Brad Hodge quits first-class cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Same as what happened to Dean Jones...to make the Australian team it's not how good you play but how good you suck up to the selectors.

Yea Hooksey suffered the same fate by speaking his mind and not towing the line. Although i think Hookes and Jones were more trouble makers and outspoken and Hodge more of a whinger and knob ;)

Yea Hooksey suffered the same fate by speaking his mind and not towing the line. Although i think Hookes and Jones were more trouble makers and outspoken and Hodge more of a whinger and knob ;)

Yeah probably spot on, gotta love Hookesy. Didn't back down to anyone, shame he picked a big dumb bouncer to mouth off to.

Interesting that you say this. Would love to know why you think he is a knob ? Personal experience, or just making a judgement from your couch ?

both. I gave him a beating at school and his mummy rang up everyone from my mum to the school principal to the editor of the local paper. And yes, I wrote that post from my couch.

both. I gave him a beating at school and his mummy rang up everyone from my mum to the school principal to the editor of the local paper. And yes, I wrote that post from my couch.

All I know is that Hodge is on the walls of the MCC/MCG and you're not.

But in fairness to Hodge, he was only 12 at the time. And you were 27.

Plus he played 23 tests and averaged less than 35 with only one century.

When you've got someone as useless as Hussey ATM still holding down a test spot it really makes a mockery of the selection process.

Yesterday Hussey was embarrassing (again) on an Adelaide road against a very ordinary attack.

I'd rather see Hodge promoted to the team temporarily until Ferg is fit again... Hussey has been a major factor is series losses against India, SA and England and doesn't deserve his spot.

Why would you want a selfish, pea-hearted, prick of a bloke anywhere near the Test side?

Why would you want a selfish, pea-hearted, prick of a bloke anywhere near the Test side?
You tell me, seen you talking up Shaun Tait plenty and that description applies to him a lot more then it does to Hodge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You tell me, seen you talking up Shaun Tait plenty and that description applies to him a lot more then it does to Hodge

No, definitely more to Hodge.

But since likka describes Tait like that, but it's exactly what Hodge is...one wonders why he thinks Hodge should be in the side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Hodge quits first-class cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back