Boxing Ring at Bulleen Park

Remove this Banner Ad

mattyr said:
It was my understanding that the injuries to Ivanhoe players was minimal. By reading some of the biased rubbish posted on this site you would think that many were seriously wounded. Again I am told that all has not been revealed yet.

I understand there injuries are l quote "minimal"? :eek:

My point is, you don't go to the footy or play footy to be "king hit" or be used as a bunching bag! Both teams are young men just out there wanting to have fun and play footy with mates, not carry on like d ickheads and hit and push women around, if that was your mother what would you do? :confused:

I know what l would do son!
Right or wrong you should never lay a hand/finger or physical injure a female no matter what!
Right or wrong that's l have been brought up by my parents, something to do with morals and respect l think!

mattyr said:
I will advise the coach about this comment. He was a superb coach in the under 15's. He again took a side that had finished at the bottom the previous season to the finals. there were no incidents at all and no reports of his players that I am aware. It is my understanding that the club did everything in its power to retain him. I think he might have even won 'Coach of the Year', if not he should have. He had the year off I think and took on a development/mentoring role at another club in a non-local competition. They were rapt and so were the players to have him back this year. The incident on the weekend was an abberation. Was it Allan Jeans' fault when Leigh Matthews hit Neville Bruns?[/quote]

no, but at the time of that incident they were fully grown men, whilst these are young wild and free spirited teenagers who are who are still highly affected by what their coaches/older peers have to say and feel pressure to follow suit and maybe it was an abberation? and maybe the moon will turn pink

EDFL MAN said:
I understand there injuries are l quote "minimal"? :eek:

My point is, you don't go to the footy or play footy to be "king hit" or be used as a bunching bag! Both teams are young men just out there wanting to have fun and play footy with mates, not carry on like d ickheads and hit and push women around, if that was your mother what would you do? :confused:

I know what l would do son!
Right or wrong you should never lay a hand/finger or physical injure a female no matter what!
Right or wrong that's l have been brought up by my parents, something to do with morals and respect l think!

I agree. I wasn't trying to justify the actions only to contextualise and remove the emotionally laden elements of the allegations.

I don't really trust what is said in the media as i think most of their info comes from this thread.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that if one team is well up and playing in a grand final the next week and the other is playing their last juniour game which one would want to bring back the biff. I know it wouldn't be as one sided as that and i'm sure the crowd might've said things, especially at a final , but that will always happen and has nothing to do with what happens on the ground.

GO THE BULLANTS

My vote for thread of the year!!

The bias, the legal threats, the overwhelmingly poor grammar and even a million dollar wager!! What more could you want?

Keep up the good work boys

whitelinefeva said:
You reap what you sow, don't come on here and slag if you don't intend on being slagged in return. If you did genuinely intend to engage in discussion on the matter, maybe next time you'll ask for peoples opinions before spraying yours so aggresively.

Footybrain, it's to the credit of Ivanhoe that they were able to win the game. I never condoned Bundoora's behaviour at all nor said that being "scum" or a "squealing pansie" had any bearing on the result on any football game. Everyone knows that football games are always decided on football ability and teamwork.

I do think the fact that it is Ivanhoe, as opposed to someone like TallyHo or SFX, that this has generated such media attention. Even though it is wrong to retaliate, if you guys had of fought back this would never have made the news. The fact that you guys didn't retaliate, has allowed the ever-opportunistic media to portray Ivanhoe as the helpless victim (that may well be the case), thus generating so much sympathy and attention from the general public. However Bundoora's version of events has not been put to the public at all, making this an unfair and one-sided affair. The media outlets have portrayed Bundoora in a very bad light, and the public have them already convicted as guilty before they've even been put to trial.

Ivanhoe are certainly not innocent, they have a group of parents who really give it to the opposition, but the fact that Bundoora are they only team that has reacted shows their lack of discipline. Ivanhoe have very influential members who are lawyers and in the media.

And Bundoora have a Sports Psychologist as their coach

News from last nights B&F function:

Bundoora will get a huge bond-$5000 -$10,000 and that is all, YJFL has enquired if any other League would want them, none did, so they have no choice but to keep them in the League.

They will also have their U15's and Colts teams monitored each game by an independent person.

Also can you tell me how Jed Mcconville got in the Colts team of the year yet didn't poll a vote?????????????????. More intimidation???????????

mattyr said:
Bundoora defeated Ivanhoe easily earlier in the year I believe (50-60 points) but with so many out were always going to struggle. Congratulations to them. They seemed to be playing pretty outside running football. Don't worry mate there were Ivanhoe players throwing punches back. Like I said Bundoora are biting their tongues and all will be revealed at the appropriate time.

Lets remind everyone of the conditions on that day... Heavy rain..Strong Wind..never over 10 degrees... now wasnt that they day that collindwood were beaten by richmond...just goes to show that anyone can win on a day with conditions as they were...

Also i want to add that ivanhoe were without 4 of their players due to injury and sickness where as bundoora had a full strength squad.

ifooty said:
Ivanhoe are certainly not innocent, they have a group of parents who really give it to the opposition, but the fact that Bundoora are they only team that has reacted shows their lack of discipline. Ivanhoe have very influential members who are lawyers and in the media.

Bundoora will get a huge bond-$5000 -$10,000 and that is all, YJFL has enquired if any other League would want them, none did, so they have no choice but to keep them in the League.

They will also have their U15's and Colts teams monitored each game by an independent person.

Also can you tell me how Jed Mcconville got in the Colts team of the year yet didn't poll a vote?????????????????. More intimidation???????????

hey, isnt Jed the coachs son - nuf said about bundoora.

Answer me this people!

What was a bulleen player who is undoubtfully playing in the grand final this week acting as the runnner in the last qrt for the bundoora team?
Further more, the coach of the bulleen team wasnt aware of one of his players being the runner for a rival team....Please explain!

yeah apparently the league will offer them a 5000-10000 dollar bond in case of any further incidence, if no league accepts bundoora.

lebron said:
My vote for thread of the year!!

The bias, the legal threats, the overwhelmingly poor grammar and even a million dollar wager!! What more could you want?

Keep up the good work boys
Hear hear (for those of you a little less educated "A shout of support or agreement.")

ifooty said:

I agree with that hint of balance in your comment. To our knowledge jed didn't get in the colts team of the year. If he did he certainly didn't know about it. If you know anything about footy often the umpires aren't the best vote casters. Often the club best & fairest is a better guide. Jed does things like 15 tackles and hard ball gets every game and the Bundoora faithful love him. Obviously this isn't the sort of style that those in the YJFL notice. I saw several Colts 1 games this year and he dominated on the wing. He missed a couple of games with injury and played others when he was significantly less than 100% just because he didn't want to let his mates down. If you have a problem with Jed why don't you tell him!

FootyBrain06! said:
Lets remind everyone of the conditions on that day... Heavy rain..Strong Wind..never over 10 degrees... now wasnt that they day that collindwood were beaten by richmond...just goes to show that anyone can win on a day with conditions as they were...

Also i want to add that ivanhoe were without 4 of their players due to injury and sickness where as bundoora had a full strength squad.

This person has zero credibilty.

I asked you a question and as yet no response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ifooty said:

After the mayhem caused by his team on the weekend I find that his stated occupation curious to say the least! What type of motivation creates that type of machismo from his players?
As for the league if the bond is the best they can do it won't satisfy any of the normal law abiding people who witnessed such a sickening exhibition. Is this the sort of image they want my 10 year old to see as acceptable? Bundoora should not be allowed to field a Colts team again! Let the players who want to play go to a club that will iron such discipline issues out.

Snippa said:
This person has zero credibilty.

I asked you a question and as yet no response.

i cant find the question you asked, if it about naming my source from bundoora 15s then i cant do that as i have been advised not to name anyone.
Also want to say i didnt get this information directly but through another person, i have no connection with the player.

serious get ova it OVERTHEBALL

ur a draina.....

u r the same...u r a parent n on a kids forum...

P I S S OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truthatlast said:
After the mayhem caused by his team on the weekend I find that his stated occupation curious to say the least! What type of motivation creates that type of machismo from his players?
As for the league if the bond is the best they can do it won't satisfy any of the normal law abiding people who witnessed such a sickening exhibition. Is this the sort of image they want my 10 year old to see as acceptable? Bundoora should not be allowed to field a Colts team again! Let the players who want to play go to a club that will iron such discipline issues out.

The YJFL will not ban Bundoora from fielding a Colts side, they will as is stated place them on a heavy bond and monitor their old age group games, they do not want publicity and media coverage so they will take the easy option.

Remember a potentially ugly incident was avoided when they player who crashed through the St Mary's Colts 1 huddle a few weeks ago was sent off and suspended(he was back for the PF)

This incident was a result of threats being made against on of St Mary's best players that he was going down. St Mary's coach rang Bundoora coach to voice his disgust and that he would be personally responsible if any harm(inan unsportmanship manner) happen to him.

But all may not be lost, many parents have stated all year that they will be taking their children to neighbouring clubs due to the atmosphere that is around the Club, it is no longer a family orientated Club, but a Club that still has DVFL mentality.

They will struggle for numbers next season, they are following the same track as Holy Child FC and Kingsbury FC both now defunct because of their on field behaviour casuing kids to look elsewhere to play.

All Clubs........... it's kids footy, it should not be that serious, but with the AFL pushing eliteness with the TAC Cup it probably is understandable.

And yes you are right, Ivanhoe are no Saints either.......

So whats people's thoughts on the Grand Final this weekend Bulleen vs Ivanhoe?

Bulleen should get over the top of Ivanhoe with the likes of Nick Miller and James Bain in the side. If these two continue their rich vein of form Bulleen will be unstoppable

OvalBallFan said:
Just goes to show what a gutless wonder you are!
I quote you
"my main reason to prove you wrong is that i have been in contact with an under 15's bundoora player who told me that the colts planned this attack at their training during the week"

Here you state you have been in contact with the player but are now saying you have no connection.

Your word and anything you have have said have been proved worthless by yourself!

Credibility absolutely nil

Mate, i really cant give a stuff what you think of me. Im not here to be judged, im simply writing what i no.
So keep ur stupid "gutless wonder" comments to yourself bud

wonderman said:
The YJFL will not ban Bundoora from fielding a Colts side, they will as is stated place them on a heavy bond and monitor their old age group games, they do not want publicity and media coverage so they will take the easy option.

Remember a potentially ugly incident was avoided when they player who crashed through the St Mary's Colts 1 huddle a few weeks ago was sent off and suspended(he was back for the PF)

This incident was a result of threats being made against on of St Mary's best players that he was going down. St Mary's coach rang Bundoora coach to voice his disgust and that he would be personally responsible if any harm(inan unsportmanship manner) happen to him.

But all may not be lost, many parents have stated all year that they will be taking their children to neighbouring clubs due to the atmosphere that is around the Club, it is no longer a family orientated Club, but a Club that still has DVFL mentality.

They will struggle for numbers next season, they are following the same track as Holy Child FC and Kingsbury FC both now defunct because of their on field behaviour casuing kids to look elsewhere to play.

All Clubs........... it's kids footy, it should not be that serious, but with the AFL pushing eliteness with the TAC Cup it probably is understandable.

And yes you are right, Ivanhoe are no Saints either.......

I wonder what the league will do if you are right about the bond and clubs like Ivanhoe and St Marys refuse to play them next year. A lot of families will not accept such thuggery as acceptable and will be likely to take that option anyway. If the league won't be tough the clubs and families may well be. That would certainly teach the league that such a soft option was not seen as acceptable! Sure I feel sorry for younger kids at Bundoora but the anger for this needs to be directed at their coach and the 16 and 17 year olds at the club that ruined it for everyone involved at the club. The league must also accept that part of the blame is with their soft attitudes over the course of this year (ie refusal to provide adequate security for the Bundoora game after Ivanhoe officials warned of their concerns, inadequate suspensions during the season for off-the-ball incidents, and providing umpires that were too young in this Bundoora prelim. final). They must accept that a duty of care exists and their preparation for this final was inadequate.

We need to forget about this debacle and put this incident behind us and focus on the real task, and that is Bulleen Vs Ivanhoe this weekend. Whats people's thoughts on the game? Players to watch?

Truthatlast said:
I wonder what the league will do if you are right about the bond and clubs like Ivanhoe and St Marys refuse to play them next year. A lot of families will not accept such thuggery as acceptable and will be likely to take that option anyway. If the league won't be tough the clubs and families may well be. That would certainly teach the league that such a soft option was not seen as acceptable! Sure I feel sorry for younger kids at Bundoora but the anger for this needs to be directed at their coach and the 16 and 17 year olds at the club that ruined it for everyone involved at the club. The league must also accept that part of the blame is with their soft attitudes over the course of this year (ie refusal to provide adequate security for the Bundoora game after Ivanhoe officials warned of their concerns, inadequate suspensions during the season for off-the-ball incidents, and providing umpires that were too young in this Bundoora prelim. final). They must accept that a duty of care exists and their preparation for this final was inadequate.

The League is soft, a couple of seasons ago Bundoora supporters jumped the fence at Telfer agianst the St Damian's Colts 1 side. This resulted in both sides coping a Bond.St Damian's wrote to the League that they wanted to play all future away games with Bundoora(Colts) at Bulleen Park.League refused and told St Damian's if they don't play at Telfer they will forfeit the game. St Damian's told them then that is what they will do. All games since have been played at Bulleen Park

OvalBallFan said:
The truth hurts dosn't it Mate!
Stick to writing what you KNOW and leave the U15's out of it!

Got nothing wrong with the U15s, just stating what i heard mate. should be good to play them next year...if its a fair game...lets just leave it at that shall we.

whos going to win the GF??
Ivanhoe were good on the weekend, beat Bundoora by 12 goals. Bulleen Temp were good the week earlier, beat Bundoora by 20 goals. rather unfortunate, a team that finishes 2nd in whats suposed to be the best junior comp in australia gets bundled out in 2 games by a total of 32 goals.
Ivanhoe have some good players, Ev, Del, Hamish, and should be very competitive. they will certainly be the crowd favourites but may go into the game feeling like they have already won the war? they may be a little brittle thanks to the Bundoora boys.
for mine, Bulleen Temp have to many good players and should win by 2-5 goals. having said that, the record between these 2 teams this year is 1 all. both games very close.
should be a good one.
by the way, the goss is the Bundoora boys will be down to watch the game. that would make things very interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing Ring at Bulleen Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back