 10 years ago at Diamond Creek that ended up in an all-in brawl with parents, officials, spectators all involved. I remember a massive group of people (looked between 100-200) punching on in the centre square.

This is not the sort of thing that should be promoted but FFS this is football and this sort of stuff happens. No-one was seriously injured were they? The way its been reported and talked up you'd think brass-knuckles and steel pipes had been brought out onto the field and some type of gang war started.

Granted it was extremely poor form to hit the mother, but she probably shouldnt have been in that position to start with. Not excusing it, just saying.

Haha, how can you say that? Football is football, it's a game, people, parents and players are there to have fun, the YJFL don't condone went on, why would you support punch ons between players? It happens yes, but you can't say it's not that big a deal because no one got seriously injured, you saying that it's not that big of a deal is not helping the situation, i did not want to get punched from behind 3X, but you know, apparently i went on Sunday to get hit, thnx for your support!

Truthatlast said:
Just remember that 2/3rds of the Ivanhoe side in this grand final are bottom age. He definitely deserves his coach of the year title.

thats an interesting statement. they should be ok again next year? i would have thought Bulleen Temp would have been about 1/3rd bottom age. that would then mean 1/2 the players on sunday in the GF of div 1 are bottom age. thats fantastic for those 2 clubs and for the league.

by the way, didnt bundooras 2nd colts team in div 4 who finished top with a 15/1 record go out in straight sets also? what hapened down there behind the scenes? any goss??

coltsmad said:
thats an interesting statement. they should be ok again next year? i would have thought Bulleen Temp would have been about 1/3rd bottom age. that would then mean 1/2 the players on sunday in the GF of div 1 are bottom age. thats fantastic for those 2 clubs and for the league.

by the way, didnt bundooras 2nd colts team in div 4 who finished top with a 15/1 record go out in straight sets also? what hapened down there behind the scenes? any goss??

i play in that team no goss there just loss to better teams on the day had a few players missing but hey thats football

10571z said:
In the best intrest of your club you shouldnt be posting it could be used as evidence or somthing like that.

Im just really curios what happened after it all. What did your coach/parents say. Give us a long story of what happend in the club rooms

The coach was furious. He cooled them down outside and then individually and as a group gave it to them big time. He told them how their actions had tarnished their, the club and his reputation. Mate he is a great coach and has always got time for everyone but he was spewing. Sure they are instructed to play a very physical type of game but I've heard him heaps of times telling them to play within the rules, nothing illegal or dirty. But from talking to the kids who played there is more that will come out about Ivanhoe. no excuses what some of the bundoora players did was wrong but you always have to know the full story.

mattyr said:
i play in that team no goss there just loss to better teams on the day had a few players missing but hey thats football

thats a shame, you guys dominated all year. from memory as i didnt watch the div 4s much all year, non of your players played up in the div 1 side? i also dont remember hearing much about you guys being overly physical or outside the laws during the year as i did hear about your div 1 side.
didnt your div1 side not turn up to play Bulleen Temp about a month back? what hapened there as the div 4 side had a good win against Bulleen before the other game was supposed to have started

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mattyr said:
But from talking to the kids who played there is more that will come out about Ivanhoe. no excuses what some of the bundoora players did was wrong but you always have to know the full story.

what sort of things? should these ivanhoe boys be playing in the GF if they were involved in the fight? bit unfair to the other team??

coltsmad said:
thats a shame, you guys dominated all year. from memory as i didnt watch the div 4s much all year, non of your players played up in the div 1 side? i also dont remember hearing much about you guys being overly physical or outside the laws during the year as i did hear about your div 1 side.
didnt your div1 side not turn up to play Bulleen Temp about a month back? what hapened there as the div 4 side had a good win against Bulleen before the other game was supposed to have started

Bundoora are frightened by Bulleen Temp - that is the reason they forfeited - the first time they played, the Bundoora players tried their rough house tactics and came off second best.

dooza said:
Bundoora are frightened by Bulleen Temp - that is the reason they forfeited - the first time they played, the Bundoora players tried their rough house tactics and came off second best.

if thats the case, and Bulleen Temp are big and physical enough to worry Bundoora, how must ivanhoe feel having to come up against them in the GF. i havent heard anything about Bulleen Temp being a dirty team. iv seen them this year and they have been fantastic, hard at it but nothing dirty.

coltsmad said:
thats a shame you feel this way. how long can you protect your kids from isolated instances. how long do you continue to hold there hands when they cross the road??what you have done is take your kids away from there mates, let them only play sub standard school footy (where similar issues can arise and i have seen it) because of what you say is a problem with 2 out of the 30 teams in the yarra.

Fair comment (but it is often the nasty few who spoil it for the rest of us)

But when a 10 year old player for Bundoora says to your 10 year old "I'm going to f#@#@ kill you you little c!##@#@" and the parents on the sideline yell out " get stuck into him Jaiden" and the other BS that these rotten parents promote, I really just don't want to be part of it.

After the last game my kids played out at St Mary's they said to me that they never wanted to go back and also said and I quote "what is wrong with the people in the crowd, they keep on abusing everyone"

This is from pre-teenage children who usually just tell it like it is.

coltsmad said:
if thats the case, and Bulleen Temp are big and physical enough to worry Bundoora, how must ivanhoe feel having to come up against them in the GF. i havent heard anything about Bulleen Temp being a dirty team. iv seen them this year and they have been fantastic, hard at it but nothing dirty.

The ivanhoe boys are nervous of course but they're still confident they can match up well against the Bulleen players and whatever the outcome the ivanhoe boys intend to play their best footy and enjoy the day, as i said ivanhoe won once and bulleen won once

coltsmad said:
what sort of things? should these ivanhoe boys be playing in the GF if they were involved in the fight? bit unfair to the other team??

The Ivanhoe boys wanted nothing to do with the fight. They were told by their coach not to risk suspension as that would mean missing the GF.
The Bundoora boys chased after the Ivanhoe team after they left the ground. They tried to enter the rooms and bashed the YJFL official because he tried to stand in their way. They took advantage of the situation. It was one of the most gutless things I have ever had the misfortune to witness. The Ivanhoe boys can take a lot of credit for refusing to involve themselves. As for the league it will be interesting to see if they take the soft option and treat Bundoora with "kid gloves". Are they more interested in getting to the root of the problem or are they more interested in the image of the YVFL? It will be disappointing if the YVFL pretend that this was not a serious blight on local sport.

coltsmad said:

At the start of the year we didn't know if there was going to be 1 or 2 sides. In the end the club went with two sides but we had bare minimum numbers and most weeks we played short. I suppose they figured that if they didn't 12-15 kids would be lost to the club and to football. The trouble was always going to be if we had a lot of injuries and injuries to key players. Well it happened big time particularly to the Division One kids. At times they had 6-8 key players out and for the Bulleen game they were down to 11-12 so they had to give a walkover. The club tried to run the 2 teams separate and only once did players go up or down. The best player in the Div 4 team badly broke his leg in round 15 and our ruckmen did his knee so we struggled in the finals. I know the Div 1 side had heaps out in the finals including their 2 star players and up to 6 under 15's had to fill in. No excuses the Bundoora teams just weren't good enough on the day. I saw lots of div 1 games and the players are really aggressive at the ball. They play a style that is very different to how most of the other YJFL teams play so i think this is why they stand out. sure they have some kids that go harder than others but only 2 players got reported during the season. Good luck mate!

Truthatlast said:
The Ivanhoe boys wanted nothing to do with the fight. They were told by their coach not to risk suspension as that would mean missing the GF.
The Bundoora boys chased after the Ivanhoe team after they left the ground. They tried to enter the rooms and bashed the YJFL official because he tried to stand in their way. They took advantage of the situation. It was one of the most gutless things I have ever had the misfortune to witness. The Ivanhoe boys can take a lot of credit for refusing to involve themselves. As for the league it will be interesting to see if they take the soft option and treat Bundoora with "kid gloves". Are they more interested in getting to the root of the problem or are they more interested in the image of the YVFL? It will be disappointing if the YVFL pretend that this was not a serious blight on local sport.

I was there and Bundoora were doing most of the damage. But several Ivanhoe players threw punches, be it in self-defence or whatever. Only a couple of Bundoora players tried to chase the ivanhoe boys - this is not acceptable obviously. Their coach finally caught them and took them to the side of the clubrooms where he gave them a spray. No Bundoora players tried to get into the Ivanhoe rooms and there is still a lot of clarification to come regarding the YJFl official.

Bombr07 said:
The ivanhoe boys are nervous of course but they're still confident they can match up well against the Bulleen players and whatever the outcome the ivanhoe boys intend to play their best footy and enjoy the day, as i said ivanhoe won once and bulleen won once

Any chance the Bundoora boys will turn up to "cheer" on the teams ???

dooza said:

You are kidding aren't you. Why would anyone be scared of BT. Did you see the first game? I did. BT won by 12 points and were lucky to hold on in the end. Read the coaches match report BT were almost at full strength and Bundoora had players out. BT won fair and square though. Forfiet was because they only had 11 or so players. BT are a skilful running side and have been the best side in the comp this year and deserve to win.

mattyr said:
Like I said before get your facts right. Hayden Bryce no votes yet in Colts team of Year! Evan Spargo 1 vote yet in team! Shannon Young 2 votes yet in team! Interesting that the Bundoora player you mentioned and all these three blokes are very hard at the footy types. YJFL umpires like the pretty boy fancy types. Just look at how they vote each year. What do you expect. Look at the way they umpire and that might give you some insight. By the way Jed has never ever been reported or yellow carded before the weekend. Like I have said before there is heaps to come out yet that no one is allowed to talk about!

Your logic confuses and bewilders me with your ignorance and total bias.

If that was the fact how the hell did not Clarke & Shelton from St Damian's not make it,,,,100% better players than Tiny Jed yet hard at the footy and man. The panel was got at.....and I know you'll say something stupid about this, but man.........BELIEVE IT...........it is the most "Clicky" league in Australia.

The YJFL side selections proved this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing Ring at Bulleen Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back