Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

When you post utter crap you probably need a few people to echo how crap it is.

Oh really? I feel better for that now! Can't have Swan fans running wild all over the place. :rolleyes:

That's what I've often been forced to ask myself when watching his complete lack of impact on most games.

I've come to the conclusion he just roams around as a soft, feeble receiver without a genuinely defined role.

Goodnight.

After all this discussion i have come to the conclusion, after being heavily on the trade side i want to keep him.

You don't get players with the skill and courage of Brad too often, and i believe he still has a good 3-4 years left in him. Hope he stays.

on ten news, i heard

Melbourne Trade: Brad Green
Melbourne Recieve: Pick 16

Sydney Trade: Ryan O'Keefe
Sydney Recieve: Brad Green

Hawthorn Trade: Pick 16
Hawthorn Recieve: Ryan O'Keefe

Seems kinda fair, hawthorn still get the best deal, but Sydney replace O'Keefe and Melbourne get a good draft pick

I'd think the Dees should throw something a little bit extra in for Sydney to make that nice. I.E. - i don't think Green is worth pick #16 and i think O'Keefe is better than Green.

Your case being that you're a chronically one-eyed Melbourne supporter?

Yeah, would be a good idea to give it a rest and admit O'Keefe is far superior.
No my case that you are a delusional Twelthendon supporter that hasn't seen Green play a match in 4 years.

Your case being that you're a chronically one-eyed Melbourne supporter?

Yeah, would be a good idea to give it a rest and admit O'Keefe is far superior.

The case is that you know next to nothing about Brad Green and you're dodging the subject. Tell us, accurately, what sort of player he REALLY is. You can do it! :)

Re: Topic - The deal mentioned on Channel 10 is the most likely to happen, unless Green decides to stay and then it just becomes ROK for pick 16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch out for an army of highly-offended Demons fans to now descend on you en masse, my friend.

An army? One person suggested it. I agree that he's not worth the same as ROK but your "summary" of him as a player was complete rubbish.

No my case that you are a delusional Twelthendon supporter that hasn't seen Green play a match in 4 years.

Wow, such repartee!

I've seen Green on the field plenty, mate. However, you are right in a sense .. I haven't actually seen him contribute much to the play. The Dees touted him as a gun forward once upon a time, then tried to turn him into a midfielder when his contributions were patchy up there. Self evidently, in such a "shit side", that move hasn't worked, either.

It's interesting that you're accusing me of being delusional (in a thread that has nothing to do with my team whatsoever, which has me odds on to be much more objective about the subject than you), too. Especially when it seems you have a real chip on your shoulder about Essendon for some reason.

Wow, such repartee!

I've seen Green on the field plenty, mate. However, you are right in a sense .. I haven't actually seen him contribute much to the play. The Dees touted him as a gun forward once upon a time, then tried to turn him into a midfielder when his contributions were patchy up there. Self evidently, in such a "shit side", that move hasn't worked, either.

It's interesting that you're accusing me of being delusional (in a thread that has nothing to do with my team whatsoever, which has me odds on to be much more objective about the subject than you), too. Especially when it seems you have a real chip on your shoulder about Essendon for some reason.
I understand how Brad just continuously fails to impact on matches....

I mean look at his poor stats when the team is down, only averaging 23 disposals, 1 goal a match, complete front runner.

And BTW the only reason Okeefe is better then Green is because he played in a good side.
yeah, that's the only reason.:rolleyes:
I'd think the Dees should throw something a little bit extra in for Sydney to make that nice. I.E. - i don't think Green is worth pick #16 and i think O'Keefe is better than Green.

I think that's what we're all thinking. I'm a fan of Green, if the Hawks couldn't snare ROK, I was hoping we might get a look at Green. But it seems highway robbery that the Swans give up ROK, and receive 'only' Green in return.

yeah, that's the only reason.:rolleyes:

I think that's what we're all thinking. I'm a fan of Green, if the Hawks couldn't snare ROK, I was hoping we might get a look at Green. But it seems highway robbery that the Swans give up ROK, and receive 'only' Green in return.
Question, seemingly as Sydney are trying to avoid the rebuild, who do you think would be more important to them? Brad Green or Pick 16?

http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=68796

MELBOURNE is still optimistic of retaining midfielder Brad Green, but the versatile Demon has yet to make up his mind on his playing future.

On the third day of the exchange period, Melbourne general manager of football operations Chris Connolly said the club was still waiting to hear of Green's intentions. Connolly said the club will need to know what Green is doing before Friday.

"We'll need to know tomorrow night [Thursday], one way or the other," he said.

"I haven't spoken about a deadline."
Let's run that one again;

"We'll need to know tomorrow night [Thursday], one way or the other," he said.

"I haven't spoken about a deadline."

And to think some Melbourne people were worried given Schwab & Connolly's trading record at Fremantle.

Wow, such repartee!

So you still havn't answered the question, what role did he play this year?

In fact, how many FULL Melbourne games did you see this year? Considering we are barely ever televised on 10/7 I don't think it would be over 2-3, if it was, you'd be able to answer what position he played this year.

As for calling you delusional, if you're going to add your opinion, you should at least make a valid opinion, saying he had no impact on games this year is clearly wrong, you havn't been able to name what position he has played either, it lead me to believe you are just basing this off nothing.

And for the record yes O'keefe is better than Green, I value O'keefe at around 5-15, and Green at 15-25.
Therefor Rok>Green=16

Yeah fair enough O'Keefe is probably a bit better player than green but i think it is more like O'Keefe is worth more than pick 16 rather than green is worth less than 16. IMO 16 for green seems about right (Prob bout 18 would be closer but sydney aint got that) but i think sydney will struggle to get more than that for O'Keefe which is unfortuante for them. What a player is worth is one thing but what you can get/need to give up for them is another.

That's what I've often been forced to ask myself when watching his complete lack of impact on most games.

I've come to the conclusion he just roams around as a soft, feeble receiver without a genuinely defined role.

Bluffing is great in poker. What happens though, is that when you bluff too often, people see that what you're saying actually has no substance to it, and you are exposed as not knowing what you're doing or saying.

Those who still call Green soft are lying when they tell you they've seen him play in the last three years.

Bluffing is great in poker. What happens though, is that when you bluff too often, people see that what you're saying actually has no substance to it, and you are exposed as not knowing what you're doing or saying.

Those who still call Green soft are lying when they tell you they've seen him play in the last three years.

So I'm "bluffing", am I? Sigh. Were you trying to make yourself sound quite that arrogant and pretentious?

My opinion is that Green is nowhere near the player that O'Keefe is .. and I think you'll find that a clear majority of level-headed football supporters agree with me. (Or at least most supporters who aren't so biased that they're not prepared to consider things objectively.) That's no "bluff"; it's a strongly held view based on the accumulation of a lot of practical evidence over the best part of a decade. So shoot me for it if it gets under your skin so much.

How some Melbourne fans' obsesssion with Green's recent transformation into a midfielder discounts that argument you'll need to explain to me. As you will the laughable attempts by a few people here to say I haven't watched Melbourne play for years. (Attempts made all the more hilarious by the disagreements between you all about how long it's allegedly been since I've seen them play. Whether it was just this year, the last couple of years, the last 3 years, the last 4 years, or God only knows how long, none of you can seem to come up with a consistent line of attack.)

Sadly for the sake of all your personal criticisms of me, I actually like Melbourne. (Unlike at least one of you in reverse, who seems to visit an alarming number of threads on this site to bitch about what a "shit" club Essendon is.) My best friend goes for them (and has never seen his team win a premiership in his lifetime), and they've had two of my favourite ex-Essendon players as their coach since 1998, which has made me well disposed toward them too. Consequently, I've watched plenty of them and would quite like to see them do well.

Many other Melbourne players have impressed me but Green rarely has. After the raps on him when he came from Launceston (including that he was supposed to be an absolute star in at least 3 sports), I think his career hasn't matched the hype TBH.

In AFL terms, I believe he is soft. His readiness to enter packs, run with the flight of the ball, and take more courageous marks is improving. There's no doubt about that. But he's still not the kind of player you see regularly at the bottom of packs, consistently fighting for tough contested ball, standing up to genuine physical pressure in big matches, or inspiring his team through the sheer force of his personality and will. That's the kind of thing that distinguishes the genuinely hard and tough players at this level.

For those who seem so eager to bait me about it .. as it happens, I remember a number of games this year where he failed to stand up when he was needed. In the Hawthorn and Bulldogs games at the start of the year, he picked up some cheap possessions but did bugger all to alter the course of those thrashings; against a severely depleted Essendon (when they had a real chance to win), he was nowhere to be seen; and against Collingwood, he failed to go in and get some contested possessions and missed a couple of simple shots at goal at crucial times in the game when the Demons really needed them. That's just four examples even off the top of my head.

If you read back, you'll also see I wasn't the one who brought (the complete red herring of) Green's position up at all. That side-issue (call it a bluff, if you like) was raised by someone who also said the following:

"And BTW the only reason Okeefe is better then Green is because he played in a good side. I'd like to see how Okeefe would have gone playing for Melbourne this year, Green is an absoulte gun and would kill it at any team he gets traded to (unless he gets traded to another shit side such as Essendon)."

I treated those comments (and his follow-up post) with the contempt I believe they deserved.

All that said, I'll give you a tip. I'd humbly suggest that, the next time you want to try out a personal, moral-high-ground style attack on somebody for allegedly saying things that have no substance and imply they know nothing, you might at least do them the courtesy of applying your comments more accurately and therefore more widely. Otherwise, they look totally hollow and transparent, and suggest that you're being critical for no other reason than the person you're targeting happens to have an opinion that differs from yours. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back