Family & Relationships Boyfriend Men: guys who seem to need girlfriends

Remove this Banner Ad

$50 to yourself is better then sharing and getting $25, your mate is an idiot.
Too right.

How many blokes would genuinely buy their girlfriend dinner with that? It'd probably go toward a carton.

Not that many of my friends had girlfriends at high school. In my whole year (I went to a fairly large school), only a small minority were ever in serious relationships.

I remember a time winning $50 for best on ground in a game of footy, only to have a mate of mine rip on me for not having someone to share that with...

Sounds like a shit bloke thing to say... unless he was just having a laugh (as mates do) and possibly getting back at you for all the years you spent mocking his alleged lack of football ability.

;)

I know lots of these guys. Men, much more than women, have this trait.

I don't know why they do it but some dudes always have to have a women. I think it might be linked to one or combination of:

- sex on tap
- need a trophy
- like someone to do their washing
- insecure

Always seemed to be a bit of an insecurity to me.

I don't think its Men more than woman, there are plenty of chicks who are relationship addicts.

I lost a few close friends early after highschool to this affliction, pretty much disappeared while with a missus but back on the scene in a big way while single/hunting another love only to disappear again.

It used to anger me when I was younger and then I started to pity them a bit, until I found myself in my first real relationship (Longer than a couple of months etc) and I finally understood it to some degree.

I'm not saying I'm like this but there is a certain confidence that comes with having a missus, suddenly you can focus your energies on other parts of your life and your not constantly out to score or impress the ladies.

'Boyfriend Men': Blokes who have been in an LTR with more than one woman and seem to need a girlfriend out of more than mere fear of not getting regular sex again in the future (which they know they probably can).

Fair degree of difference (but I'm sure there are some psychological/otherwise overlaps).
Interesting that you use the word need instead of want.

There is a fair degree of difference between need and want.

Is Michael Clarke a Boyfriend (Husband) Man?

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/pup-ties-the-knot-20120516-1yqwy.html

http://www.whatsonsanya.com/news-13...-blossoming-relationship-with-kyly-boldy.html

So he broke up with his then-fiancee Bingle in March '10, hooked up with Boldy in the weeks after, and is now married to his rebound (who he had known since school).

:eek:

I guess when you are rich, famous and very handsome, by his age he has probably gone through all the hot chicks a man could want and so all he seeks now is the comfort of a familiar bosom. Elite sport can be a tough gig, too, and I suppose that emotional support has its advantages.

Still, there's something about Boyfriend Men that I find a little... I dunno. Can't put my finger on it.

Id love to see this list of yours FD :p

I guess id have to put myself in the struggle lovers / battlers category somewhat.
Ive been single the majority of my life only up until the last 3 years when i starting dating my current girlfriend.
I was the type of guy through my teenage years that always thought the guys with GFs were the lucky ones and believed the whole "the grass was greener".
I remember a time winning $50 for best on ground in a game of footy, only to have a mate of mine rip on me for not having someone to share that with...

Thats not even subtle. Your mate was telling you something and you let it sail straight on by.

Guys who are c*ntstruck and reliant on having girlfriends, or completely go missing when they get one to me just shows how weak and emotional they are and need a can of toughen the **** up. They need an emotional lamp post to lean on and it makes me feel sick.

Being like this is worse than being single so if people give ya grief for not having a missus tell them where to go!!!!

I started goig out with my current missus and first thing I said when things got serious is I need my space to play footy and hang out with my mates, play in my band and unless she was comfortable with that then the whole thing was going no where.

Ive had so many mates who have been locked up in straight jackets unable to do anything since getting a girlfriend. No more pubs, footy, jokes. Just bland wiferism. I had one mate who just has to have a girlfriend. Met this one bird online and 2 weeks later moved in with each other and 5 months later engaged. Hurghhhhhh.

Guys who are c*ntstruck and reliant on having girlfriends, or completely go missing when they get one to me just shows how weak and emotional they are and need a can of toughen the **** up. They need an emotional lamp post to lean on and it makes me feel sick.

Being like this is worse than being single so if people give ya grief for not having a missus tell them where to go!!!!

I started goig out with my current missus and first thing I said when things got serious is I need my space to play footy and hang out with my mates, play in my band and unless she was comfortable with that then the whole thing was going no where.

Ive had so many mates who have been locked up in straight jackets unable to do anything since getting a girlfriend. No more pubs, footy, jokes. Just bland wiferism. I had one mate who just has to have a girlfriend. Met this one bird online and 2 weeks later moved in with each other and 5 months later engaged. Hurghhhhhh.

Hugh, I like the cut of your jib.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a couple of mates like this.

Every boxing day since we were 18yo a group of about 40 mates who have either played footy or went to school together would get together for a boys only day kicking off at midday.

To gain entry you had to bring a esky filled with half a slab and $50 which covered food and a bus to take us out to a pub later in the afternoon. It is always a great day, the cricket is on the TV and we have a great old time. It's harmless and we don't hurt anyone.

We are now in our early 30's and the majority of us are married and have kids. Most of the wives are fine with the day and understand that it is a tradition and so on.

But we have a couple of the lads who are no longer allowed to go because their wives think they are too mature for this type of thing and they need to spend time with the family etc etc.

We tell them to stand up and be a man and explain that is 1 out of 365 days that they can spend with the family but these lads are just too weak to even put up a fight.

We tell them to stand up and be a man and explain that is 1 out of 365 days that they can spend with the family but these lads are just too weak to even put up a fight.

That is, deadset, my biggest fear.

Waking up one day trapped in a relationship with somebody who won't let me be me.

You are only trapped, really, if you have kids, so I guess that is part of my biggest fear. Having kids with the wrong woman.

More than happy to sit out my twenties (which I'm not even halfway through) before settling down.

I shake my head at blokes taking the plunge before 30. Like a tattoo, the chances are it won't end well if made permanent before the big three zero.

Just my opinion. Which I'm entitled to.

:thumbsu:

Yeah, I know a few like that too...missus always holding them back. I know one poor guy who had a kid to this compelte bitch and now their married. He cant go anywhere without her going nuts. Its stupidly obvious that he cant stand her and he's saying to himself "FML".

Plus to make matters worse, she NEVER EVER EVER puts out. Their trying for a second kid, and the ONLY reason he's in on it is so he can get his dick wet.

They guy I was talking about before Ive been friends with since primary school. Hes getting married just for the sake of getting married. The wench hes marrying is hideous. She look like a boy. For a while there we all thought he was gay/bi so might explain a few things. Hes the type of person whos always sick, can never make it out to places and is ultra emotional. Good by life for him.

Yeah, I know a few like that too...missus always holding them back. I know one poor guy who had a kid to this compelte bitch and now their married. He cant go anywhere without her going nuts. Its stupidly obvious that he cant stand her and he's saying to himself "FML".

Plus to make matters worse, she NEVER EVER EVER puts out. Their trying for a second kid, and the ONLY reason he's in on it is so he can get his dick wet.

I should have added that this is also part of my biggest fear. Being married to a woman who no longer finds you attractive. Can't really imagine it, being in a LTR with somebody who doesn't physically want you, but I'm sure it must be like hell on earth (if there is kids involved and you can't escape, I mean).

Genuinely, imo, a fate worse than death. I do not fear death but I fear impregnating a woman who would make a bad wife.

Does your mate hit up the pros every now and then to make up for it? I certainly would if I were in his situation. If the wife allowed me to spend any money, that is, which it wouldn't surprise me to learn that your mate's wife doesn't.

Shudder.

Does your mate hit up the pros every now and then to make up for it? I certainly would if I were in his situation. If the wife allowed me to spend any money, that is, which it wouldn't surprise me to learn that your mate's wife doesn't.

Shudder.

There is no way he would do anything like that, but I know if I was in his situation I would. 24/7.

Plus hes got a joint bank account - rookie error.

Really?!!! :eek::eek:

Sounds like you've had a couple of bad relationships mate. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if your a total flop with women. Sound like an inconsiderate twat.

Sounds like you've had a couple of bad relationships mate. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if your a total flop with women. Sound like an inconsiderate twat.

Sounds like Ive striked a chord with you, Fabio. Go write some poetry.

Ive had several very healthy realtionships with beautiful women probably because I'm not pining after them like a sick puppy like so many other people out there, and am independent. Chics actually respect this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Family & Relationships Boyfriend Men: guys who seem to need girlfriends

Remove this Banner Ad

Back