Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, looks like Bock will be moving forward :thumbsdown:

He'll be back to Torrens before the season is out.

Bock is a utility, who is better at CHB than CHF. I would love to see him on a Westhoff and run off him all day, Scarlett like. But, we have a keyforward problem, Tippett is 2 years away and if Moran was a forward he would of played there for the Roos. There is no option with Bassett fit this year, than to play Bock forward at certain stages. Especially before Hentsch is back and firing. Would like to see Sellar have a huge pre-season and get fast tracked to play in all trial games and if he shows a glimar of form, play him from round 1. Sellar needs to have a big year if we are any chance of winning a flag in the next 5 years

Maybe there is a completely new attacking strategy in the works that doesnt feature bock in the forward line??

Just because Adelaide wnat to devlelop Moran as a CHB doesn't mean its going to happen next season.

I personally think bock NEEDS to play at CHB. Hopefully Trent will have fully recovered and hold down the forward position with maybe Johncock or possibly Rioli along side him and Gill and welsh in front of him

If we are indeed going to use Bock up forward I will be supremely pissed off. Bock is a natural CHB. He dominated at CHB when he played there this year. Absolutely pissed on his opponent then got the ball a lot as well. He must be used at CHB for the WHOLE YEAR.

I'm pretty sure the club has quite clearly indicated their intentions to play Bock in defense this year. he only played forward because of our shortages there. If he is to play forward it will be because Burton, Gill, McGregor, Welsh, Tippett, Hentschel, Sellar and maybe even Stevens aren't doing the job. I highly doubt Moran in defence will push Bock forward.

I'm pretty sure the club has quite clearly indicated their intentions to play Bock in defense this year. he only played forward because of our shortages there. If he is to play forward it will be because Burton, Gill, McGregor, Welsh, Tippett, Hentschel, Sellar and maybe even Stevens aren't doing the job. I highly doubt Moran in defence will push Bock forward.
Finally some common sense.

Pretty sure AFC learnt an important lesson with regard to Bock's best value to the Crows this year. I would like to say I told you so, to all those last pre-season were pushing for Bock to be played up forward & I was saying that he must play CHB.;)

I would just like an official link so i can show the guys at my work, who are quite skeptical. I work in a sports medicine center and we deal with alot of AFL players and theres quite a bit of debate about this at the moment

http://www.nab.com.au/About_Us/0,,81785,00.html
The above site is the official NAB Rising Star Award site.

About Moran;
His athleticism was highlighted in the 2004 NAB AFL Draft Camp when he set a new record for the 20 metre sprint at 2.78 seconds.

However the quote perpetuates the myth that Moran broke the record at the official draft camp. He didn't. He actually broke the record at the QLD state screening.

This week it has been reported, on BF, that Luke Miles, a CHB, ran 2.72 for the 20m at the WA state screening.

As I said in that thread, "Of course it could just mean that WA has borrowed Qld's tape measure."

The official draft camp record is shared between Steven Koops (1995) and Danyle Pearce (2004) at 2.79sec for the 20m sprint.
Both lightly framed Aborigines, which as you have rightly pointed out, are much more likely to record quick 20m sprint times than 200cm white guys.

Unless the measuring equipment is provided by state associations. :)

http://www.nab.com.au/About_Us/0,,81785,00.html
The above site is the official NAB Rising Star Award site.

About Moran;
His athleticism was highlighted in the 2004 NAB AFL Draft Camp when he set a new record for the 20 metre sprint at 2.78 seconds.

However the quote perpetuates the myth that Moran broke the record at the official draft camp. He didn't. He actually broke the record at the QLD state screening.

This week it has been reported, on BF, that Luke Miles, a CHB, ran 2.72 for the 20m at the WA state screening.

As I said in that thread, "Of course it could just mean that WA has borrowed Qld's tape measure."

The official draft camp record is shared between Steven Koops (1995) and Danyle Pearce (2004) at 2.79sec for the 20m sprint.
Both lightly framed Aborigines, which as you have rightly pointed out, are much more likely to record quick 20m sprint times than 200cm white guys.

Unless the measuring equipment is provided by state associations. :)

Cheers, but that still doesn't explicitly state the record. According to an article an the AFL website i read today it says Pearce now holds the record??

"The English-born Moran moved with his family to Australia at the age of 15 and caught the eyes of recruiters in 2004 when he set a new record for the 20m sprint at the AFL Draft Camp [a record now held by Port Adelaide's Danyle Pearce]."

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=52548

Another article on the AFL website states:

"Port Adelaide midfielder and this year's NAB AFL Rising Star Medallist Danyle Pearce is the record holder in two events - the 20-metre sprint (2.29 seconds) and agility test (7.79 seconds) - set back in 2004"

http://prod.www.afl.cfour.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=33431

So the only 2 resources I could find that weren't post by a user on a forum state the Pearce holds the record and that it is 2.29 seconds??

I don't know I'm done caring lol make of it what you will :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad we got rid of this hack.. Can't believe we got pick 37 for him... I was hoping we just delisted him..

feel sorry for you guys losing a draft pick...

who knows maybe he will come good? and maybe Kevin Costner might make another good movie?

Both very unlikely..

I'm glad we got rid of this hack.. Can't believe we got pick 37 for him... I was hoping we just delisted him..

who knows maybe he will come good? and maybe Kevin Costner might make another good movie?

Both very unlikely..

Thanks for that.

Good luck with that speculative 3rd rounder too. I'm sure it'll go a long way in a weak draft.

Both very unlikely..

hehehehehehehe, yeh right, their all shit when they arent yours anymore.

I don't see what everyone's so upset about with the idea of Moran at CHB. If he can do a good enough job to take Bocks spot then isn't that more of an indictment on Bock? Not to mention if he can push Bock out that will mean we have a super tall super quick man monster that can play, I'd be super excited by the idea of Moran making CHB his own.

I don't see what everyone's so upset about with the idea of Moran at CHB. If he can do a good enough job to take Bocks spot then isn't that more of an indictment on Bock? Not to mention if he can push Bock out that will mean we have a super tall super quick man monster that can play, I'd be super excited by the idea of Moran making CHB his own.

I completly agree! I don't know what all the fuss about this is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Moran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back